Online Early Years Education Tutors / Early Years Education Tuition
- Sara Sewell Paddox, CV22
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Esmee CSM Sloane Square, SW3
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Mrs Thanvi South Woodford, E18
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Maria Rumney Great Malvern, WR14
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Miss Olubi Ealing Broadway, W5
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- EnglishTutor1052 Kentish Town, NW5
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- David Romero Holloway, N7
- Jacqueline Anderson Oscott, B42
- Jo Anne Newson Pyrford, GU22
- Michael Drayton Chislehurst, BR7
- Stephanie Martin Highbury, N5
- Mrs. Preeti Baviskar North Finchley, N12
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Early Years Education
- Personal Message
- I am a warm, encouraging teacher, who focuses on creating a relaxed atmosphere in order to build confidence and relieve anxiety. I treat each student as an individual and adapt my teaching methods accordingly.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype - I charge £35 per hour (hour long lessons are fine). I have prepared a number of students for the IELTS exam through this method.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach English as a Foreign Language, Business English and Academic English, and prepare students for exams such as 7 +, 11 +, 13+, Common Entrance, IELTS, TOEFL and the Cambridge exams. I have proofread several books and dissertations so am also able to provide assistance with this.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) in English and European Literature, introductory TEFL certificate, Cambridge DELTA, Diploma in Freelance and Feature Writing, Certificate in Short Story Writing.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching English on a freelance basis for twenty years and have taught in a number of different countries including Japan, Australia and Italy. I have taught a wide variety of different people including Premiership footballers, businessmen, housewives, university students and children. I teach EAP (English for Academic Purposes) part time at an International University accredited by the British Council. I am also currently tutoring children in English and Verbal Reasoning in preparation for the 11+ and 13+ exams with 70% of lesson time being spent on teaching knowledge, skills and techniques and expanding vocabulary and 30% on past papers.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £40 per hour (minimum lesson length - 1.5 hours except for children's lessons which can be only an hour).
(Please note that if you would like to study with a friend, the price would be £25 each per hour. There is an occasional extra fee for travel, depending on where the student is located).
- Where do you teach?
- I generally travel to the student's home. However, I can also teach at home. I mainly teach in South London and Central London (UK).
- When are you available?
- Monday to Friday - 8.30 am - 8 pm Saturday 9 am - 3 pm
I also run intensive courses during school holidays if required.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels from young children to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- IELTS, Cambridge exams, TOEFL, Eiken, 11+, 13+, Common Entrance exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I read English and European Literature at the University of Essex, took an introductory TEFL course at the Language Centre of Guildford and also have a Cambridge DELTA from International House, London. I have taken two writing courses and have a Diploma in Freelance and Feature Writing (the London School of Journalism) and a Certificate in Short Story Writing (Writer's News) and have studied Japanese to a high level, passing level 2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
I am a published writer (of articles and short stories) with a passion for words and language that I believe I can share with my students.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach a large number of students but am currently tutoring two Egyptian boys, one of whom has recently passed the entrance exams for the two schools he applied for (Trinity and Whitgift); four Russian children, (one has just been accepted to Latymer School and another to St Joseph's) and a young British boy who will soon be taking the 11 plus exam. I also teach native English speakers, looking to improve their language skills.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning English takes time but it is extremely fulfilling and can be life-changing. I love the language and look forward very much to sharing my passion with you.
Send a message to Mary Thompson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more