Classical Piano Lessons in Edinburgh
Tutors in Edinburgh
Interested in online lessons for Classical Piano?Online Classical Piano Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Piano
- Personal Message
- Thank you for taking the time to consider me as a teacher. Whether you're looking to sit exams, or learn just for fun, I can help you learn in a enjoyable, exciting and encouraging way.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Piano, French Horn and Composition. Theory, Listening Skills (aural) and Sight Reading are taught within each of my subjects, but can be taught separately if you would prefer.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated with a Bachelor of Music (BMus) with First Class Honours from the RSAMD (now the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland) in 2007, followed by completing a Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) with Distinction, also at the RSAMD. I then moved to London, and graduated with a Masters of Music (MMus) with Distinction, from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama (GSMD) in 2010.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 20 years experience playing the piano, 15 years experience playing the French Horn and 10 years experience composing. I have 5 years experience teaching privately, both at my own home and at the homes of my pupils.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £16.50 for a half hour lesson, £22 for 45 minutes or £27.50 for an hour lesson. For beginners, I recommend starting at the half hour, and continuing up to a full hour when sufficiently experienced.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in the West of Edinburgh.
- When are you available?
- I work freelance, so my hours are variable, but flexible. I can teach during the day or evening (until 8pm at the latest), and teach during the week. Please get in touch and we can organise a lesson timetable.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students of any age and ability.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Students can work towards exams with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM), or just for fun.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have a full Scottish PVG Scheme disclosure.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can teach Composition online via e-mail or skype. Students can e-mail me their compositions for assessment (for Standard Grade/Higher, or for audition for University, for example) and I can assess and proof-read and give detailed feedback.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach pupils of a variety of ages and abilities. Some examples include 5 year old girls who have been learning for nearly a year now, and some retirees during the day. I teach beginners who have no experience, but also teaching people who have been playing for many years and are sitting graded exams.