Online Classical Violin Teachers / Classical Violin Lessons
See Also: Show
- Peter Irlam Harington, L37
- Rob Campkin Greenwich, SE10
- Adam Phillips Meads, BN21
- Sam Macadam Hillhead, G12
- K Heardman Wembury and Brixton, PL9
- Helen Vulin South Ruislip, HA4
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Lukas Hank Wembley Park, HA9
- Matthew Robert Brown Canterbury, CT2
- Monique Ayres Central Bristol, BS3
- Francina Elisabet Bethnal Green, E2
- Mr. David P Wallace Fairfield, CR2
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- JUAN CARMONA Greenwich, SE10
- Vanessa Gardiner Crouch End, N8
- Ada Witczyk Gloucester Road, SW7
- M Cecile Putney, SW15
- Magic Violin Chalk Farm, NW1
- Sarah Moffatt South Croydon, CR0
- Karina Deyanova Coombe Wood, SW15
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Tamara Elias Herne Hill, SE24
- Charlie Cole Ealing Broadway, W13
- Tobie L. Tripp Sydenham, SE26
- Jacob Lang Chalk Farm, NW1
- Emile Junge Holland Park, W11
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- Gregory Emfietzis Teddington, TW11
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Rebekah S Frost Wokingham, RG41
- Sam Kennedy Blackheath, SE3
- Edmund Reid Cheam, SM1
- Irma Vastakaite East Finchley, N2
- Amy Welch Didsbury, M20
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Violin
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced violinist, and I love to teach!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can provide online tutoring via Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Violin, Viola, Chamber Music, Baroque Violin and Baroque Viola
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Violin Performance from the Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin. I also hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Performance, a Dip RAM and an LRAM in violin teaching from the Royal Academy of Music in London. In 2008 I was awarded an honorary ARAM from the Royal Academy of Music in London for services to the music profession.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Many years of experience performing and recording with ensembles from the National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland to the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, the Academy of Ancient Music, the English Baroque Soloists and the English Concert as well as performing chamber music concerts on a regular basis. I have taught privately for many years, as a deputy at Hill House International School in Chelsea, and also at projects at the Royal Irish Academy of Music for both conservatoire and school students. I have also led the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment in concerts for under 5's given by the in the South Bank Centre in London.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £20 for a half-hour lesson, or £30 for an hour lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in South Croydon, which is 7 minutes walk from South Croydon station, and also easily accessible by direct buses from East Croydon and West Croydon as well as Purley, Caterham, Coulsdon, Epsom, Banstead, Sutton, Wallington, Streatham, Norwood, Bromley, Shirley, Addington, New Addington, Warlingham, Selsdon and Sanderstead.
- When are you available?
- Most of the lessons I give are on Mondays or Tuesdays, but I have a varied schedule and will try to accommodate your lesson at a time that is convenient for us both.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels, from age 6 through to conservatoire level and including adult beginners.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Whether to enter for exams or not is your choice, however I am happy to prepare students for ABRSM exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not yet, but I am in the process of applying.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- the Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Where and with whom did you train?
- At the Royal Academy of Music in London with Micaela Comberti, Catherine Mackintosh and Monica Huggett, at the Royal Irish Academy of Music with Maeve Broderick and Deirdre Ward, and also at masterclasses and lessons with Ruggiero Ricci, Hu Kun, Elizabeth Wallfisch, Franco Gulli, Alexandre Brussilovsky and Maya Homburger.
Send a message to Sarah Moffatt
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more