Find UK Tuition
I offer bespoke tutoring that enhances study and essay skills
- I have a PhD, two post doctorate fellowships, and numerous publications in top journals
- I have TEFL and been a private tutor for over 10 years
- I have a DBS
- The Tutors Association
- References are available upon request
(click on the subjects to see other tutors in this area)
- Personal Message
- Exam time? Preparing for the next study session ? Call me; I provide the best methodological skills raising your level of analysis, study, exam techniques and your academic level that WILL enhance your potentialities.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English GCSE
Religious Studies GCSE/ A level
GCSE Classical Civilisation
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a PhD in Theology, Patristics and comparative Theology. I also hold two post-doctorate Fellowships; and have published articles in top journals and books in comparative Theology and Patristic Theology.
I have been a private tutor for over 10 years.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I focus mainly on GCSE English and have over ten years of tutor experience on GCSE level and A level while also having, unlike many teachers , real academic experience in giving lectures at London University to students in Comparative Theology and delivering papers at Oxford University and at many conferences in USA, Canada and in universities in UK; while also mentoring PhD students.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30/hour for GCSE and £30/ hour for A levels , not including teavelling expenses if further than 10 miles !
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in St Albans, Hertfordshire and London at the student's home
I can travel quite far to accommodate the student
- When are you available?
- I am available six days a week from Monday to Saturday , except Sundays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Key Stage 1 to A levels and give tutoring academic advice to undergraduate and post graduate levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, A level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have DBS certificate
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Tutors Association
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I worked for 10 years with a child from KS1 to A level who has now obtained a first at London University and is now doing a Masters at UCL in Classics.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am friendly and engaging teacher that believes learning should be fun as well as educational. I believe in providing a natural space for learning with a focus on encouraging inquiry and analysis.
Send a message to Nicholas Bamford
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more
Being, Christian Gnosis, and Deified Becoming in the ‘Theoretikon’ In this paper I will explore the Christian gnostic theology of the ‘Theoretikon’ within the context of an evolution of consciousness through noetic ascent (ανάβασις) and the transformation of selfhood within a deified undifferentiated ontological mystical state (θεώσις). The...
File Size: 17.95KB
Nicholas is a highly valued and respected colleague and undertakes his duties with dedication and focus, providing leadership and guidance to those he advises and additional support when needed. He offered invaluable guidance to me during my doctoral studies and I am indebted to him for the advice he provided. Nicholas is extremely popular with his students.
- Dr Jan Bamford, BA, LLM, MA, PhD, PFHEA London metropolitan Univetsity
'Nicholas Bamford was my own personal tutor as a teenager and led through the stress of GCSE exams, A levels and even assisted me free of charge during my time in university. I can personally guarantee that hiring Nicholas equals astounding results beyond any and all expectation.
- Harty Lyons - student
Testimonials are provided by the tutor and are not verified by The Tutor Pages