A-level Maths Tuition in Sheffield
Tutors in Sheffield
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Dr Sada Joshi Orpington, BR6
- Sunder Annamraju Lovelace, KT11
- Pete Salt Kensal Green, NW10
- Zahra Naushad Regent's Park, NW1
- Leena West Finchley, N3
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Rich Strange Dulwich Village, SE22
- Duncan Morrell Nidd Valley, HG3
- Angus Maudslay Ashford, TN25
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- MohanGrewal Ettingshall, WV4
- Dr Arjun Malhotra Upper Norwood, SE19
- Joseph Roffey Chessington, KT19
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- Lou Lowton Dorridge and Hockley, B93
- Philip Singleton Cobham and Downside, KT11
- Dr C Maselkowski Hanneys, OX12
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Paul Dudko Eton, SL4
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Colin Beveridge Westham, DT4
- Adam Kazmi Hampstead, NW3
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Andrew Gibson Sherwood, NG3
- Pempi Wycherley Wetherby, LS22
- David Wells Cricklewood, NW2
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Michael M. West Twickenham, TW2
- Tonya Central Hereford, HR1
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- Dr Alan Gray Sighthill, EH11
- Mark H Tenbury, SY8
- Sathi Heston, TW4
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- Lawrence Ball Muswell Hill, N10
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Sanam Arora Harrow on the Hill, HA1
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Paul McGrath Surbiton, KT6
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Ria Shah Stanmore, HA7
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
- Matthew Hammond Topsham, EX2
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- Fletcher Southcourt, HP21
- Michael Steele Knebworth, SG3
- Dr Sheikh Westcotes, LE2
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Sadhiv Mahandru Kearsley, M26
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Amir Hussain Bermondsey, SE1
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Dr Freeman Central Edinburgh, EH7
- Dr. Wasim Akber Harrow on the Hill, HA1
- Lena Panayi Gospel Oak, NW3
- Olivia Grigg Thundersley, SS6
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- Mr Vikram Gants Hill, IG5
- Adrian Beckett Muswell Hill, N10
- Kamal Northwick Park, HA9
- Ms. Saeed Cranbrook, IG2
- Louisa Gray Isleworth, TW7
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Ben Hanson Elland, HX5
- Dr Chris M. Holloway, N7
- Dr Martine Hooper Farnborough, GU14
- Mr Dhir MathsTeacher Hayes, UB4
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- J Pearson Northfield, W7
- Mary Fox Epsom, KT18
- Dr Zac Southfields, SW18
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Dr. Clare Turner Fallowfield, M16
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- Laurence Collin Angel, N1
- Francis Norman Burrator, PL7
- Stefan Gugura Ipswich, IP4
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Sarah Miller Sydenham Hill, SE19
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Daryl Rugless Knightsbridge, SW1X
- J Kelly Turnham Green, W4
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
- Geethani Warley, RM14
- Mr Rugless Beckenham, BR2
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- Peter Swain Central Bournemouth, BH2
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths
- Personal Message
- Lingua Genesis Ltd
You can learn a language with the help of a tutor who will simplify the whole process of language learning in working with you and encourage you to learn by means of adopting varied approaches - regardless of your age.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Welcome to Lingua Genesis Ltd.
I am an easy-going and versatile 32-year old teacher of modern foreign languages and a self-taught linguist in a handful of others who runs a languages and translations company. I teach German, Spanish, English (as a Foreign Language and part of a literacy programme to help with dyslexia), French and Italian, for a rate of between just £15 and £20 per hour, dependan on the subject and distance travelled. There are reductions for lesson bookings of 90 minutes and longer. My team is also able to offer opportunities for you to learn Japanese and Greek and also provide a translation service in over 20 world languages. We are committed to the teaching of our specialist subjects, which include several languages at all levels (with ample experience) and also mathematics to A-level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold nine GCSEs (grades A* - B) in German, Spanish, geography, maths, physics, chemistry, biology, English language and English literature. I have four A-levels in German (A), Spanish (A), maths (C) and general studies (C). I gained a 2:1 Joint Honours Degree in German and Spanish from the University of Leicester in 2004. This featured a distinction for spoken German and Spanish. Thereafter, in 2005, I achieved a pass, with distinction, in my Post-Compulsory Education and Training Degree from the University of Huddersfield. I completed an intense introduction into neuro-linguistic programming, i.e. how to effectively and positively influence the learning attitudes of language learners, with Dr. Paul Peace, in January 2008.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am highly experienced in delivering extremely effective tuition, using a mix of traditional and highly innovative modern foreign language tuition strategies to primary school aged children, pupils in secondary education, A-level students, adult learners, married / unmarried couples, immediate families, senior citizens and junior / senior business employees.
I started out as a student tutor as early as 1999, helping GCSE students of German and Spanish to prepare for their GCSE examinations. I have also taught German in the following businesses, e.g. LNS Turbo, Noveon, Kill Germ, Telstar and SIG Trading, and delivered Spanish tuition to employees of the 02 mobile telephone company in Leeds. I have also tutored to employees of the wine company, J. García Carrion, which is housed in Prospect House, also in Leeds. Furthermore, I have tutored English as a Foreign Language to a freelance journalist and a former communications adviser in the health sector, in addition to a senior HR director of Coca Cola Enterprises, based in Wakefield. I have taught, since 2005, in further education, working under Protocol Professional at the Park Lane College in Leeds (2005-06), teaching GCSE pupils and AS-level students in German. In June 2009, I undertook supply work in Spanish for three weeks at Tapton School near Sheffield, prior to delivering at the University of Leeds two short courses: September 2009 - December 2009 and January 2010 - March 2010. From the autumn of 2009 until the summer of 2010, I taught beginners level Spanish at Hillsborough College, Sheffield, and continued to teach there until June 2011. Otherwise, I teach small groups or immediate families, which has proven to be a very rewarding experience.
As far as my tuition in mathematics, which I studied at A-level (1998 - 2000), is concerned, I recently taught a 16-year old boy over a 8 - 10 week period in preparation for an examination resit at his secondary school (he passed the foundation tier with a grade C) and have also tutored to a 16-year old girl, who took the modular GCSE exam and whose confidence and understanding of the individual course units improved tremendously over the 2009 - 2010 academic year. From February until June 2010, I taught GCSE maths to a 16-year old son of a friend of mine who lives in the village of Dodworth and he achieved an 'A*' grade at higher tier. I have also tutored to a lady from Dodworth who was studying GCSE maths at Northern College. She felt as though she was being required to do too much work, which was not being checked regularly by the teacher, and felt under pressure as a result of the teaching pace being adopted to ensure that the syllabus is completed and was being thoroughly revised before the arrival of the summer.
- How much do you charge?
- I currently charge a middle-of-the-road rate of between £15 and £20 per hour per session, depending on distance and level of learning, although this rate is proportionally reduced as the length of session and the number of people in that session increase. The fee which is quoted covers stationary, materials, teaching, travel time, petrol expenses, online support for sending additional learning resources, long-term and free-of-charge independent learning resources, accommodation of rearrangements, and accountancy logs, etc.
- Where do you teach?
- It is nearly always the case that I teach at the client's home, although I have been more than willing to teach individuals in the local library and / or other quiet public places, in Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Wakefield, Leeds, Huddersfield.
- When are you available?
- I am currently reasonably flexible, particularly during morning hours. However, do feel free to enquire in any case and I will do my utmost to satisfy your availability. It will help if, in your initial enquiry, you could least the days and times when you would like to receive the tuition.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught and will teach to primary school children, GCSE pupils, A-level students, adult learners, full families, senior citizens and any business employees / employers. I also offer opportunities for youngsters and grown-ups to attend children's clubs and adult classes respectively, however, groups are never overcrowded, as this gives everyone as much opportunity as possible to participate in and feel welcome, as part of a full class. To date, I have taught individuals between 3 and 93 years of age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I am able to prepare learners for SATs, GCSEs, A Levels and degree exams. I am deeply familiar with the AQA, Edexcel and OCR examination awarding bodies.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I reserve clients the right to view a valid CRB check and on occasions request that another be issued at any appropriate time in the future, as and when it is needed. The most recent CRB issue was initiated in July 2011.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have taught modern foreign languages online, using both MSN Messenger and Skype. Many people believe that face-to-face lessons guarantee the greatest amount of success, but I am inclined to think differently. Arrangements to meet in person first of all are discussed in advance and may take place at any time during the day, on the condition that a time slot is available and mutually convenient for both parties.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the National Union of Teachers (NUT).
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a teacher at the University of Huddersfield in 2005 and now undertake independent research into facilitated means of language acquisition, whilst also carrying out work as a self-employed teacher on a full-time basis.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have many students on a weekly basis and am very proud of each of their achievements. They are currently aged between 7 and 93 years of age, are unique for their differences, and each one of them is highly enthusiastic and responds well to my commitment to their learning, both face-to-face and outside the learning environment. For me, it has been a case of reading my students and trying to understand how they process the language.
My oldest learner on roll, Kath, started in April 2010 and is so enthusiastic about Spanish. She is doing tremendously well, learning alongside her next-door neighbour on a weekly basis. She is the oldest starter of a language with Lingua Genesis Ltd to date, commencing study at the age of 91 years and 5 months.
My youngest pupil is seven years of age and lives in East Ardsley in Wakefield. She is learning Spanish at Wakefield Girls Junior School, but also for one hour per week at home. Her school teacher is evidently a passionate and enthusiastic tutor whose zest for languages has rubbed off on so many of the children. This little girl has already mastered the Spanish rules of pronunciation, is able to read the written language as fluently as she can English, and revises what she learns between one session and the next.
Since September 2009, I have taken on a total of fourteen new adult learners, including two native speakers of Polish, each of whom used to attend an adult class at two mainstream colleges, but who found that the teachers in both cases were two keen to teach sequenced topics, without giving the learners ample opportunities to speak and develop their oral proficiency. Moreover, there was no regular marking of work and no chance for revision of vocabulary and phrases, mainly due to the fact that the external verification process was pushing for the syllabus to be completed by a set deadline.
I also teach Spanish to a 38-year old gentleman who lives in Sheffield. He is an avid fan of languages and is enrolled on a course with the Open University. He is clearly dedicated to achieving his goal to receiving a university degree and is a pleasure to teach, always ready to ask me questions relating to the ultra-advanced grammatical features of Spanish and why the language makes use of particular highly complex structures to convey particular expressions.
Another learner of Spanish is an 85-year old lady and her 54-year old daughter, both of whom started to learn the language in the autumn of 2007. Both of them are very keen and have developed a high level of understanding, confidence and proficiency.
One of my learners of German is a 13-year old boy who had to catch up with his fellow pupils after changing forms at school. He was very reserved at the outset, although showed during the very first lesson that he was able to absorb and recall a great deal of vocabulary relating to particular topics. A keen speaker, as opposed to a listener, he has now gained in confidence and continues to receive praise from me, not least because of his imitation of my pronunciation and intonation - two key factors which aid personal linguistic development.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Never be put off from learning a language, or even believing that you have the ability to master one, just because you might have lost faith as a result of previous bad experiences. Lingua Genesis Ltd can model its set of approaches to make learning effective and get you up to standard quickly where oral linguistic proficiency is concerned. Enjoy your learning, study independently for at least 15 minutes per day, or as often as possible, and expose yourself to as many methods and resources as possible. Variety is the spice of life and the key to success where language learning is concerned. You need not look any further than the videos I have released on YouTube. Why not visit my channel 'tartansoxdundas'!
Send a message to Lingua Genesis Ltd
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more