Online Classical Violin Teachers / Classical Violin Lessons
See Also: Show
- Francina Elisabet Bethnal Green, E2
- Matthew Robert Brown Canterbury, CT2
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Ada Witczyk Southfields, SW19
- Mr. David P Wallace Fairfield, CR2
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Sam Kennedy Eltham, SE9
- Sam Macadam Hillhead, G12
- Sarah Moffatt South Croydon, CR0
- Vanessa Gardiner Crouch End, N8
- Tobie L. Tripp Sydenham, SE26
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Gundula Gruen Fryent, HA3
- Jacob Lang Chalk Farm, NW1
- Karina Deyanova Coombe Wood, SW15
- Amy Welch Didsbury, M20
- JUAN CARMONA Greenwich, SE10
- Edmund Reid Cheam, SM1
- Rob Campkin Greenwich, SE10
- Rebekah S Frost Wokingham, RG41
- Emile Junge Holland Park, W11
- Helen Vulin South Ruislip, HA4
- Adam Phillips Meads, BN21
- Gregory Emfietzis East Sheen, SW14
- Peter Irlam Harington, L37
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Tamara Elias Clapham North, SW3
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Violin
- Personal Message
- I am a freelance violinist and violist based in London having studied at Cambridge University and the Royal Northern College of Music. I am also a committed teacher and have taught in primary and secondary schools as well as privately.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor by webcam, skype and e-mail correspondence at a discounted price.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach the violin, viola, piano, music theory, musicianship (aural and keyboard studies). I also give chamber music classes by arrangement.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA Hons Cantab in Music
PGDip in Performance from the Royal Northern College of Music
DipLCM in Piano
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a wide experience of teaching adults and children privately as well as teaching groups and classes in secondary and primary schools. I teach all levels from beginner to advanced (grade 8+).
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 for an hour and £15 for half an hour. Negotiable discounts for groups.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in the comfort of the student's own home. I am willing to travel to anywhere in South and Central London. Greenwich, Blackheath, Eltham, Bexley, Dartford, Plumstead, Woolwich, Mottingham, Sidcup etc.
- When are you available?
- As is the same for many freelance musicians my hours are variable but as far as possible I keep weekly lessons at the same time each week so as to build structure and organisation into our busy lives. Please enquire for available time slots.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and all levels from absolute beginner to advanced level students (Diploma level students).
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my students for ABRSM exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have studied violin with Arisa Fujita of the Fujita Piano Trio and Guildhall School of Music and Drama; Howard Davis of the Alberni String Quartet and Royal Academy of Music.
I have studied viola at postgraduate level with Asdis Valdimarsdottir at the Royal Northern College of Music.
I have an undergraduate degree in Music from Cambridge University.
I have also been a part of the training orchestras: European Union Baroque Orchestra, Britten-Pears Baroque Orchestra and the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I always encourage my students to enjoy every aspect of playing and performing and that with further study can come great appreciation and pleasure of music.
Send a message to Sam Kennedy
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more