Classical Singing Lessons in Barnet (Edgware, Finchley, Hendon, Mill Hill and Golders Green)
Tutors in Barnet
Tutors travelling to Barnet
- RLM Singing Lessons Lisvane, CF14
- Stephanie Smith Hulme, M15
- Bekki Gocher Central Manchester, M3
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Christin Wismann Battersea, SW1V
- Simon Gilkes Paddington, W2
- Ria Shah Stanmore, HA7
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- Daisy Chute Music London Bridge, SE1
- Simon Wallfisch Kensal Green, NW10
- Daniel Joy Ware, SG12
- Jamie Rock Deptford, SE8
- Miriam Sharrad Forest Hill, SE23
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Linda Gerrard -BelCanto Studio Cirencester, GL7
- West End Performer Clodagh London Fields, E8
- Marie-Louise Goode Sutton Coldfield, B74
- Gillian Newman Greenbank, L18
- Brock Roberts Edgbaston, B16
- Angela Durrant Trowbridge, CF3
- Ed Whitehead Holloway, N7
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Juan Rezzuto Earl's Court, W14
- Sofia Sarmento Central Birmingham, B3
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Singing
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced professional musician with over 20 years experience teaching singing, piano and recorder across a number of styles including classical and pop. You are very welcome to contact me for advice or if you have any questions.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach singing, piano, recorder, theory and musicanship to adults and children of all levels of ability, in styles that include classical, pop and music theatre. As well as teaching singing I also provide piano accompaniment. Having sung with national opera companies and performed in concerts and music theatre I now specialise in coaching students for auditions and perfomances. I also have lots of experience preparing students for grade exams as well as teaching those who just wish to learn for fun.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold an ARCM (Associate of the Royal College of Music) in teaching. I studied performance at the Opera School at the Royal College of Music. I studied piano with Yu Chun Yee and Ian Lake (professors of piano at the Royal College of Music). I studied music theatre at the Actors Centre in London.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been performing professionally for over 35 years in opera, concerts, music theatre, pantomimes, TV and film with companies as diverse as the English National Opera, the Israeli National Opera, Covent Garden Opera House, BBC radio, La Scala (Milan), Earls Court etc. I have worked at English Martyrs Primary School, Hawley Infants and Kingsgate School for 14 years as a singing teacher, accompanist and recorder tutor.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge from £20 for half an hour, and from £35 an hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at home in London, N20. The nearest tube is Totteridge/Whetstone on the Northern line. It is a 10 minute walk from the station, or you could take a bus for 2 stops. There is plenty of free parking outside the house.
- When are you available?
- I am available weekdays after 4pm, Thursday mornings and weekends up to 2pm. I also teach throughout school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have students of all ages, from 5 to 95! I teach all grades in singing from total beginners to professional performers and have lots of experience preparing students for auditions and music theatre exams. I teach up to grade 5 piano and recorder as well as teaching music theory.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM graded exams. Entrance to stage and drama schools. Auditions for music theatre, West-End shows, TV, films etc.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I am CRB checked and hold a Child Chaperone License.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicians Union, Equity, Spotlight, AOTOS (Association of Teachers of Singing), Society of Recorder Players.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Leeds College of Music with Stiles-Allen and Owen Wynne. Royal College of Music with Hervey Alan and Marian Studholme. Israeli Opera with singing Professor Maria Buday. St. Cecilia Conservatori, Rome, with Paolo Silveri. Actors Centre in London with various teachers including Mary Hammond and Mark Meylan. Piano at the RCM with Yu Chun Lee and Ian Lake.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My priority is to bring out the best in each individual student and to make our lessons as enjoyable as possible. I don't have a fixed teaching method but like to adapt to the interests and natural abilities of each student, so each lesson is an exciting experience for the student and myself.
Send a message to Hilary Michel
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more