Online Classical Violin Teachers / Classical Violin Lessons
See Also: Show
- Matthew Robert Brown Canterbury, CT2
- Tobie L. Tripp Sydenham, SE26
- Gundula Gruen Fryent, HA3
- Helen Vulin South Ruislip, HA4
- Rebekah S Frost Wokingham, RG41
- Sarah Moffatt South Croydon, CR0
- Amy Welch Didsbury, M20
- JUAN CARMONA Greenwich, SE10
- Emile Junge Holland Park, W11
- K Heardman Plympton, PL9
- Jacob Lang Chalk Farm, NW1
- Kylie Nesbit Stratford, E15
- Ada Witczyk Southfields, SW19
- John Dipper Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Sam Macadam Hillhead, G12
- Gregory Emfietzis Mortlake and Barnes, SW14
- Stefano Matteucci Purley, CR8
- Tamara Elias Clapham North, SW3
- Mr. David P Wallace Fairfield, CR2
- Peter Irlam Harington, L37
- Edmund Reid Cheam, SM1
- Katarina Đorđević Kenton, HA3
- Rob Campkin Greenwich, SE10
- Vanessa Gardiner Crouch End, N8
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Francina Elisabet Bethnal Green, E2
- Adam Phillips Meads, BN21
- Michael Joel Turnham Green, W4
- Karina Deyanova Coombe Wood, SW15
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Classical Violin
- Personal Message
- My teaching method consists of combining various schools/methods to find the perfect one for you. The lessons are on a one-to-one basis, and are tailor-made to suit each and every student's needs.
Lessons may take place in English or in French
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Lessons may also take place via Skype in case of absence or travel
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach violin, viola, and music theory
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I completed my studies at the Yehudi Menuhin School in Surrey, and obtained both a
Master of Arts in Interpretation and a Master of Arts in Musical Pedagogy from the Geneva Conservatory in 2010 and 2013.
Having obtained the highest grades available in my pedagogy diploma, I was awarded both the 'Adolphe Neuman Prize' by the City of Geneva for my thesis and my practical exam, and a one year teaching contract in the Junior Geneva Conservatory (Conservatoire Populaire de Musique, Danse et Théâtre de Genève).
I am currently a part-time student at the Musicians' Clinic in Paris in view of obtaining a diploma of 'Medicine in the Arts'. This diploma aims to promote physical and psychological well-being in musicians through the study of various injuries and their therapies, subsequently aiming to prevent those injuries in aspiring musicians.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Having taught at the Junior department of the Geneva Conservatory this past year, and although my contract has been extended to this year, I have decided to relocate to London due to professional opportunities. I have always deeply enjoyed teaching, its enriching interaction, and the joy of seeing musical language, skill, and expression develop in students. I am looking forward to doing so in London.
My teaching experience:
- 2013-2014, violin professor at the Junior Geneva Conservatory, Switzerland (Conservatoire Populaire de Musique, Danse et Théâtre de Genève)
- 2013, guest violin professor at the Universidad Tecnologica de Pereira, Colombia
- 2013, violin teacher in the Batuta Organisation 'The Transforming Power of Music', promoting music in underprivileged areas of Colombia through group lessons and orchestral coaching
- Since 2008, replacement violin teacher at the Geneva Conservatory, the Pully Conservatory, and the International School in Lausanne, all in Switzerland
- Since 2008, performances and lessons as part of various outreach programmes in the United States, Panama, Colombia, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Since 2004, private violin teacher in Switzerland
- How much do you charge?
- Travel is included for zone 1-2. For zone 3, an additional £3.00 will be charged.
Violin + Theory: £35.00 for 60 minutes (lesson will be divided)
Violin + Theory: £50.00 for 90 minutes
- Where do you teach?
- I am currently living in Herne Hill, SE24, though lessons take place at students' homes for the time-being. I am fully willing to travel to anyplace in Central London, although preferably in zones 1-2 as they are near my work-place.
- When are you available?
- Please contact me to discuss availability and lesson times
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I gladly teach all ages and levels, from young children to adults wanting to discover or rediscover the joys of music-making.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a violinist at Southbank Sinfonia
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at the Tibor Varga Academy in Sion (Switzerland) with Tibor Varga, at the Yehudi Menuhin School (England) with Maciej Rakowski, at the Lausanne Conservatory (Switzerland) with Pierre Amoyal, and at the Geneva Conservatory (Switzerland) with Patrick Genet and Robert Zimansky.
I have performed as a soloist under the baton of conductors Tibor Varga, Ivo Lipanovics, Luc Baghdassaryan, and Paul Wynne Griffiths (in 2015), and have performed in various festivals in Europe, South America, Central America and North America.
I am currently first violin in the Rothko Quartet, a member of the Camerata Alma Viva, a member of the Lausanne Sinfonietta, and a member of the Southbank Sinfonia.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Music is the ultimate universal language; a language that all should have the opportunity to learn. Learning an instrument can enrich a child’s education, bring joy to any music-loving adult, and for a select few comprise an exciting career.
As a teacher, I strive to provide guidance that fits the individual needs of each of my students, and to help them develop their full potential as musicians.
With regard to lessons, I generally have a flexible plan for each student from the outset that outlines short-term and long-term goals in technical, musical, and psychological aspects of music-making. I aspire to develop in my students a solid technical foundation, and also the ability to use that foundation to create music.
Students must ultimately be able to know the specific sound, atmosphere, or phrasing that they want to create at a given moment, and then be able to produce it. I strive to develop their minds, and their ears, as well as their violinistic skills.
Send a message to Tamara Elias
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more