A-level Human Biology Tuition in Durham, Consett, Bishop Auckland and Chester-le-Street
Tutors in County Durham
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to County Durham
- Patricia O'Sullivan Alnwick, NE65
- Lyndsay Baker Banbury, OX16
- Carrie Garbow East Saltdean, BN2
- Adrian Schmit Llantwit Major, CF61
- Nasia Plaistow, E6
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- Linda Powell West Bergholt, CO3
- LMSTS Kensington, L6
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Patricia O'Sullivan Alnwick, NE65
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Human Biology
- Personal Message
- I have recently retired from Huddersfield University as a senior lecturer in Health/Nursing. I have over 35 years experience in the Healthcare field.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I have taught post-registration nursing courses in Neuroscience, Orthopaedics and Burns/Plastic surgery. I have also taught anatomy and physiology from foundation level to masters level. I have been involved in teaching Ethics and aspects of Health and Social Care. I have also taught the methodology of research and basic study skills in relation to assignment preparation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1976 I undertook teacher training and qualified with an BEd (Hons)
1981 I qualified as a registered Nurse (RGN)
1984 I gained a BSc (Hons) studying a variety of science based subjects with the Open University
1992 I gained an MA at Leeds University in Healthcare Ethics
2002 I gained a doctorate in Education (EdD) at Huddersfield University
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have extensive experience teaching students at different academic levels
I also have experience supervising students on an individual basis
- How much do you charge?
- I can offer a reduced fee for students who wish to travel to my home.
I will offer discounts for group sessions.
I may charge a nominal fee for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I will teach at home or at a student's home as well as offering on-line tuition to support the sessions conducted.
I live in West Yorkshire and can travel from Leeds to Harrogate, Bradford and Wakefield.
- When are you available?
- I am available from 10.00 to 4.00 pm from Monday to Friday but can arrange times to suit the individual student.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from A level to Further/Higher education including Masters and PHd.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an up-to-date CBR check- June 2011
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am able to offer on-line tutoring. Students will be able to submit work to me and I can then correct and return.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently tutor 3 students. One who is studying Biology as part of a pre-registration nursing course, one who is taking a BSc in Podiatry and currently completing a module in Research Methodology and one who is undertaking a PHd in Nutritional Science.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I strongly believe that students should be offered support in a relaxed friendly environment to provide them with the confidence and enthusiasm to continue to progress within their chosen academic field. It is important that they feel unpressured and free to ask questions and understand exactly what is required of them.
Send a message to Patricia O'Sullivan
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more