11+ exam Tuition in Sheffield
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Sheffield
- Tim Clark Central Sheffield, S10
Nearby Tuition Centres
Tutors travelling to Sheffield
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
Interested in online tuition for 11+ exam?Online 11+ exam Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for 11+ exam
- Personal Message
- I am a fully qualified teacher with 18 years of teaching physics with the 11 to 18 age range. I am aspirational for my students and, enjoy helping them achieve success. I have a passion for my subject which I can convey with simple explanations.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I have many years experience of teaching A-level Physics, GCSE Physics and KS3 Science. I have tutored KS3 and GCSE Maths. I have experience of high ability students and students with SEN.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc (Hons) Physics (York); PGCE (with Qualified Teacher Status) Secondary Science (11-18) Bedford; Master of Education by research (University of Cambridge).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 18 years experience of preparing students for AS and A2 Physics exams; GCSE Physics exams and GCSE Science/Additional Science (Physics units); KS3 Physics.
I have worked as a Head of Physics/Science at high-achieving secondary school near Cambridge for 13 years. (Comberton Village College). I am currently working part-time at Notre Dame school in Sheffield. I have worked as an examiner and have extensive knowledge of the requirements for the exams.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer a free 30 minute 'trial'' lesson, where we meet, discuss your needs and arrange an appropriate programme of tuition. I charge £40/hour for both face-to-face tuition and for online tuition.
- Where do you teach?
- Tuition in Sheffield takes place in the student's home, with a parent present. I cover central, south and west Sheffield areas. I am also able to tutor online, which means my students can be living anywhere in the world, which allows for a great deal of flexibility.
- When are you available?
- I am available for tuition after school and early evening. I have some daytime availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 11 to 18 years
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE Physics , IGCSE Physics, A-level Physics (AS/A), KS3 SATs, Common Entrance, GCSE Mathematics, IGCSE Mathematics.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- The student should have a computer with internet access.
I make use of an online whiteboard tool - the student simply types in the URL and logs in.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Association for Science Education
Institute of Physics
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am knowledgeable and can explain the subject simply. I like to help my students and encourage them to ask questions. I have a friendly, personable approach which relaxes the student. I aim for the student to gain confidence through increasing knowledge and understanding. I have worked as an examiner and have a good knowledge of requirements for success in the examinations.
Send a message to Tim Clark
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more