A-level Maths Tuition in S Oxfordshire (including Didcot, Henley-on-Thames and Thame)
Tutors travelling to South Oxfordshire
- Dr Sheikh Westcotes, LE2
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Philip Singleton Cobham and Downside, KT11
- Joseph Roffey Chessington, KT19
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Amir Hussain Bermondsey, SE1
- Sarah Miller Sydenham Hill, SE19
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- Pete Salt Kensal Green, NW10
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Geethani Cherry Hinton, CB1
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- MohanGrewal Ettingshall, WV4
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Brian D Roberts Hangleton and Knoll, BN1
- Daryl Rugless Knightsbridge, SW1X
- Lena Panayi Gospel Oak, NW3
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Simon Wang Stratford, E3
- Dr. Wasim Akber Rayners Lane, HA2
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Samuel Thewlis Bridgwater, TA6
- Adam Kazmi Hampstead, NW3
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Mary Fox Epsom, KT18
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- Lou Lowton Dorridge and Hockley, B93
- Dr Freeman Central Edinburgh, EH7
- Rich Strange Dulwich Village, SE22
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Dr Zac Southfields, SW18
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- Miss Abhi Bushey, WD19
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Sathi Heston, TW4
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Kamal Northwick Park, HA9
- Fletcher Southcourt, HP21
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Michael Steele Knebworth, SG3
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- Mark H Tenbury, SY8
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- Paul Dudko Eton, SL4
- Dr Chris M. Holloway, N7
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Mrs N Fleet Purley, CR8
- Abdur-Rahman Chachia Balham, SW17
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Leena Finchley Central, N3
- Sadhiv Mahandru Kearsley, M26
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Sunder Annamraju Lovelace, KT11
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Francis Norman Burrator, PL7
- Sanam Arora Harrow on the Hill, HA1
- Mr Vikram Gants Hill, IG5
- Lawrence Ball Muswell Hill, N10
- George Bowman Brampton and Walton, S40
- Laurence Collin Angel, N1
- Peter Swain Central Bournemouth, BH2
- Ria Shah Stanmore, HA7
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- Ben Hanson Halifax, HX5
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- Naz Sekerkiran Rottingdean, BN2
- Mr Dhir MathsTeacher Hayes, UB4
- Nasira Central Leeds, LS2
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
- Colin Beveridge Westham, DT4
- Michael Mulligan West Twickenham, TW2
- Mr Rugless Beckenham, BR2
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- David Wells Cricklewood, NW2
- Adrian Beckett Plumstead, SE18
- Louisa Gray Isleworth, TW7
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Matthew Hammond Topsham, EX2
- Stefan Gugura Ipswich, IP4
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
- J Pearson Northfield, W7
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Paul McGrath Surbiton, KT6
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Dr C Maselkowski Hanneys, OX12
- Olivia Grigg Thundersley, SS6
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Zahra Naushad Regent's Park, NW1
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- Ms. Saeed Cranbrook, IG2
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Dr Alan Gray Sighthill, EH11
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths
- Personal Message
- Based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, with a Doctorate in Physics from Oxford University, I offer excellent exam preparation in physics and mathematics for Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Physics and Mathematics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1980 - 1984:
Magdalen College Oxford - D. Phil in Physics.
1977 - 1980:
Magdalen College Oxford (College Scholar) - MA (Hons) in Physics.
CRB Enhanced Disclosure.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have considerable experience of individual teaching. I have provided personal tuition at Common Entrance, GCSE, AS, A level and IB in physics and mathematics, to students of a wide range of abilities. Comments from satisfied students testify to my ability to make clear those subject areas which they find most difficult.
I have taught physics and mathematics at all levels in Reading University Physics Department. This was a nationally recognized Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Physics, the only such centre in the UK and one of only a handful of Physics Departments to achieve a perfect score in the most recent Quality Assurance Agency assessment of national teaching standards in universities.
In recognition of my teaching ability I was presented with an award for 'Outstanding contributions to Teaching & Learning' in the University.
I was involved in establishing a pioneering pre-sessional course in our department, designed for A-level students who had not achieved the necessary grades in physics and mathematics for university entrance, to enable them to progress to our degree courses in physics. I taught on this course for over fifteen years, tutoring a wide range of students, some of whom continued on our degree courses to achieve first class honours.
I taught first year courses in 'Mathematics for Scientists', introducing students to key mathematical ideas such as differential and integral calculus.
At a more advanced level, I taught specialized courses for second, third and fourth year undergraduate students, and for graduate students at MSc and PhD level.
My research interests are in optical physics and laser physics, particularly the interaction of ultra-high energy, ultra-short laser pulses with matter. A list of my publications and international conference presentations is available on request. I helped to design, build, test and maintain the Reading University Ultrafast Laser Laboratory.
- How much do you charge?
- The first session of 45 minutes is free. After that my fees are:
50 pounds for a 1 hour individual tutorial.
35 pounds per student for a 1 hour tutorial with two students.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
- When are you available?
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday any time during school term, including evenings until 8pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance. Ages 12 - 18
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced CRB Certificate
Send a message to Dr S V O'Leary
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more