Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.
- Personal Message
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Mandarin (Putonghua) Chinese;
Chinese Folk/Ancient Dance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MSc Education University of Edinburgh, UK
BA, English LLB, International Law Shanghai International Studies University, China
TEM8 (Test for English Majors):Highest Level China Test in Mandarin (Putonghua) Proficiency, China
Certified Chinese Dancer, Beijing Dance Academy, China
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a Mandarin Language Tutor in University of Edinburgh and Confucius Institute for Scotland, to independently teach degree-based undergraduate. I am a professional interpreter for UK-China Training LTD; National Theatre of Scotland; Bostico International CO.. As a experieced language tutor, I have been teaching for more than 7 years, and my students are covering a wide range of ages, from 6-45. My students also include some protected groups, such as blind kids, ADHD kids and developmental disabilities.
- How much do you charge?
- Mandarin Chinese / Translation: 25 GBP/h
Chinese Dance/ Well-being Coach: 30 GBP/h
Discount will be offered for online teaching and group study with more than 2 students
Able to travel at a reasonable distance without extra charge
- Where do you teach?
- Usually I teach at home, but the venue can be negotiated if necessary.
Extra fee will be charged if the venue is outside of Edinburgh.
- When are you available?
- I teach all days of the week except Sundays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach students from a wide range of ages: 6-year old to adult learner.
All levels are welcome.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- HSK (Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced)
University Degree level
YCT (All Levels)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, standard& Enhanced Disclosures, PVG scheme.
Send a message to Meiyi
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more