Online A-level Expressive Arts Tutors / A-level Expressive Arts Tuition
- Janito Central Stockport, SK6
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Expressive Arts
- Personal Message
- Hi I have been teaching for over 20 years and I have learnt that learning must be fun! To develop understanding and skills, so as to fulfil our potential is a life-long venture. I specialise in listening and discovering what works for my students.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- My online tutoring experience is tailored to each individual student. I can use Skype or Facetime.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English Language , Literature, and Drama/Theatre Studies. I also specialise in work with dyslexic students.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) in English, Philosophy and Drama ; PGCE English and Special Needs.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught in Mainstream Secondary Schools: English up to GCSE and A Level, Specialist Schools for Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, working for educational charities with Looked After children and young people in English, Drama and Social Skills.
I have also worked with Adults both TEFL and TESOL
I have worked across the curriculum with young people aged 13 to 18 at a Mental Health Unit
I have prepared Junior School Children for examinations pertaining to their high school choices i.e. both public and private.
- How much do you charge?
- My basic rate is £35 per hour. Highly specialised teaching costs £50 (+) per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- At home or at students' homes. I live in Romiley, near Marple, Stockport. I am close to Manchester and Derbyshire. Depending upon the particular piece of work I can factor my travelling into my teaching programme.
- When are you available?
- I am available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the time of writing this. My timetable changes according to my students' needs. I am flexible and will do everything possible to accommodate individuals' learning needs in a consistent manner.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have experience of teaching from age 6 years to 87 years. My work in education has predominantly been with young people aged from 10 to 18 yrs. English Language, Literature and basic literacy, along with KS2 to KS4 and A'levels have been my main teaching roles. As English Curriculum Coordinator I have been responsible for all Secondary English teaching.
I have supported English language students up to intermediate level, as well as business English.
My real area of expertise is in working with anyone with learning difficulties or dyslexia.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes: 2014
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Social Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Asoociation (SEBDA)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I always learn a great deal from the students I am privileged to work alongside. I look forward to learning with you.