Online Classical Violin Teachers / Classical Violin Lessons
See Also: Show
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Helen Vulin South Ruislip, HA4
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- Irma Vastakaite East Finchley, N2
- Sophia Rees Moorgate, EC1Y
- Edmund Reid Cheam, SM1
- JUAN CARMONA Greenwich, SE10
- Monique Ayres Central Bristol, BS3
- Vanessa Gardiner Crouch End, N8
- Rob Campkin Greenwich, SE10
- Sam Kennedy Blackheath, SE3
- Carl Vallin Leytonstone, E11
- Amy Welch Didsbury, M20
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Francina Elisabet Bethnal Green, E2
- Lukas Hank Wembley Park, HA9
- Magic Violin Kenton, HA3
- Michael Segaud MMus BMus ALCM Beckenham, BR3
- M Cecile Putney, SW15
- Charlie Cole Ealing Broadway, W13
- Gregory Emfietzis Teddington, TW11
- Sam Macadam Hillhead, G12
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Karina Deyanova Coombe Wood, SW15
- Susan33 Central Birmingham, B3
- Mr. David P Wallace South Croydon, CR2
- Matthew Robert Brown Canterbury, CT2
- Tobie L. Tripp Sydenham, SE26
- Emile Junge Holland Park, W11
- Sarah Moffatt South Croydon, CR0
- Adam Phillips Meads, BN21
- Victoria Stephenson Walton-on-Thames, KT12
- Tamara Elias Herne Hill, SE24
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Ada Witczyk Gloucester Road, SW7
- Minsi Yang Willesden Green, NW2
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Violin
- Personal Message
- Understanding, challenging and discovering are the most thrilling aspects of learning - hence it is the duty of the teacher to nourish those aspects, and tailor them for every individual.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I could also provide Skype, Zoom or FaceTime lessons, if time and space suited.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach classical violin. I provide one-to-one tuition, as well as small ensemble coaching if required.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Xinghai Conservatory in Guangzhou, China, under the guidance of Zhongxian Jin ( Viola of Aroha String Quartet, NZ) and Haihong Liu (First Violin of Aroha String Quartet)
Bachelor of Music in Victoria University in 2006
Master of Music in Auckland University in 2009
My mentors include Dimitri Atanassov and Elizabeth Holowell.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Through out 15 years of teaching I have had a large variety of students, from age 4 to 60s. I started as a teaching assistant for my teachers in the conservatory in Guangzhou, to supervise younger students with their practice routine. Following my move to New Zealand, I taught in Raroa Saturday Music Centre and Lewis Eady Music School, providing small group violin lessons and ensemble coaching. I have also taken various orchestral sectional coaching and chamber music coaching sessions for the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra Summer School, which happens every January in New Zealand.
I also perform regularly with some of the most prominent UK orchestras, including Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Opera North and Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
I have thoroughly enjoyed many aspects of all of my above experiences; however, my main passion is private teaching. My goal is to build up enough basic knowledge for the student so that they can understand what they are doing, and on their own to explore the potential of their physical and intellectual relationship with the violin. I, as a teacher, am around for giving advice and solving problems.
- How much do you charge?
- The first consultation lesson is free. After that, the prices for individual lessons are:
£40 per hour
£35 for 45 minutes
I also offer a free lesson to any student who successfully recommends me to another person for lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I am based in Willesden Green, Northwest London. (Closest stations are Willesden Green and Cricklewood) I am happy to teach at home as well as travelling to the student. Ideally, I would prefer students to come to my house, but I could also consider travelling within 30 minutes from home on public transport. This would include areas such as: Baker Street, Maida Vale, St John's Wood, Swiss Cottage, Finchley Road, West Hampstead, Kilburn, Willesden Green, Cricklewood, Golders Green, etc. Please note, there might be extra charge for travelling to a student's home, depending on distance.
- When are you available?
- I have quite a flexible schedule. As a freelance musician, I might occasionally have some orchestral tours outside of London, but I will always have a way to fit lessons around it.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught students aged from 4 to 60, and levels ranged from complete beginner to conservatoire standard.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can help with preparing for ABRSM exams and other exams that the student requires up to conservatory level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Talent can only take you to a certain level; it is understanding and willingness to work that will accompany you for your lifetime.
Send a message to Minsi Yang
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more