Classical Piano Lessons in Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield
Tutors in Birmingham
- Maria Vasquez Central Birmingham, B1
- Sheng-Che Wu Central Birmingham, B1
- Victoria Bonham Central Birmingham, B1
- Gustavo Schafaschek Central Birmingham, B3
- Sofia Sarmento Central Birmingham, B3
- Elliot Drew Moseley, B13
- David McWilliam Brandwood, B14
- Katherine James Brandwood, B14
- David Hardie Harborne, B15
- Helen Wood Edgbaston, B15
- Susanna Bearfoot Edgbaston, B16
- Diane Hiley Harborne, B17
- Elizabeth Goble Edgbaston, B17
- Matt Foundling Kings Norton, B30
- Martin Rowberry Sutton Coldfield, B75
Tutors travelling to Birmingham
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Andrew Nesbitt Stretford, M32
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
- Juan Rezzuto Earl's Court, W14
- Kieran Joy Old Moat, M20
- Marco Marconi Hitchin, SG4
- Karina Deyanova Coombe Wood, SW15
- Christopher Poffley Felixstowe, IP11
- Hannah Olbrich Rusholme, M14
- Edgar Cardoso Blackheath, SE10
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Andrew Johnston - Pianist Greenwich, SE13
- Jemma Freestone Camberwell, SE5
- Bekki Gocher Central Manchester, M3
- Jason Hawkins Stalybridge, SK15
- Aisling Maguire Didsbury, M20
- Harriet Stubbs Stockwell, SW9
- Guido Mallardi Alperton, HA0
- Steven Dodsworth New Addington, CR0
- Edward Horsey Seven Sisters, N15
- Lucy Arch Central Manchester, M1
- Katarina Đorđević Kenton, HA3
- Musicplus Caddington, LU1
- Teodor Radu Moorgate, EC2M
- Raymond Hearne Snaresbrook, E11
- Alicia BA (Hons) Music Werrington, PE4
- Aron Rozsa Harlesden, NW10
- Stephanie Tepper Barnes, SW13
- Jonathan Booty Didsbury, M20
- Charlie Flint Shoreditch, E2
- Daniel Friend Central Norwich, NR2
- Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers Streatham, SW2
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Alejandro Bonatto Moorgate, EC1Y
- Hara Kostogianni Ashburton, CR0
- Sofya Fotiyadi Orpington, BR6
- Tim Stein East Finchley, N2
- Sabina Heywood Greenwich, SE13
- Peter Irlam Harington, L37
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Ed Whitehead Holloway, N7
- AnnastasiaM Cricklewood, NW2
- Colin Smith Redland, BS6
- Ian G South Croydon, CR2
- Paul McBretney Easton, NR18
- Liam H Winchester, SO20
- Alison G Altrincham, WA15
- Jamie Rock Deptford, SE8
- Matt Mockford Caerau, CF5
- Andrew Connington Teddington, TW11
- Gaetano Nenna Alperton, NW10
- Alexander Durham Neville's Cross, DH1
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Michelle C Gibson Tettenhall, WV6
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Emile Junge Holland Park, W11
- Cate Munro Oakwood, DE21
- Edward Farmer Blackheath, SE13
- Charlotte Tomlinson Hinksey Park, OX4
- Yvonne Clarke Balham, SW12
- Tom Harrison Oval, SW8
- Simon Gilkes Paddington, W2
- Eleanor Hudson Macclesfield, SK11
- Marco Rusholme, M14
- Nina Zautashvili Northfield, W13
- Marianne Hardisty Lewisham, SE13
- Luke Fraser Stoke Newington, N16
- Steve Pringle Blackheath, SE3
- Aizhana Nurkenova St John's Wood, NW6
- Anthony Brown Borough, SE1
- Stamatia Statherou Boughton, CT2
- Ryoko Izutsu Brockley, SE4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Piano
- Personal Message
- I am a friendly and experienced violin and piano teacher, experienced in helping prepare for ABRSM examinations. I teach violin and piano in schools in Sutton Coldfield and Edgbaston, experienced in teaching beginners through to advanced students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach violin, viola and piano. I am experienced in tutoring up to Grade 8 and beyond. I am experienced in helping students prepare for ARBSM examinations and improve their technique, whilst also making sure pupils enjoy learning their instrument! I am also able to teach Music Theory or give extra help to students preparing to take GCSE or A level Music examinations.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus Honours degree and Postgraduate Certificate awarded from Birmingham Conservatoire.
While a student, I was awarded a CBSO Scheme award, a place on the Birmingham Royal Ballet Scheme and the Tracy Colvin Award and Mehri Rohri Gazdar Violin Scholarship.
A level Music
A level Music Technology
Grade 8 Violin
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 5 years of teaching experience - holding positions at Hallfield School and Highclare School. I am experienced in teaching complete beginners of any age. I currently teach at a prep school and have a private teaching practice. I am happy to teach students of age 5 and over. I am happy to teach young children in groups of 2 or 3 if needed as I have experience teaching young string ensembles.
My orchestral playing includes work with the Royal Ballet Sinfonia - orchestra of the Birmingham Royal Ballet and British Philharmonic Orchestra amongst others. I have performed in venues such as the Royal Albert Hall, The Barbican, Purcell Room, Symphony Hall and St John's Smith Square.
I regularly perform with my string quartet, The 440 Quartet (see media player), all around the country and abroad.
- How much do you charge?
- Individual lesson: £30 per hour. £15 per 30 mins. £20 per 40 mins
Group lesson (2 or 3 children) £30 per hour
Extra fees will be charged for travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at my home in Harborne. I am also happy to travel to students homes around Birmingham, within a certain distance.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach most weekday afternoons and evenings. .
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am happy to teach any ages. Beginners to advanced pupils welcome.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold an up-to-date CRB certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- European String Teaching Association, Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Birmingham Conservatoire - David le Page, Nathaniel Vallois
Christ's Hospital School, Horsham, West Sussex - John Forster
Royal College of Music Junior Department - Brigid Krikland Wilson
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently teach violin and piano to about 40 students. I am also currently helping students of all ages and abilities to prepare for ABRSM examinations from Grade 1- 8. I currently teach the piano and violin to many young beginners, aged from 5 upwards. When teaching beginner violinists, I tend to use the Fiddle Time Starters and Joggers books, progressing at a later stage to Mary Cohen Study books. Alongside learning an instrument, I also incorporate music theory in to lessons as this is very important.
I am currently preparing some year 3/4 students for grade 1, having taught them for a year prior to this. I am also preparing secondary school students for Grade 6 and above. I think it is so important to ensure pupils gain the highest mark possible when sitting exams so I will prepare them thoroughly and make sure they know what is expected in the exam.
I enjoy helping prepare pupils for exams if they so wish, and my pupils have gone on to achieve very high marks in ABRSM exams.
My main aim is to ensure that students enjoy learning their instrument and that they always have suitable material to ensure that they can progress further.
Send a message to Elizabeth Goble
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more