A-level Maths (Further) Tuition in Dacorum (Hemel Hempstead,?Berkhamsted, Tring and Kings Langley)
Tutors in Dacorum
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Dacorum
- Gordon Robb Buckingham, MK18
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- Samuel Thewlis Bridgwater, TA6
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Simon Wang Stratford, E3
- Sadhiv Mahandru Kearsley, M26
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Sarah Miller Sydenham Hill, SE19
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Lawrence Ball Muswell Hill, N10
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Miss Abhi Bushey, WD19
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Dr Sheikh Westcotes, LE2
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- Dr. Wasim Akber Rayners Lane, HA2
- Colin Beveridge Westham, DT4
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Brian D Roberts Hangleton and Knoll, BN1
- Joseph Roffey Chessington, KT19
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
- Leena Finchley Central, N3
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Nasira Central Leeds, LS2
- Michael Steele Knebworth, SG3
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Matthew Hammond Topsham, EX2
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Olivia Grigg Thundersley, SS6
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Adrian Beckett Plumstead, SE18
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths (Further)
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced maths tutor, bringing exam success, increased confidence and enjoyment of the subject to all my students. Please visit my website for more information.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor maths from Year 9 (final year of KS3), through GCSE to A Level. For A Level I cover all optional modules (Statistics, Mechanics and Decision Maths) and Further Maths. I also coach for numeracy skills tests, help undergraduates/postgraduates with core maths skills and provide in-house training for businesses looking to improve the maths skills of their employees.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a First-class BA in mathematics and am currently doing postgraduate study in topics of pure mathematics. Previously, I graduated first time round with a BSc in zoology (1978), qualified as a chartered accountant (1982) and then as a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (1984). All this has given me an enormous wealth of experience of strategies for coping with and approaching and taking exams.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have tutored maths since 2009, for students of varying abilities and across a wide range of schools and exam boards. My tutoring work comes on the back of a lot of time spent lecturing and running seminars, presentations and training sessions across 30+ years of professional life. In this time I've developed ways to explain very complex calculations, ideas and concepts to clients, students and others. Such skills have proved invaluable in being able to explain mathematical ideas, often very abstract, in a clear and concise way. With my strong science and finance background I can put maths into a wide range of contexts, which helps make it more relevant.
- How much do you charge?
- My charges per one hour session are
A Level £40.00
Adult learners £40.00
Students can contact me with questions/to follow up ideas discussed in sessions. Sometimes problems don't get solved in the hour and I am happy to finish these and discuss them with the student before the next session. There is no additional charge for any of this extra time.
I travel to you and there is usually no charge for this unless you live more than 12 miles from my home in Shalstone, when I may add a small mileage charge, dependent on location. I do give discounts for group lessons and these are available on request.
- Where do you teach?
- All sessions are held at the students home. It is more relaxing for the student and saves you the cost and time of traveling to me - parents and students tell me this is much better than them having to leave home to see me. I cover Buckingham, Brackley, Bicester, Towcester, Milton Keynes and the surrounding villages.
If you contact me to enquire about tutoring can you please indicate what town/village you are in?
- When are you available?
- I tutor throughout the year (subject to my holidays, generally taken in the school holidays). I tutor each weekday and on a Saturday morning. I am always available to see students during the three Half Terms and Easter.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tutor students from Year 9 upwards. This covers the last year of KS3, GCSE, A Level and HE.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE (Foundation/Higher Tier/Additional Maths/Dual Award), iGCSE, A Level (Maths/Further Maths)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, issued April 2014. I have this renewed every two years, following the guidelines issued for school teaching staff.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am an Associate Member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, a body which supports, promotes and enhances mathematical knowledge and culture. I am also a member of the Mathematical Association which supports mathematics in education, and of The Tutors' Association which is a new body established to promote best practice in the tutoring industry.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The chances are you are looking for a maths tutor because you just don’t feel confident with maths. Don’t confuse lack of confidence with lack of ability. In my experience, low confidence just masks ability so, with the right approach, it can be easier than you think to bring your marks up and generally make maths much more enjoyable. I would be pleased to help with this.
Send a message to Gordon Robb
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more