Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.
- Personal Message
- Music, Dance & Drama lessons delivered with enthusiasm.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach the Piano at all levels, beginners through to those who just enjoy playing and would like a bit of a challenge! I teach a variety of styles from Classical to Blues etc!
I also teach Traditional Fiddle - Irish, Scottish and American and can also teach the basics of Classical Violin.
I am a registered LAMDA teacher and teach all aspects of Theatre and Performance. I specialise in Vocal tutoring from show songs through to traditional singing, from beginners to advanced.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an Upper Second Class BA (hons) in Drama from The University of Huddersfield.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have eight years of experience in private tutoring, group workshops and leading Music, Dance & Drama lessons in mainstream and special-ed schools. Due to being brought up in a family of professional entertainers, I have over twenty years of performing on stage and television as a musician, vocalist, actor and dancer.
- How much do you charge?
- For Piano lessons I charge £24 per hour or £12 for half an hour. For all other lessons I charge £25 per hour or £13 for half an hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at my home which is equipped with a Kawai upright grand and Yamaha stage piano, full PA and recording equipment. I am also happy to travel to students' homes but depending on the area a small extra charge may be made for petrol.
- When are you available?
- I teach during the day Monday-Friday, weekends may be a possibility depending on time of day and evenings Monday-Friday can be arranged.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach any age from toddlers right through to adults and I am happy to teach any level from beginners to those wanting to expand their knowledge.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare students for ABRSM classical piano and LAMDA examinations. Other exam boards can be discussed.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do have an up-to-date DBS certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a long standing member of Equity, the Actors and Performers Union.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained as a performer from a very young age and have been lucky enough to learn from some of the best entertainers and performers. Specifically I studied performance with John Britton, Hilary Elliott and Dr. Eric Hetzler during my time at The University of Huddersfield. I studied traditional fiddle styles with Gina Le Faux from being 11 years old and studied piano with Richard Theed.
Send a message to Amy-Rose Atkinson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more