Online Early Years Education Tutors / Early Years Education Tuition
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Ruth Farrell Burton, DE15
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Rachel deG Earlsfield, SW17
- Esmee CSM Sloane Square, SW3
- Maria Rumney Great Malvern, WR14
- Sara Sewell Paddox, CV22
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Joseph Alexander Marylebone, W1
- David Romero Holloway, N7
- EnglishTutor1052 Kentish Town, NW5
- Miss Olubi Ealing Broadway, W5
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Jacqueline Anderson Oscott, B42
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- Michael Drayton Chislehurst, BR7
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Mrs. Preeti Baviskar North Finchley, N12
- Zaen Huddersfield, HD3
- Jo Anne Newson Pyrford, GU22
- Mrs Thanvi Snaresbrook, E18
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Early Years Education
- Personal Message
- A humanities tutor with years of experience working for London's top agencies, a First Class graduate and a freelance journalist. Previous pupils gone to study at Eton, Harrow, Sevenoaks and Brighton schools. Fully DBS checked.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- When tutoring online I use Skype and online blackboard software.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Being a writer and journalist I specialise in 11+, 13+ (English, Maths, Verbal and Non Verbal reasoning) and English tuition, both literature and language. I also tutor Politics up to degree level (particularly ideologies) and Geography up to GCSE. I am also happy to tutor adults interested in further education, as well as IB students.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- First Class Honours in Politics, The University of Nottingham.
A* Geography, A Politics, A English (Literature and Language) at A Level.
A*A*A*AAABBB at GCSE.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 1st Politics from The University of Nottingham
Private Tuition for Top London Agencies (Gabbitas, Simply Learning, Bonas Macfarlane)
Journalistic and Radio Experience
- How much do you charge?
- £45 - 55 per hour depending on location, length, level and regularity. Discounts for consultation lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- Both online and in person, usually at the students home. In most areas of central london including Mayfair, Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge, Victoria, Soho, Camden, London Bridge and also south east London including Blackheath, New Cross, Greenwich and Peckham.
- When are you available?
- Available most days - day times, evenings and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Most ages - 11 year olds to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11+, 13+, GCSE, A Level & Undergraduate Degree.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- 13+ Common Entrance English - Currently working with a boy on all aspects of the 13+ (English, Maths, Verbal/Non Verbal Reasoning and Interview Technique) and he has just been accepted to Eton. Interviewing for Harrow in the autumn.
13+ Common Entrance English - Ongoing weekly tuition for a boy studying for his 13+ Exam (Harrow/Charter House). English, language skills and verbal reasoning.
11+ Common Entrance - Ongoing weekly tuition with multiple pupils after hours at a prep school in Blackheath.
English Literature & Language Tuition - Working through the GCSE AQA english literature course with a client in West London.
Geography AS Level - Working through the OCR AS level geography course with a boy in South London.
Geography KS3 - Ongoing weekly tuition for a boy at KS3 level (aged 11) - currently focusing on his map skills, homework help and plate tectonics.
Geography GCSE - Ongoing weekly tuition for a boy at GCSE AQA level - currently focusing on plate tectonics, earthquakes and natural hazards.
Geography A Level AQA - With Charlie I mainly focussed on the Unit 3 material of his A2 AQA geography course, specifically Development and Globalisation, Contemporary Conflicts and Plate tectonics. This focussed on both structured lessons alongside his schooling teaching him the material, homework help, exam preparation and also revision strategies.
"I was struggling with my Geography as I was having problems with my teacher at school, but Joe really helped, was very supportive and helped me to get the B I needed to get onto my apprenticeship"
Politics Undergraduate - With Luke I covered Utopianism, both literature and in practice, and also a final year module titled 'Politics in Science Fiction'. This involved regular discussion of the issues involved, essay structure and also revision strategies leading up to final exams.
"Joe was a fantastic help - he knew his stuff, was articulate, fair and easy to get along with and really helped me on my way to my 1st"
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Coming from a family of teachers I realise a non-hierarchical, personable approach in one on one learning is both possible and beneficial. Controlling a class of 30 often means prioritising structure and control methods over learning objectives. With one and one tuition a more free flowing learning experience is possible. Tutors should inspire and educate – but this does not happen in a 1 on 1 situation unless the student both respects and relates to the tutor.
Being a writer and a journalist means I excel at (and enjoy!) English tuition - creative writing, textual analysis and essay writing being my forte.
Send a message to Joseph Alexander
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more