A-level Economics Tuition in Richmond (Twickenham, Teddington, Kew, Barnes, Sheen, Hampton)
Tutors in Richmond upon Thames
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Richmond upon Thames
Interested in online tuition for A-level Economics?Online A-level Economics Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Economics
- Personal Message
- Qualified and experienced teacher of business & economics
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Economics & Business.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Masters in Business administration (MBA)
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
Chartered Institute of marketing Diploma (CIM)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I'm a UK qualified experienced teacher with over 10 years experience in tutoring and teaching Advanced level Economics & Business, I have built an expertise in exam techniques. Currently a full-time teacher of both Economics & Business.
I am able to simplify complex material. I also have exam papers and marking schemes for the 3 major exam boards Edexcel, OCR and AQA. Furthermore I am an experienced sixthform tutor and I am able to advice and help with personal statements and UCAS.
I focus on exam techniques and how to understand exam questions by using relevant past papers and marking schemes. This will help the students to understand what the examiners are expecting of them at the examination. I will help with complex topics by having discussions, Q&A and case studies. My unique strength is the experience I have built over the years and this enables me to understand each student's requirements within the first meeting. I can then customise my teaching approach to suit each individual student pitching explanations at right level. As a practicing professional I am up-to-date with current changes in education in general as well as within specific exam boards.
- How much do you charge?
- £40 per hour for 1 hour lesson. Two students taking tuition together will be charged £25 per person per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually travel to the student's house and I also tutor students at my place, in a separate work studio with separate access. I cover 8 mile radius from Hounslow. Areas include Heston, Isleworth, Twickenham, Teddington, Richmond, Ealing, Kingston.
- When are you available?
- Weekday evenings after 4pm and weekends 8.30am-10pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I specialise in teaching AS & A2 Economics and Business. Age group 16 onwards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- AS & A2 Economics and Business studies.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do. As a qualified and practising teacher I have a CRB that has been carried out by my school where I am currently employed.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype and offline tutoring via email. Exam papers will be emailed and work marked with written feed back.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I completed my MBA at University of Hull and PGCE at University of Greenwich.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- The majority of my students are preparing for their AS and A2 exams. Although many of them attend high performing grammar and private schools, they need help with exam techniques to improve their grades. I have a proven track record and 95% of my students achieved A*, A or B grades. My past clients included students from Tiffin Boys, Tiffin Girls, Kingston Grammar, Esher College, Richmond Upon Thames College, Nottinghill & Ealing High School, The Harrodian School Richmond, Lady Eleanor Holles School, Hampton Boys, Latymer, Wellington College (Berkshire), St. John's School (Leatherhead), Epsom College, Winchester College, Dulwich College and Charter House.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Study regularly rather than leaving it close to exams. Read and make notes of the topics you have learnt and use a style such as linear notes or spider diagrams to help you. Of course plenty of exam paper practice!
Send a message to Veronica Pereira
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more