Online Banjo Teachers / Banjo Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Banjo
- Personal Message
- I teach all ages and all levels of ability are welcome - from complete beginners through to diploma level. Learn solely for pleasure, playing music you enjoy or find new challenges by working through the grades.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype or Facetime for lessons, at prebooked times.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all styles of Guitar, Banjo and Mandolin; as well as music theory, ensemble tuition and performance workshops.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Music from the Birmingham Conservatoire, 30 years playing and 20 years teaching experience,
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have 20 years teaching experience, across all ages from 7 to 70+; and 30 years of playing and performance experience. I enjoy running student ensembles, including Gr8 Guitars for Classical Guitarists of Grade 8+ ability, Friendly Folk (relaxed folk sessions for the Plucking Terrified) and Midlands Fretted Orchestra; as well as holding regular student concerts and performance/confidence workshops.
- How much do you charge?
- 2015/16 rates are £28 per hour; my fees reflect my qualifications and many years experience.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from home in Stourbridge, West Midlands. I'm based within easy travelling distance of Sandwell, Kidderminster, Halesowen, Cradley Heath, Quinton, Bearwood, Hagley or Bromsgrove , but students have been willing to travel quite a distance to have lessons! including from Birmingham, Malvern, Wolverhampton, Nottingham, Stoke, Stafford, Worcester ,Telford, South Staffordshire and Wyre Forest.
- When are you available?
- Tuition spaces are available on Monday and Tuesday evenings and Friday daytime.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Absolutely all ages (from 7-70+!) and all levels of ability are welcome, from complete novices right through to diploma level students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Students are welcome to work towards grades offered by any of the exam boards. (ABRSM, VCM, Trinity, Rockschool etc)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I'm a full member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- With Craig Ogden and Mark Ashford, at Birmingham Conservatoire.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I've helped a number of students to successfully apply to Music Courses at Conservatoire/University; many of my students are adults, both beginners and improvers; I also have many years experience in teaching children and young people having been a peripatetic teacher for Birmingham Music Service and also at Edgbaston High School for Girls.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I'd be delighted to help you with any part of your learning journey, look forward to hearing from you soon!
Send a message to Danielle Saxon Reeves
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more