Early Years Education Tuition in Woking, Knaphill and Byfleet
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Woking
- Jo Anne Newson Pyrford, GU22
Tutors travelling to Woking
- Svetlana Furlong Virginia Water, GU25
- Jesse Dupre Clapham Common, SW4
- Mrs. Preeti Baviskar North Finchley, N12
- Serena Penn, WV4
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Anna Fergusson Gloucester Road, W8
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Jacqueline Anderson Oscott, B42
- EnglishTutor1052 Kentish Town, NW5
- Miss Olubi Ealing Broadway, W5
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- David Romero Holloway, N7
- Rosemary S L Beard Sutton Central, SM2
- Esmee CSM Sloane Square, SW3
- Michael Drayton Chislehurst, BR7
- Mrs Thanvi South Woodford, E18
- Maria Rumney Great Malvern, WR14
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Sara Sewell Paddox, CV22
- Silvina83 Charing, ME13
- Ruth Farrell Burton, DE15
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Early Years Education
- Personal Message
- You are never to old to learn a new skill, take exams, auditon for work or drama school.
I can help you reach your true potential!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Drama and LAMDA to children aged 5 years to adult and I prepare pupils for LAMDA examinations in: Acting, devised, reading for performance, Speaking in Public and speaking of verse and prose.
5 year olds take step 1 to 3 LAMDA poetry exams.
LAMDA examination result since 2009 are 100% pass rate of 58 distinctions and 81 merits.
Exams held locally throughout the year.
Help with coaching for drama school auditions and scholarship auditions, have experince of working with pupils for whom English is a second language .
Also teach/coach for Trinity Guildhall drama examinations.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) in Performing Arts from the University of Hertfordshire,
Associate Diploma in Performance Arts Teaching (Stagecoach)
LAMDA Performance Certificate in Speech & Drama - Merit
LAMDA Gold Medal in Speaking of Verse and Prose, Speaking in Public and Musical theatre.
LAMDA Grade 8 Acting And Reading for Performance.
Advanced GNVQ Business and Finance
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught in schools and privately for 6 years and have worked in infant, junior and secondary schools both in the private and state sectors.
Have taught at local dance school in Chertsey. I have also run a number of one off based drama workshops. I also prepare students for LAMDA examinations and drama school entry. Also run workshops for local groups - Women's institute, drama groups and charities. I am also a professional actress, role player, medical trainer and qualified NLP practitioner. In addition I also run my own drama and musical theatre school "Newson Academy" offering weekly classes in drama, LAMDA and musical theatre.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £25 and £38 per hour depending on which subject is taken.
LAMDA coaching does depend on the level of exam and how long a lesson. Lessons can be 30 or 45 mins as well as 1 hour long.
There is a 10% sibling discount on weekly children’s classes for more than 1 child attending from the same family and for taking more than 1 sujbect at the academy. Fees are charged and invoiced termly. If drama and musical theatre classes are taken, then musical theatre is reduced. I also run classes for children aged 3 to 18 and adults.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in Byfleet, Pyrford, West Byfleet, New Haw, Guildford Horsell and Woking.
Happy to travel but expenses are extra.
There is a train station at Woking, West Byfleet and Byfleet and New Haw. There are bus services to all locations. Weekly classes of the Newson Academy run Pyrford on Saturdays, Byfleet on Tuesdays and Thursdays plus Old Woking Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach any time during the week, both daytime and evenings, days and weekends. I also teach in the school holidays and half-terms. I also run Easter and Summer schools in Drama and Musical theatre.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- LAMDA classes and lessons from 5 years to adults.
Drama classes Mini Drama 3 to 4,year olds, Foundation 5 to 8 year olds, Intermediate 9 to 11 year olds, Seniors 12 to 14 years, Advanced 14 to 18 year olds and adults Beginners to Professionals plus coporate work. Musical theatre classes Foundation 5 to 8 year olds Intermediate 9 to 11 year olds Senior 12 to 16 year olds
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- LAMDA Examinations in Acting, Devising, Reading for Performance, Speaking of Verse and Prose, Public Speaking,
Trinity Guildhall acting and drama.
Singing teacher for Abrsm and LAMDA musical theatre
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a full and current enhanced CRB as do all the other teachers of Newson AcademyHave attended the Chaparone/Matrons course with SCC - Surrey County Council.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Please do contact me for further information regarding this as I am sure I can assist you via email and even the telephone.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Directory of LAMDA teachers
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at University of Hertfordshire gaining my BA (Hons) in Performance Arts and then continued my training at Stagecoach Theatre gaining A.D.P.A. Teaching. I have attended summer schools at Guildford School of Acting plus LAMDA Teachers Association summer schools.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- An adult student gained work with the RSC voice department.
Teenager gained scholarship to study at Arts Educational School London
Students work as professionals.
Pupil gained full drama scholarship to The Royal School Hampshire.
Adult pupil gained selection as an MEP due to Public speaking coaching.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I aim to encourage and support all pupils who I teach and coach from the youngest to the oldest.
You are never too old to learn a new skill.
I care passionately about the arts being accessible to everyone and love the idea of passing on my knowledge, skills and experience onto
the next generation of actors, teachers or performers.
Drama skills can be used for any profession that you chose, being confident, articulate and professional will be of great help for many years to come!!
Send a message to Jo Anne Newson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more