A-level History Tuition in S Gloucestershire (Kingswood, Bradley Stoke, Yate)
Tutors in South Gloucestershire
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to South Gloucestershire
- Liam H Winchester, SO20
- Adam Muckle Putney, SW15
- Dr Helen Mathers Hillsborough, S6
- Philippa Rumsey Ponders End, EN3
- Phil CloudTutoring Barby and Kilsby, CV23
- Lindsay Carter Cotham, BS8
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Alistair Buckingham Meriden, WD25
- Nicholas Prasad Crouch End, N8
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Bob Adey Angel, N1
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Kenneth Gibson Cheltenham, GL50
- Neil Smith PhD Whitley Bay, NE26
- Dr Abbie Davies Furzedown, SW16
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Nathan Williams Central Bristol, BS8
- Kate McCarthy Willesden Green, NW2
- Harry de Moraville Henleaze, BS6
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Katrina Durber Westminster, SW1P
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Richard Magee Warwick, CV34
- Gary Mitchell Southbourne, BH6
- Ade O'Brien Shaftesbury, SW8
- Jessica Guise Totteridge, N3
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Yvonne Mason Montgomery, SY15
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level History
- Personal Message
- I put myself through drama school with tutoring and now love it as much as acting! Sharing my passion for the arts subjects and seeing my tutees results improve as a result is thoroughly fulfilling.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English and History mainly, but also History of Art, Sociology and Music. I also proofread essays/dissertations and help with essay-writing technique.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- First-Class English Literature Degree (University of York)
FdA Professional Acting (Bristol Old Vic Theatre School)
A* (98%) English A-Level
A* History A-level
A* Music A-level
A* History of Art A-level
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 200 hours private tutoring experience at Bonas Macfarlane, Holland Park and Tavistock Tutors in London. I also taught English for 6 months at the United World College of Southern Africa in Swaziland.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer the first lesson half-price, just to test the water.
£20 per hour for Keystage 3 and GCSE.
£25 for proofreading or essay technique.
£30 for A-Level.
£35 for university-level English.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Somerset. I can travel anywhere in Bristol or Bath. I live in Montpelier (BS6) and am happy for students to come to my fiancee's and my flat. I can also reach Abbots Leigh, Long Ashton, Shirehampton, Longwell Green, Keynsham, Pill, Emersons Green, Filton, Portbury and Hambrook.
- When are you available?
- I am tutoring full-time, so I'm very flexible. At the moment Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are particularly good for me.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Keystage 3.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, my CRB disclosure number is 01360806460.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have a fast broadband connection at home and a Skype account. I have never major problems with an online lesson.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Swaziland. I jumped into the deep-end and found myself teaching a class of thirty kids English! I had to learn quickly how to hold a group's attention, and saw how much of a difference engaging teaching makes in children's lives. I also attended tutoring workshops with Bonas Macfarlane and Holland Park Tutors in London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have several GCSE English students at the moment, as well as two A-Level English tutees whose essay technique I have been helping with ahead of their coursework deadline. In addition I am tutoring one young man Sociology A-Level and another beginner's Latin.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The most important thing is finding interest in a subject. Once interested you will want to discover more about that subject, whether it's the book you're studying, or the essay topic. Eventually you will start to take pride in the work you do, leading to better results and a real sense of achievement.