A-level Maths (Further) Tuition in Dacorum (Hemel Hempstead,?Berkhamsted, Tring and Kings Langley)
Tutors in Dacorum
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Dacorum
- Gordon Robb Buckingham, MK18
- Brian D Roberts Hangleton and Knoll, BN1
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Colin Beveridge Westham, DT4
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Simon Wang Stratford, E3
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Matthew Hammond Topsham, EX2
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Dr. Wasim Akber Rayners Lane, HA2
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Joseph Roffey Chessington, KT19
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Dr Sheikh Westcotes, LE2
- Nasira Central Leeds, LS2
- Sadhiv Mahandru Kearsley, M26
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Leena Finchley Central, N3
- Lawrence Ball Muswell Hill, N10
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Peggy Chipstead, RH2
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- Adrian Beckett Plumstead, SE18
- Sarah Miller Sydenham Hill, SE19
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- Michael Steele Knebworth, SG3
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Olivia Grigg Thundersley, SS6
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Susanna Maths Tutor Clapham Junction, SW11
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- Samuel Thewlis Bridgwater, TA6
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Miss Abhi Bushey, WD19
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths (Further)
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced maths tutor, bringing exam success, increased confidence and enjoyment of the subject to all my students. Please visit my website for more information.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor maths from Year 9 (final year of KS3), through GCSE to A Level. For A Level I cover all optional modules (Statistics, Mechanics and Decision Maths) and Further Maths. I also coach for numeracy skills tests, help undergraduates/postgraduates with core maths skills and provide in-house training for businesses looking to improve the maths skills of their employees.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a First-class BA in mathematics and am currently doing postgraduate study in topics of pure mathematics. Previously, I graduated first time round with a BSc in zoology (1978), qualified as a chartered accountant (1982) and then as a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (1984). All this has given me an enormous wealth of experience of strategies for coping with and approaching and taking exams.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have tutored maths since 2009, for students of varying abilities and across a wide range of schools and exam boards. My tutoring work comes on the back of a lot of time spent lecturing and running seminars, presentations and training sessions across 30+ years of professional life. In this time I've developed ways to explain very complex calculations, ideas and concepts to clients, students and others. Such skills have proved invaluable in being able to explain mathematical ideas, often very abstract, in a clear and concise way. With my strong science and finance background I can put maths into a wide range of contexts, which helps make it more relevant.
- How much do you charge?
- My charges per one hour session are
A Level £40.00
Adult learners £40.00
Students can contact me with questions/to follow up ideas discussed in sessions. Sometimes problems don't get solved in the hour and I am happy to finish these and discuss them with the student before the next session. There is no additional charge for any of this extra time.
I travel to you and there is usually no charge for this unless you live more than 12 miles from my home in Shalstone, when I may add a small mileage charge, dependent on location. I do give discounts for group lessons and these are available on request.
- Where do you teach?
- All sessions are held at the students home. It is more relaxing for the student and saves you the cost and time of traveling to me - parents and students tell me this is much better than them having to leave home to see me. I cover Buckingham, Brackley, Bicester, Towcester, Milton Keynes and the surrounding villages.
If you contact me to enquire about tutoring can you please indicate what town/village you are in?
- When are you available?
- I tutor throughout the year (subject to my holidays, generally taken in the school holidays). I tutor each weekday and on a Saturday morning. I am always available to see students during the three Half Terms and Easter.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tutor students from Year 9 upwards. This covers the last year of KS3, GCSE, A Level and HE.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE (Foundation/Higher Tier/Additional Maths/Dual Award), iGCSE, A Level (Maths/Further Maths)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, issued April 2014. I have this renewed every two years, following the guidelines issued for school teaching staff.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am an Associate Member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, a body which supports, promotes and enhances mathematical knowledge and culture. I am also a member of the Mathematical Association which supports mathematics in education, and of The Tutors' Association which is a new body established to promote best practice in the tutoring industry.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The chances are you are looking for a maths tutor because you just don’t feel confident with maths. Don’t confuse lack of confidence with lack of ability. In my experience, low confidence just masks ability so, with the right approach, it can be easier than you think to bring your marks up and generally make maths much more enjoyable. I would be pleased to help with this.
Send a message to Gordon Robb
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more