Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.
- Personal Message
- I am a Portuguese dancer based in London. I have been working in the dance industry for many years. I offer Portuguese lessons as well as dance, Pilates and personal training sessions.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- As a native speaker, I teach Portuguese language at all levels.
I can also teach contemporary and ballet dance classes at all levels (from children to adults, individual or group classes).
I am able to give basic Pilates instruction and personal training sessions to anyone interested in improving their fitness and stamina.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I graduated in Dance Performance from London Studio Centre. I also took a year of Civil Engineering in FEUP (Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Portugal). Throughout my education in Portugal, I took all the Portuguese Exams with great distinction.
I have completed the RAD Ballet Exams and took part in several summer dance courses with renowned choreographers and dance professionals including Maria Palmeirim, Colin Sinclair, Malgorzata Dzierzon, Wayne Parsons, Dam VayVan Huynh and Ana Lujan Sanchez, among others.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- As a native speaker, I can help students or professionals to learn and improve their written, spoken and listening skills in Portuguese.
I have also been teaching ballet classes for many years and have prepared students to RAD Examinations.
I teach children from 3 years old onwards in various dance genres including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary and Creative Dance.
I have done several workshops in Pilates technique and have helped many students and professionals to achieve better fitness and overall health.
- How much do you charge?
- Portuguese - £30/hour
Dance (1 hour minimum) - £35/hour, £40/hour and a half (price per person)
Pilates - £30 (price per person)
Personal Training (1 hour minimum) - £30/hour (price per person)
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach Portuguese lessons at my house in Manor House (North London).
For Dance and Pilates classes, I hire a studio (studio fee of £12 depending on location).
For a group class (2 persons or more) there is no studio fee (price per person).
On summer days, I often suggest having Dance, Pilates and Personal Training classes outdoors (studio fee not applicable).
- When are you available?
- I have a flexible schedule, so I'm sure we can find a suitable time for class.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All levels in Portuguese
All levels in Dance
Beginners in Pilates
Anyone in Personal Training
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Send a message to Maria Sousa
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more