A-level Maths Tuition in S Oxfordshire (including Didcot, Henley-on-Thames and Thame)
Tutors travelling to South Oxfordshire
Interested in online tuition for A-level Maths?Online A-level Maths Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths
- Personal Message
- My name is Richard Riddell and I live in Dorchester-on-Thames and following a career in teaching of over forty years. I have been a highly successful private tutor for almost fifteen years and a published author for twenty years.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Maths, English (Language and Literature), Sciences, French, German, History, Art History. I also teach revision and exam strategies and techniques.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Undergraduate studies in French, English and Philosophy; Art Education; BA(Hons), History of Art; Postgraduate Diploma in Art Gallery and Museum Studies; MA(RCA) History of Design; MLitt (Oxon), Modern History; DPhil (Oxon), History of Art and Architecture; Return to Teaching, Primary/Secondary Mathematics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over a teaching career spanning six decades I have taught successively in Junior, Secondary, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Adult Education, in this country, in Europe and the United States. In a separate French-speaking career in financial accounting before returning to education I have been an auditor – with lots of Maths, mostly Statistics – working at UNESCO, Paris and the Commonwealth Secretariat in London.
- How much do you charge?
- For early Key Stages up to GCSE £30 and for A Levels and above £40 per hour. These may be negotiable, depending on circumstances. I do not charge extra for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in Dorchester-on-Thames, have a car and can travel to students' homes up to a radius of about seven miles. Alternatively, if conditions are not conducive to learning I can provide a quiet, suitable ambience at my own home.
- When are you available?
- I am available for tutoring mainly in the evenings, soon after schools finish, and there also are some daytime slots.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Upwards of 7 years, most age groups and levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Key Stages upwards of 7 years, 11+, 13+/Common Entrance, GCSE, Oxbridge, AS and A level, some undergraduate courses, Mature Students, Adult Learners.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Universities of: Wales, Durham (with Quentin Bell), London (Courtauld Institute, with Sir Anthony Blunt), Manchester, Royal College of Art/V&A (with Sir Christopher Frayling and Sir Roy Strong), Oxford (Wolfson College, with Sir Howard Colvin), Oxford Brookes.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently, most of my students are studying for GCSE Maths, English and French, AS and A level Maths and Physics. I am also teaching vulnerable and PRU students across a wide range of subjects.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- With students who have asked for help and who are keen to learn my patience is infinite – my motto is 'as long as it takes'. My teaching comprises access to learning, and not events but processes that lead to understanding. My aim is always to enable students to access as much as they can, to think for themselves and to enable them to make the most of theiir abilities. Often, it is a matter of confidence. I can, of course, give no guarantees about grades – responsiblity for these lies entirely with the students – but will do everything possible to ensure that students are as well prepared and equipped as possible to do their best .
Send a message to Dr Richard Riddell
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more