A-level History Tuition in S Gloucestershire (Kingswood, Bradley Stoke, Yate)
Other areas: Bath and North East Somerset; Bristol; Cotswold; Stroud; Wiltshire; Online A-level History Tuition
Tutors in South Gloucestershire
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to South Gloucestershire
- Gary Mitchell Southbourne, BH6
- Kate McCarthy St. Mary's, BN43
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Harry de Moraville Henleaze, BS6
- Lindsay Carter Cotham, BS8
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Richard Magee Warwick, CV34
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Philippa Rumsey Ponders End, EN3
- Kenneth Gibson Cheltenham, GL50
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition River, ME1
- Bob Adey Angel, N1
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Neil Smith PhD Whitley Bay, NE26
- Phil CloudTutoring Towcester Brook, NN12
- Dr Helen Mathers Hillsborough, S6
- Liam H Winchester, SO20
- Katrina Durber Westminster, SW1P
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Ade O'Brien Shaftesbury, SW8
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Dr Abbie Davies Furzedown, SW16
- Yvonne Mason Montgomery, SY15
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Alistair Buckingham Meriden, WD25
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I put myself through drama school with tutoring and now love it as much as acting! Sharing my passion for the arts subjects and seeing my tutees results improve as a result is thoroughly fulfilling.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English and History mainly, but also History of Art, Sociology and Music. I also proofread essays/dissertations and help with essay-writing technique.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- First-Class English Literature Degree (University of York)
FdA Professional Acting (Bristol Old Vic Theatre School)
A* (98%) English A-Level
A* History A-level
A* Music A-level
A* History of Art A-level
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 200 hours private tutoring experience at Bonas Macfarlane, Holland Park and Tavistock Tutors in London. I also taught English for 6 months at the United World College of Southern Africa in Swaziland.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer the first lesson half-price, just to test the water.
£20 per hour for Keystage 3 and GCSE.
£25 for proofreading or essay technique.
£30 for A-Level.
£35 for university-level English.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Somerset. I can travel anywhere in Bristol or Bath. I live in Montpelier (BS6) and am happy for students to come to my fiancee's and my flat. I can also reach Abbots Leigh, Long Ashton, Shirehampton, Longwell Green, Keynsham, Pill, Emersons Green, Filton, Portbury and Hambrook.
- When are you available?
- I am tutoring full-time, so I'm very flexible. At the moment Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are particularly good for me.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Keystage 3.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, my CRB disclosure number is 01360806460.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have a fast broadband connection at home and a Skype account. I have never major problems with an online lesson.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Swaziland. I jumped into the deep-end and found myself teaching a class of thirty kids English! I had to learn quickly how to hold a group's attention, and saw how much of a difference engaging teaching makes in children's lives. I also attended tutoring workshops with Bonas Macfarlane and Holland Park Tutors in London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have several GCSE English students at the moment, as well as two A-Level English tutees whose essay technique I have been helping with ahead of their coursework deadline. In addition I am tutoring one young man Sociology A-Level and another beginner's Latin.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The most important thing is finding interest in a subject. Once interested you will want to discover more about that subject, whether it's the book you're studying, or the essay topic. Eventually you will start to take pride in the work you do, leading to better results and a real sense of achievement.