A-level Maths Tuition in S Oxfordshire (including Didcot, Henley-on-Thames and Thame)
Tutors travelling to South Oxfordshire
- Dr Sheikh Westcotes, LE2
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Sunder Annamraju Lovelace, KT11
- J Pearson Northfield, W7
- Dr. Wasim Akber Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- Mark H Tenbury, SY8
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- Joseph Roffey Chessington, KT19
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Dr Freeman Central Edinburgh, EH7
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Philip Singleton Cobham and Downside, KT11
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- Ria Shah Stanmore, HA7
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Sanam Arora Harrow on the Hill, HA1
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Fletcher Southcourt, HP21
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Mr Dhir MathsTeacher Hayes, UB4
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- Amir Hussain Bermondsey, SE1
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Lou Lowton Dorridge and Hockley, B93
- Rich Strange Dulwich Village, SE22
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Sadhiv Mahandru Kearsley, M26
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- Pete Salt Kensal Green, NW10
- Louisa Gray Isleworth, TW7
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Michael Steele Knebworth, SG3
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Lena Panayi Gospel Oak, NW3
- Daryl Rugless Knightsbridge, SW1X
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Peter Swain Central Bournemouth, BH2
- Abdur-Rahman Chachia Balham, SW17
- Mr Rugless Beckenham, BR2
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Andrew Gibson Sherwood, NG3
- Mary Fox Epsom, KT18
- Dr Alan Gray Sighthill, EH11
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Duncan Morrell Nidd Valley, HG3
- Olivia Grigg Thundersley, SS6
- Dr C Maselkowski Hanneys, OX12
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Angus Maudslay Ashford, TN25
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Paul McGrath Surbiton, KT6
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
- Lawrence Ball Muswell Hill, N10
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Dr Sada Joshi Orpington, BR6
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Dr Zac Southfields, SW18
- Nasira Central Leeds, LS2
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- Michael M. West Twickenham, TW2
- Stefan Gugura Ipswich, IP4
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Matthew Hammond Topsham, EX2
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Mr Vikram Gants Hill, IG5
- Adam Kazmi Hampstead, NW3
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- David Wells Cricklewood, NW2
- Geethani Warley, RM14
- Dr Chris M. Holloway, N7
- Paul Dudko Eton, SL4
- Kamal Northwick Park, HA9
- Sathi Heston, TW4
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- Colin Beveridge Westham, DT4
- Adrian Beckett Plumstead, SE18
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Ms. Saeed Cranbrook, IG2
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Francis Norman Burrator, PL7
- Dr. Clare Turner Chorlton, M16
- Sarah Miller Sydenham Hill, SE19
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Leena West Finchley, N3
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Laurence Collin Angel, N1
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- MohanGrewal Ettingshall, WV4
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Samuel Thewlis Bridgwater, TA6
- Zahra Naushad Regent's Park, NW1
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths
- Personal Message
- Based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, with a Doctorate in Physics from Oxford University, I offer excellent exam preparation in physics and mathematics for Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Physics and Mathematics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1980 - 1984:
Magdalen College Oxford - D. Phil in Physics.
1977 - 1980:
Magdalen College Oxford (College Scholar) - MA (Hons) in Physics.
CRB Enhanced Disclosure.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have considerable experience of individual teaching. I have provided personal tuition at Common Entrance, GCSE, AS, A level and IB in physics and mathematics, to students of a wide range of abilities. Comments from satisfied students testify to my ability to make clear those subject areas which they find most difficult.
I have taught physics and mathematics at all levels in Reading University Physics Department. This was a nationally recognized Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Physics, the only such centre in the UK and one of only a handful of Physics Departments to achieve a perfect score in the most recent Quality Assurance Agency assessment of national teaching standards in universities.
In recognition of my teaching ability I was presented with an award for 'Outstanding contributions to Teaching & Learning' in the University.
I was involved in establishing a pioneering pre-sessional course in our department, designed for A-level students who had not achieved the necessary grades in physics and mathematics for university entrance, to enable them to progress to our degree courses in physics. I taught on this course for over fifteen years, tutoring a wide range of students, some of whom continued on our degree courses to achieve first class honours.
I taught first year courses in 'Mathematics for Scientists', introducing students to key mathematical ideas such as differential and integral calculus.
At a more advanced level, I taught specialized courses for second, third and fourth year undergraduate students, and for graduate students at MSc and PhD level.
My research interests are in optical physics and laser physics, particularly the interaction of ultra-high energy, ultra-short laser pulses with matter. A list of my publications and international conference presentations is available on request. I helped to design, build, test and maintain the Reading University Ultrafast Laser Laboratory.
- How much do you charge?
- The first session of 45 minutes is free. After that my fees are:
50 pounds for a 1 hour individual tutorial.
35 pounds per student for a 1 hour tutorial with two students.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
- When are you available?
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday any time during school term, including evenings until 8pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance. Ages 12 - 18
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced CRB Certificate
Send a message to Dr S V O'Leary
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more