Find UK Tuition
Cello Tutor in Canterbury, Kent/ London
- BMus (Hons) First-Class
- LRSM Cello
- DBS Update Service
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- I am an enthusiastic and committed teacher. I encourage my students to become musically independent, constantly broadening their imaginations and skill base and help them develop a unique musical voice.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Cello and Classical Theory/Composition
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus (Hons) First-Class
Colourstrings Phase 1 Teacher Training Qualification
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am an experienced freelance cellist, performing regularly as a soloist, in small ensembles and orchestras. I hold the post of Cello Teacher at the Centre of Young Musicians, King Solomon Academy and Inharmony Lambeth.
- How much do you charge?
- Cello - £20 for 30 mins, £30 per hour
Classical Theory/Composition - £20 for 30 mins, £30 per hour
There may be a slight variation on price if I am required to travel to the pupils home. Travel costs would be taken into account.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home and students homes. I cover a wide area of Kent and also teach in London on a weekly basis.
- When are you available?
- I generally teach over the weekdays and evenings. Weekends are flexible and I teach throughout the school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience of teaching workshops and individual lessons with students ranging from 6 to 70 years old. I teach beginners to advanced (grade 8+).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM and Trinity examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am listed on the DBS update service and have up to date child protection training. I also have full public liability insurance.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to teach via skype and I'm always willing to answer any questions in-between lessons.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- ISM, ESTA, London Cello Society.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Sue Lowe, Matthew Sharp
Send a message to Mike Bacon
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
'Music will save the world' Pablo Casals If you’re going to make a mistake, why not make it a nice, big, fat juicy one?… Leah Coutts 'When I started learning the cello, I fell in love because it seemed like a voice - my voice' Rostropovich 'I think one of the great things about being a musician is that you never stop learning' Yo-yo Ma 'If...
Browse other tutors below: