Online Classical Violin Teachers / Classical Violin Lessons
- Amy Welch Didsbury, M20
- Mr. David P Wallace Fairfield, CR2
- Peter Irlam Harington, L37
- Edmund Reid Cheam, SM1
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Vanessa Gardiner Crouch End, N8
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Francina Elisabet Bethnal Green, E2
- Ben Harrison Ealing Broadway, W13
- Sarah Moffatt South Croydon, CR0
- Ada Witczyk Southfields, SW19
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Matthew Robert Brown Canterbury, CT2
- Rob Campkin Greenwich, SE10
- Tamara Elias Clapham North, SW3
- Katarina Đorđević Kenton, HA3
- Tobie L. Tripp Streatham, SW16
- Tabea Sitte LRAM Knightsbridge, SW1X
- Gregory Emfietzis Mortlake and Barnes, SW14
- Rebekah S Frost Wokingham, RG41
- Jacob Lang Chalk Farm, NW1
- Gundula Gruen Fryent, HA3
- Sam Macadam Hillhead, G12
- Karina Deyanova Coombe Wood, SW15
- Adam Phillips Meads, BN21
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Jordan Bowron Blackheath, SE10
- Helen Vulin South Ruislip, HA4
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- JUAN CARMONA Greenwich, SE10
- Emile Junge Holland Park, W11
- Kylie Nesbit Stratford, E15
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Violin
- Personal Message
- ***September 2014** My schedule for private pupils is currently full, I anticipate the earliest start date for any new pupils would be Jan 2015 at the earliest, please contact me directly for details.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer online lessons (Violin/ Viola ) via Skype. Please contact me for further details.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach violin and viola.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Degree: BMus(Hons) 2:1 performance degree (Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama)
Post Graduate Diploma in Musical Performance (RWCMD)
Mavron String Quartet Junior Fellows in Chamber Music at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama 2004/05
Post Graduate Certificate of Education, (Specialism Secondary Music) University of Reading 2009
- What kind of experience do you have?
- During my studies in Cardiff, I assisted and led theory, chamber music, and orchestral sessions at the junior department of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, as well as working as a peripatetic music tutor for Caerphilly Borough Council.
I currently teach for a local music service where I teach violin and viola to pupils ranging from complete beginners to grade 8 standard, pupils are members of county ensembles and have been awarded music scholarships to various independent schools. I have coached county ensembles as well as working with beginner groups. Prior to this, I completed a Post Graduate certificate in Education (Secondary Music) at Reading University. In a broader educational context, I have undertaken a large number of community based music projects though Live Music Now! the Cavatina Chamber Music trust and other arts organisations, performing in schools and other community venues as well as working as a performer with young composers helping them to refine and improve their work.
From 2002 – 2008 I was violist with the Mavron string quartet. During this time, the quartet pursued a mixed schedule of performance and educational commitments including recitals at the North Wales International Music Festival, and the home of the late composer William Walton on the Island of Ischia in Italy. Other engagements included performances at the home of the American Ambassador to the UK and Windsor Castle. The group was awarded the Cavatina Chamber music prize for Chamber music at the College, and in 2004/05 were appointed junior fellows in chamber music at the RWCMD.
Other professional performance experience includes Akina Strings, British Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra of Wales, Alto Productions. the British Sinfonietta, Norden Farm Chamber Orchestra, Presteigne Festival Orchestra, Bath Philharmonia, Sinfonia Cymru and work for Sound Affairs a Cardiff based ensemble led by composer Charlie Barber.
Whilst studying at the RWCMD I was awarded a place on the BBC NOW placement scheme, the Britten Pears Orchestra, Bowdoin International Summer Music Festival in Maine US and the Lappeenranta Music Festival in Finland. I also participated in an exchange to study with Elizabeth Hollowell in New South Wales, Australia. Upon my graduation I was awarded the strings prize and I was the recipient of various scholarships to help fund my further study.
- How much do you charge?
- 60 mins: £33.00
30 mins: £18.00
Consultation lesson prices as above.
- Where do you teach?
- My private teaching practice is based within the grounds of Bearwood College in Winnersh, within easy reach of Wokingham, Finchampstead and Lower Earley. I do not travel to pupils houses.
I am a member of the music teaching staff at Bearwood College, Holme Grange School and Highfield prep.
- When are you available?
- Please contact for details regarding availability. Email is the best way to contact me as whilst working my 'phone is switched off.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach children from the age of six upwards. I prefer to develop pupils playing from an early level working through to the higher grades. I occasionally take on students transferring from other teachers if I feel my teaching approach is compatible with the students playing style. Please note I am not a Suzuki teacher.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I follow the ABRSM (www.abrsm.org/) path of examinations and have an excellent pass rate with a very high proportion of pupils gaining higher level (merit/distinction) passes.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold a full CRB disclosure.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am currently a member of he European String Teachers Association and the Musicians Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- First study tutors (viola)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am an experienced and relaxed teacher and enjoy working with enthusiastic and committed pupils of all ages and levels. I would describe my teaching style relaxed yet structured adapting teaching to meet the needs of each pupil's requirements. Pupils are encouraged to take exams when appropriate to mark progress if wished, but this is not obligatory. Parents of younger children are encouraged to sit in on lessons.
Send a message to Rebekah S Frost
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more