Find UK Tuition
Reet Järvik (Mrs) - French, German, Estonian Tutor in Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I can help you to improve your language skills whether you are struggling with grammar or simply want to be a better communicator. Contact me today for help and support in a friendly and non-threatening environment.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- German, French and Estonian.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Hons degree in German and English, a PGCE and QTS.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught German up to A-Level and French up to GCSE in secondary schools for the past 25 years.
- How much do you charge?
- GCSE and A-Level German £35 per hour, KS3 German and French £30 per hour, Estonian £30 per hour, KS1 and KS2 German and French £30 per hour. Travel expenses (petrol) depending on distance - to be negotiated. Undergraduates - rates can be negotiated on application.
- Where do you teach?
- I am able to teach at home, in the student's home or on line via Skype. The area I can cover includes Nottingham, Derby, Burton on Trent, Loughborough and north Leicestershire.
- When are you available?
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9.00 am to 6.00 pm - possibly Friday or even some weekends. I am very flexible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- KS2, KS3 French, KS2, KS3, KS4 and KS5 German. Estonian - beginner to advanced. Undergraduate German students requiring assistance with grammar and language skills.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE and A-Level German
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to tutor on line via Skype and e-mail.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- BA Hons German and English - University of Warwick PGCE - University of Leeds
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring several A Level , GCSE and KS3 German students, a university professor who wants to improve his German and an adult learner who needs to improve her German for work. I am also tutoring someone in the United States via Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a competent linguist who understands the problems that language learning can present and I can help you unravel the mysteries of declensions, conjugations, tenses and other grammatical hurdles but I can also get you to speak and communicate confidently. Whether you are grappling with the mysteries and complexities of A-Level German, whether you are having problems preparing for you GCSE Speaking Test or whether you simply want to improve your conversational skills, I can provide the tools and the right atmosphere for you to succeed. Language learning should also be fun and, to this end, my language lessons include a variety of activities covering the four skill areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Practice makes perfect and this is often achieved through a range of language games often using IT and new technologies.I pride myself on tailoring my tutoring to the needs of the individual which means I will really listen to you, find out your requirements and adapt my teaching to your needs.
Send a message to Reet Järvik (Mrs)
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Have you ever tried to learn Estonian? Most of you will have grappled with French, German, Spanish or maybe even dabbled in Russian and Mandarin at school but very few of you will have come across Estonian. Estonian is a Finno Ugric language related to Finnish and Hungarian and, as thus, bears little resemblance to Indo European languages...