Classical Singing Lessons in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Tutors in Westminster
Nearby Study Centres
- Fireworks Music School Morden, SW19
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Sara G. Saavedra Chingford, E4
- Dan Keating-Roberts King's Cross, N1
- Music at The Hap'ning Place Kilburn, N8
- Clare Aster Willesden Green, NW2
- Victoria Mulley West Hampstead, NW3
- Sean Webster Brixton Hill, SW2
- Edyta Lajdorf Gloucester Road, SW7
- Alexandre Garziglia Streatham, SW12
- Lowri Lewis Jones Wandsworth Town, SW18
- Piers Sherwood-Roberts Putney, SW18
- Anna Binias Southfields, SW19
- Juan Rezzuto Earl's Court, W14
- Michael Park Motspur Park, KT3
- Daniel Joy Ware, SG12
- Angela Durrant Trowbridge, CF3
- K Heardman Wembury and Brixton, PL9
- Simon Wallfisch Kensal Green, NW10
- Miriam Sharrad Forest Hill, SE23
- Daisy Chute Music London Bridge, SE1
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Marie-Louise Goode Sutton Coldfield, B74
- Linda Gerrard -BelCanto Studio Cirencester, GL7
- Ed Whitehead Holloway, N7
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Ria Shah Stanmore, HA7
- Jamie Rock Deptford, SE8
- West End Performer Clodagh London Fields, E8
- Brock Roberts Edgbaston, B16
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- Sofia Sarmento Central Birmingham, B3
- Gillian Newman Greenbank, L18
- Christin Wismann Battersea, SW1V
- Juan Rezzuto Earl's Court, W14
- Stephanie Smith Hulme, M15
- RLM Singing Lessons Lisvane, CF14
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Singing
- Personal Message
- I'm a classically trained composer and active jazz and world music performer, with several years of experience in teaching across all age ranges and covering variety of music styles.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach classical and contemporary piano and singing, music theory including harmony and counterpoint, composition, music production ( including use of music software ). I have produced and composed two music releases of my own and I often collaborate with other musicians on their releases.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a bachelor degree in composition from the Music Faculty in Belgrade, Serbia and PhD in electroacoustic music composition from University of East anglia, UK. I've been trained as a classical pianist through my primary and secondary music education.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- My work experience ranges from preparing students for their ABSM and Trinity exams to training them for live performances and auditions. I accompany all of my singing students myself and at least twice a year I provide an opportunity for them to perform live in front of an audience. I also have a mobile high quality recording equipment and can produce a high quality recording of my pupils. I am also an active performer myself, with 2 - 3 concerts a month plus touring with my own music compositions. My ensemble ArHai was generously supported by Arts Council of England ( Grants for the Arts 2012 ). I also compose music for the feature and documentary movies, as well as works for classical ensembles.
- How much do you charge?
- £40 an hour + the travel if outside zone 3 and the renting of the room with the instrument (where applicable). Recording (depending on a amount of production/equipment involved) can be charged separately.
- Where do you teach?
- I currently do not teach at home, so I'm willing to travel to pupils' homes or alternatively rent a room with a good instrument for a lesson. I'm based in Stoke Newington. London. I'm willing to travel up to zone 3.
- When are you available?
- I'm not available on Sundays. Otherwise, my timetable is flexible and it often changes to accommodate pupils with different schedules and holiday patterns. Please get in touch for details.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Across all ages and levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- My current students range from adults who enjoy singing jazz and world music to four and a half year olds that are experiencing piano for the first time. So far, every single student I prepared passed his/hers exams, approximately half of them with merit. To hear some recordings of my students' performances, please get in touch.
Send a message to Jovana Backovic
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more