Find UK Tuition
Mark - Science, 11+, Biology, Chemistry Tutor Romford, Brentwood
- BSc (HONS), PGCE, HNC, Dip (Chem)
- PGCE, QTS
- Enhanced disclosure
- ASE, GTC
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am a fully qualified professional teacher of science and examiner. I buy professional tuition resources. Most of my work comes through from past students who have passed my details onto others. See my main website for more details.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach KS3 Science, GCSE Science and the separate GCSE Science. This includes Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I also teach AS and A2 Biology and Chemistry. I use the latest examination questions and mark schemes to support learning. I have professional software that is specific to each board and this splits off individual topics in terms of examination questions and mark schemes. I also offer 11+ and 13+ tuition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a HNC in Science, Diploma in Chemistry, Honours degree in Natural Science with Chemistry. I have a PGCE in Secondary Science. I currently hold full Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked as a full time school teacher in several schools. I am an examiner for one of the major examination boards and have over ten years experience of tutoring. I have a proven tack record for excellent results. I have managed to turn U grades into A grades before.
I have vast experience of teaching students from both Independent and state schools.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge from £14 per hour for groups. The groups are tailored to individuals needs. For 1 to 1 lessons see the prices above. My costs normally include the provision of homework. I now offer discounts for group lessons. Please see my main website for full details of fees and more information regarding my service.
- Where do you teach?
- I also have a classroom at home. I also tutor online. I am happy to travel. However, I will charge for the travel to cover the cost of time and public travel costs. Please note that transport costs are expensive and if you are a long way from it me it may be uneconomical.
- When are you available?
- I am available most of the time. I have an online calendar that is available to view. Please contact me to obtain access.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from ages 11-18. I teach Science, Chemistry and Biology. 11+ and 13+
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Primary English and Maths, Key stage 3 Maths and science, 11+, 13+, GCSE Science, IGCSE Science and A Level Chemistry and Biology
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do, and it is updated on a regular basis.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Use Skype with full interactive software.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the ASE. This is the Association for Science Education as well as the General Teaching Council (GTC). The ASE provides me with information on changes to the Science curriculum enabling me to be aware with the latest developments.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My subject degree is through the Open University.I trained at University of East London whilst I was doing my teacher training.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have a wide range of students, stretching across both gender and age.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- All of my past students have improved upon their current grade. I will not only teach the subject but also show you how to pass the exams and also how to study for a wide range of exams.
Send a message to Mark Scates
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
So many students over the years have told me that they revise by reading. I would say that 90% of all students that I have ever met have told me this. However, I question its effectiveness. If this was to be an effective learning technique then surely teachers would use this as a major teaching method. Modern examinations do not just test...