Online Classical Violin Teachers / Classical Violin Lessons
|Jordan Bowron||Blackheath, SE10|
|Angelika Stangl||Amersham, HP7|
|K Heardman||Plympton, PL9|
|Amy Welch||Didsbury, M20|
|Sarah Moffatt||South Croydon, CR0|
|Kylie Nesbit||Stratford, E15|
|Natalie Watson||Wembley Central, NW10|
|Ben Harrison||Ealing Broadway, W13|
|Michelle C Gibson||Park, WV6|
|Peter Irlam||Harington, L37|
|Tamara Elias||Clapham North, SW3|
|Tobie L. Tripp||Streatham, SW16|
|JUAN CARMONA||Greenwich, SE10|
|Jacob Lang||Chalk Farm, NW1|
|Ada Witczyk||Southfields, SW19|
|Stefano Matteucci||Purley, CR8|
|Helen Vulin||South Ruislip, HA4|
|Karina Deyanova||Coombe Wood, SW15|
|John Dipper||Wandsworth Common, SW18|
|Sam Macadam||Hillhead, G12|
|Emile Junge||Holland Park, W11|
|Dunja Lavrova||Oakdale, BH15|
|Gundula Gruen||Fryent, HA3|
|Vanessa Gardiner||Crouch End, N8|
|Edmund Reid||Cheam, SM1|
|Triona||Forest Hill, SE23|
|Tabea Sitte LRAM||Knightsbridge, SW1X|
|Adam Phillips||Meads, BN21|
|Gregory Emfietzis||Mortlake and Barnes, SW14|
|Mr. David P Wallace||Fairfield, CR2|
|Michael Joel||Turnham Green, W4|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Katarina Đorđević||Kenton, HA3|
|Rebekah S Frost||Wokingham, RG41|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Violin
- Personal Message
- I teach the violin from beginner to advanced level. I try to make music making as enjoyable as possible. I take on all ability levels including children of any age, adults and complete beginner level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer Skype lessons. I also email students music and/or links. I can also email parents about their child's progress.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Grades 1-8 violin ABRSM distinctions and merits, Grade 5 Theory of Music ABRSM, Grades 1 - 4 piano with merits ABRSM, A-level music, BA Honours, Postgraduate diploma and MA
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught the violin one to one and privately for the past eight years to a wide variety of people, mainly children but also adults of all abilities. I have also taught from complete beginner level. I teach classical violin with an emphasis on sight reading and listening exercises. This includes teaching students how to play studies, pieces and scales. As well as this, I encourage music making through improvisation. I teach students for the ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) violin examinations if students want to take exams.
I play the violin in a classical quartet and in a folk rock band. I also freelance.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 per hour lesson or £20 for thirty minutes. I also offer forty five minute lessons for £28.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in a quiet, spacious flat (with its own music room with a piano and plenty of instruments) in Crouch End, London, N8. I am close to the W7 bus stop and also, close to: Stroud Green, Muswell Hill, Highgate, Hampstead, Finsbury Park, Turnpike Lane, Wood Green, Stoke Newington, Newington Green, Highbury and so on.
- When are you available?
- Days and times vary according to when I have free spaces available during the academic year. I generally teach on weekday evenings from 4.00pm onwards and on Saturdays and Sundays. The best thing to do is to contact me to discuss your particular needs and to arrange a suitable day and time for an initial session.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach beginner level, intermediate and advanced level on the violin. I take on children of any age and at any stage. I also take on adults and complete beginners.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) violin examinations grades 1 - 8 depending on whether the student wants to do this.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current enhanced CRB check/certificate.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have quite a few current violin students, ranging from age 5 to age 63. Some are complete beginners and I have two Grade 7 and 8 pupils. I teach a wide range of ability levels and ages. Most of my current pupils are ages 5-17.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a patient, enthusiastic music teacher. I really enjoy what I do and I aim to communicate my love of music in a friendly environment.
Send a message to Vanessa Gardiner
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more