A-level Maths Tuition in S Oxfordshire (including Didcot, Henley-on-Thames and Thame)
Tutors travelling to South Oxfordshire
- Doug Thames Ditton, KT7
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Tim the Tutor East Grinstead, RH19
- Leena West Finchley, N3
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Kamal Northwick Park, HA9
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- Dr Chris M. Holloway, N7
- Dr Alex Roberts West Hampstead, NW6
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- Dr Sada Joshi Orpington, BR6
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Matthew Hammond Topsham, EX2
- Sadhiv Mahandru Kearsley, M26
- Pete Salt Kensal Green, NW10
- Geethani Warley, RM14
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Peter Nicholson Holmfirth, HD9
- Angus Maudslay Ashford, TN25
- Sarah Miller Sydenham Hill, SE19
- Ria Shah Stanmore, HA7
- Janet Eifridt Redhill, RH1
- Martin Richards South Wimbledon, SW19
- Nadia Younas Ealing Broadway, W13
- Duncan Morrell Nidd Valley, HG3
- Dr Freeman Central Edinburgh, EH7
- Lawrence Ball Muswell Hill, N10
- Ben Hanson Elland, HX5
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Olivia Grigg Thundersley, SS6
- Dr Parikh Carfax, OX1
- Adam Kazmi Hampstead, NW3
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- Dr Alan Gray Sighthill, EH11
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- David Wells Cricklewood, NW2
- J Pearson Northfield, W7
- Haran Harrow on the Hill, HA2
- Louisa Gray Isleworth, TW7
- Paul Dudko Eton, SL4
- Thomas Yarrow Tulse Hill, SE24
- MohanGrewal Ettingshall, WV4
- Dr Martine Hooper Foxhills, KT16
- Andrew Gibson Sherwood, NG3
- J.Virdee Ruislip Manor, HA4
- Mark H Tenbury, SY8
- Arzoo Cowley, OX4
- Colin Beveridge Westham, DT4
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- Peter Swain Central Bournemouth, BH2
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Paul Bains Brunel, UB10
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Adrian Beckett Muswell Hill, N10
- MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition Central Birmingham, B6
- Aly Knightsbridge, SW7
- Dr. Wasim Akber Harrow on the Hill, HA1
- Lou Lowton Dorridge and Hockley, B93
- Pempi Wycherley Wetherby, LS22
- Sanam Arora Harrow on the Hill, HA1
- Dr James Lambert Bayswater, W2
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- Mr Vikram Gants Hill, IG5
- Tonya Central Hereford, HR1
- Fletcher Southcourt, HP21
- Mr Dhir MathsTeacher Hayes, UB4
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Michael Steele Knebworth, SG3
- Lena Panayi Gospel Oak, NW3
- Mr Rugless Beckenham, BR2
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Mary Fox Epsom, KT18
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- Laurence Collin Angel, N1
- Joseph Roffey Chessington, KT19
- Rhea Ranjan Clerkenwell, WC1
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Sunder Annamraju Lovelace, KT11
- Lingua Genesis Ltd Central Sheffield, S11
- Dr. Clare Turner Fallowfield, M16
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- Daryl Rugless Knightsbridge, SW1X
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Zahra Naushad Regent's Park, NW1
- Amir Hussain Bermondsey, SE1
- Jeel Shah Wembley Central, HA0
- Francis Norman Burrator, PL7
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- Dr Sheikh Westcotes, LE2
- Sue Lin Vazeille Wembley Park, HA9
- P Walker Bassett, SO15
- Deep Lidder Notting Hill, W8
- Ms. Saeed Cranbrook, IG2
- Stathis Stefanidis, Director Turnham Green, W4
- J Kelly Turnham Green, W4
- Dr John Hudson Radlett, WD7
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Sathi Heston, TW4
- Dr Gansham Halai Thames Ditton, KT7
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- Paul McGrath Surbiton, KT6
- Philip Singleton Cobham and Downside, KT11
- Saheed Busari Deptford, SE8
- Dr Zac Southfields, SW18
- Stefan Gugura Ipswich, IP4
- Dr C Maselkowski Hanneys, OX12
- Michael M. West Twickenham, TW2
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Rich Strange Dulwich Village, SE22
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for A-level Maths
- Personal Message
- Based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, with a Doctorate in Physics from Oxford University, I offer excellent exam preparation in physics and mathematics for Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Physics and Mathematics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1980 - 1984:
Magdalen College Oxford - D. Phil in Physics.
1977 - 1980:
Magdalen College Oxford (College Scholar) - MA (Hons) in Physics.
CRB Enhanced Disclosure.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have considerable experience of individual teaching. I have provided personal tuition at Common Entrance, GCSE, AS, A level and IB in physics and mathematics, to students of a wide range of abilities. Comments from satisfied students testify to my ability to make clear those subject areas which they find most difficult.
I have taught physics and mathematics at all levels in Reading University Physics Department. This was a nationally recognized Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Physics, the only such centre in the UK and one of only a handful of Physics Departments to achieve a perfect score in the most recent Quality Assurance Agency assessment of national teaching standards in universities.
In recognition of my teaching ability I was presented with an award for 'Outstanding contributions to Teaching & Learning' in the University.
I was involved in establishing a pioneering pre-sessional course in our department, designed for A-level students who had not achieved the necessary grades in physics and mathematics for university entrance, to enable them to progress to our degree courses in physics. I taught on this course for over fifteen years, tutoring a wide range of students, some of whom continued on our degree courses to achieve first class honours.
I taught first year courses in 'Mathematics for Scientists', introducing students to key mathematical ideas such as differential and integral calculus.
At a more advanced level, I taught specialized courses for second, third and fourth year undergraduate students, and for graduate students at MSc and PhD level.
My research interests are in optical physics and laser physics, particularly the interaction of ultra-high energy, ultra-short laser pulses with matter. A list of my publications and international conference presentations is available on request. I helped to design, build, test and maintain the Reading University Ultrafast Laser Laboratory.
- How much do you charge?
- The first session of 45 minutes is free. After that my fees are:
50 pounds for a 1 hour individual tutorial.
35 pounds per student for a 1 hour tutorial with two students.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
- When are you available?
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday any time during school term, including evenings until 8pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance. Ages 12 - 18
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Common Entrance, GCSE, A Level, IB & Oxbridge Entrance
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Enhanced CRB Certificate
Send a message to Dr S V O'Leary
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more