Find UK Tuition
Shahid A Level/IB Physics and Maths Tutor Twickenham Richmond Hampton
- BSc (Hons) Physics University of Bath
- MSc Photon Science University of Manchester
- DBS checked, 2011
- Work at Specialist Science Tutors
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am a full time tutor with 3000+ hours of experience. I have a detailed and up to date knowledge of every major Physics and Maths syllabus. I bring an added level of professionalism and dedication to my tutorials and this what families search for.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor Maths and Physics up to degree level. I can cover all sorts of topics in these fields, far too many to list. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask.
i also tutor Chemistry for GCSE and AS.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSc in Physics from the University of Bath and an MSc in Photonics from the University of Manchester. I plan on taking up further study in Maths and Physics as the opportunity arises.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I estimate I have at least 3000 hours of experience. I have been a tutor since I was 22 and studying for my MSc. After leaving University and moving back to London, I have worked full time as a tutor since 2012 and have around 4 years of experience. I have conducted face to face tutorials as well as online tutorials. I estimate my online experience to be in excess of 800 hours, as every year I take on last minute students in April and May and tutor them intensively. My experience for the IB syllabus is approximately 500 hours spread across Maths and Physics.
I also offer residential tuition and have had several successful placements.
- How much do you charge?
- My charges £50 per hour for online students or those local to me. I am willing to travel further, but I do charge extra and expect a block session e.g. 3 hours. I have travelled up to central London and outside of London before and in these cases we would need to come to an agreement beforehand.
I give discounts for pairs of students. I also offer generous discounts when students refer me to others.
I offer a free 15 minute trial for online lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I tutor from my home (very infrequently) or at the students home. I travel within my local area frequently and this includes Twickenham, Richmond, Teddington, Hampton, Staines, Isleworth, Hounslow, Brentford, Osterley, Whitton, Egham. Most of my travelling is within the TW postcode area. I do travel to other places on occasion, but you would need to contact me to discuss this further as usually it is the lack of time that prevents me from travelling,
I see students online, and this is really the best solution. In the past, I have had both regular and short term clients taking lessons online.
- When are you available?
- I am a full time tutor so I am available most days from 11am-9pm weekdays. On weekends I start earlier at 9am and finish at 5pm.
For online lessons, emergency/last minute tuition and to accommodate students in different time zones, I have started as early as 6am and finished as late as 11pm in my local time zone.
I am available for residential placements during Christmas, Easter, Half term and Summer holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I will tutor any age, as long as the student is being prepared for GCSEs or an equivalent/higher qualification. I do not deal with young children. I have tutored mature students in maths and engineering.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- i tutor for the GCSEs, IGCSEs, A Level, Pre-U, IB SL and HL, Foundation year, Undergraduate work. For foundation year and undergraduate work, just ask me first. For advanced topics in Maths, I am able to cater to these, but again ask me first to make sure.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I am registered on the new subscription service.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use a bespoke set up at home, with both dedicated hardware and software. I have a high speed internet connection, to which I am connected via an Ethernet cable giving me a stable connection with a large bandwidth. I have a graphics pad for writing and external monitors for my ease of use. I use an online whiteboard (created by a tuition company for the express purpose of online tuition) so that students can see what I am writing and effectively it is like I am there in person. I use enterprise software for voice and video chat, it is much more reliable than Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am an extremely experienced tutor, despite my relatively young age. Parents like that I am reliable and offer advice with schools and subject choices. Student like me because I am relatable and friendly. Feel free to contact me to discuss my services further.
Send a message to SLakha
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Over the years, I have tutored a lot of engineers. Most have been at university, a few have been taking their foundation year and I have tutored two BTEC students. They all have one thing in common: a poor mathematical ability. A lot of students lacked basic knowledge, such as the ability to handle fractions or solve linear equations and...
"You're a really great Physics and Maths tutor - why can't you teach us in school?" - one of my first GCSE students, whom I taught with a friend also. He scored A/A* grades in his Maths and Physics GCSE, pulling up from D and U grades.
- Mr T, GCSE Maths and Physics
I was cramming for my pure maths exam at university level when I first contacted Shahid and I was working fulltime while studying. I had two weeks to learn and revise and broad range of lectures, Shahid calmly helped me to cover the main sections to prepare me for the exam within 2 weeks, where most other tutors may have turned me away. He was very good, I would not have passed without his help. I highly recommend him.
- Miss D, University Maths
An excellent tutor. Would definently recommend him. He has been tutoring me A level Physics and has the ability to summarise a whole module in one lesson and can make it very easy to understand. I am confident of achieving a top grade if i continue with him
- Mr A, A Level Physics
Shahid has been very helpful in tutoring our daughter in Physics. He is responsible, on time, and has been able to connect with our daughter in a positive way, which has helped the learning process. We have never had a problem scheduling times to meet, as he has been very flexible in coordinating appointments. I would highly recommend him.
- Mrs J, A Level Maths and Physics
"He saved me!" - Feedback from an IB Physics student, tutored for two weeks before her exam, pulling up from a 4 to a 6.
- Miss M, IB Physics
"Thank you for all your help, our daughter received her results this morning and she scored an A in Maths and a B in Physics!" - Mother of student at local college. The student started lessons with me 4 weeks before her exams. She had achieved a C in Maths and a D in Physics in her mocks. She went on read Mechanical Engineering.
- Mrs W, A Level Maths and Physics
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages