Classical Piano Lessons in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Tutors in Westminster
- David Xu Marylebone, NW1
- Mina Beldimanescu BMus MMus Marylebone, NW1
- Siobhan Stone Regent's Park, NW1
- Aizhana Nurkenova St John's Wood, NW6
- Doh Ray Mi Maida Vale, NW6
- Katerina Mina Knightsbridge, SW1
- Andrei Marylebone, W1W
- Sophia Pagoni Westminster, W1
- Lifei Paddington, W2
- Simon Gilkes Paddington, W2
- Alistair Bankier Regent's Park, W9
- Jordan Black Maida Vale, W9
- Timothy Ellis Maida Vale, W9
- Romana Szczepaniak Queen's Park, W10
Nearby Study Centres
- Fireworks Music School Morden, SW19
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Hannah Robinson Charlton Park, SE7
- Jonathan Rogerson Greenwich, SE13
- Hannah Parry-Ridout Ealing Common, W3
- Lauren Steel Wembley Central, HA9
- Malcolm Gullis Battersea, SW11
- Dimitrios Skyllas Clapham North, SW3
- Antonia Lazenby Battersea, SW11
- Aron Rozsa Harlesden, NW10
- Sirius Chau Gloucester Road, SW7
- Francesca Gambaro Notting Hill, W11
- Sean Webster Brixton Hill, SW2
- AnnastasiaM Cricklewood, NW2
- Tom Harrison Oval, SW8
- Vassil Nachev Gloucester Road, SW7
- Edyta Lajdorf Gloucester Road, SW7
- Lucy Skinner Clapham Junction, SW18
- Alex Wingfield Bloomsbury, W1T
- Ed Ashby Finsbury Park, N4
- Anna Douglass Willesden Green, NW2
- Tom Torley Beaconsfield, HP10
- Mihai Ritivoiu Aldgate, E1
- Danielle Prosser Farringdon, EC1M
- Jon Spanyol Highgate, N6
- Alexandre Garziglia Streatham, SW12
- Emily Askew Wandsworth Town, SW18
- Stavros Dritsas Barbican, EC2Y
- Alice Baxter Clapham North, SW8
- Grace Oh Bloomsbury, WC1N
- Georgina Melling West Hampstead, NW6
- Piers Sherwood-Roberts Putney, SW18
- Anthony Brown Wandsworth Common, SW17
- Heloisa Ribeiro West Hampstead, NW6
- Vicky Yuan Swiss Cottage, NW3
- Hallam Fulcher Harringay, N4
- Gerardo Gozzi PhD RAM Willesden Green, NW2
- Poppy Beddoe Waterloo, SE1
- Samuel Bordoli Sydenham, SE26
- Jun Piano Lessons Golders Green, NW11
- WeiWei Hampstead Garden Sub, NW3
- Lucia Brighenti Swiss Cottage, NW6
- Becky Yen-Huan Wang Brondesbury Park, NW6
- Gareth Humphreys BMus MMus Herne Hill, SE5
- Juan Rezzuto Earl's Court, W14
- Stavros Diamantopoulos Highgate, N6
- Kobayashi Brompton, SW5
- Arlene Lin West Hampstead, NW6
- Niklas Oldemeier Brondesbury Park, NW6
- Guido Mallardi Alperton, HA0
- Anushka Tay Kensal Green, NW10
- Phillippa Slack Cricklewood, NW2
- Heeji Rotherhithe, SE16
- Paul Devlin Streatham, SW2
- Ada Witczyk Gloucester Road, SW7
- Helena Jacklin Battersea, SW11
- Honor Watson Greenwich, SE8
- Clara Perez Sedano Southfields, SW19
- Music at The Hap'ning Place Crouch End, N8
- Toby Huelin Guildhall, EC2Y
- Dr. Hao Chen Earl's Court, W14
- Amy Yuan LRAM Gloucester Road, SW7
- Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher Willesden Green, NW2
- Jennifer Mu Frognal, NW3
- Chris Schlechte-Bond Acton Central, W3
- Helena Kay Holborn, EC1
- James Cheung Queens Park, NW6
- Andreas Papapetrou Surrey Docks, SE8
- Rachel Coe Moorgate, EC1Y
- Teodor Radu Moorgate, EC2M
- Tim Maryon Regent's Park, NW1
- Ed Philips Fulham, SW6
- Irma Vastakaite East Finchley, N2
- Silvia Palombo Cricklewood, NW2
- Orlando Shamlou Hoxton, N1
- Jane Salmon Shoreditch, EC1V
- Mikhail Shilyaev MusicAListers Streatham, SW2
- Clare Aster Tulse Hill, SE21
- Anna Binias Southfields, SW19
Interested in online lessons for Classical Piano?Online Classical Piano Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Piano
- Personal Message
- We use our proprietary leading-edge method, incorporating understanding, perceptile enhancement, carefully graduated pieces, and fun (all-important)! See our personal message or try an introductory lesson to learn more on this.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Johan and Norman together teach you the theory and practice of playing the Piano and/or the Guitar.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Johan studied music for a number of years with George Lacheque, a Polish concert pianist. Norman is an expert in music theory, has studied how people learn, and has been assisting Johan for the last four years.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Johan Schokker spent seven years in a band as singer, pianist, and guitarist. Norman Wilson has been assisting Johan for the last four years.
The Doh Ray Mi method of teaching has been developed over the last 25 years. It has been successfully applied to hundreds of students over the last eight years. It is being continually refined on the basis of feedback from student progress..
- How much do you charge?
- Doh Ray Mi charges £25 for 45 minutes.
- Where do you teach?
- Lessons are given in Queens Park 2 minutes from Queens Park Station. You can reach this station by tube on the Bakerloo tube line or by overground trains from Kings Cross.or Watford. There are also plenty of buses stopping nearby.
- When are you available?
- Lessons are available on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- We teach children from age four onwards as well as adults of any age. And, yes, we even teach theory - modified, of course to fit the younger mind, to 4-year-olds
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- We will prepare students for any qualification they require, provided they have reached the necessary standard using the Doh Ray Mi method. We encourage students to develop their sight-reading, so that they have a real skill rather than just having the piece of paper saying they have passed the grade (which many people do without being able to sight read at that level). With our method, you get the real skill AND the qualification as well, if you want or need this.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Johan does; Norman, not quite yet.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
There are two of us, working together, for each lesson. Norman does theory, which is designed to be applied and really helps with the practical. For piano students this includes special sight-reading drills (to teach every aspect of how to read from music) as well as practical aspects of music theory that you need to know to make music. Johan, who developed the system which we use (he is still working on further improvements), does the practical part of the lesson, consisting of playing carefully graduated pieces he wrote himself - so the student is never overwhelmed, as well as the fun part: playing 'nursery' songs, pop songs &c, depending on age &c, with only basic written indications of how to play them. This 'fun' part is 'seriously' important for adults as well as children
Doh Ray Mi Method gives you:
a Sound Foundation – grasp the nature of music; its notation; instrumental sound production etc.
Enduring Skills - confidently play totally new sheet music right away (don’t just learn to play one or two particular pieces, for grades)
Enhanced Perception – see the note, feel the key, hear the sound, sing along, and accompany another instrument after special perception exercises
Full Support – for both adult and child we prescribe between-lesson activity by which you will progress even with minimal practice; because of our superior
method, you would normally make progress one week to the next with as little as one hour's practice a week, with the weekly lesson as well (obviously more is better)!
Value for Money – progress reports and problem diagnosis ensure that steady progress is made. We can normally also diagnose and correct anything that is slowing progress; this can be something not quite understood, a problem at school, even a difficult person in the students life. Any of these factors, we can normally get handled quite easily.
Qualifications – once you have achieved a certain level, you can be prepared for grade examinations, if you wish
Success – achieve any level of skill desired through practice pieces that get harder very gradually
Joy - end each lesson on a high note by playing songs with accompaniment.
Send a message to Doh Ray Mi
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more