Online Electric Guitar Teachers / Electric Guitar Lessons
See Also: Show
- Adam Purnell Saltford, BS31
- Dom Martin Clerkenwell, N1
- Josh Geffin Clapton, E5
- Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus Ingatestone, CM40
- Ridgestone Guitar Tuition Rochester, ME1
- Mr Paul Reay BA Greenbank, L17
- Daniel Hart West End, W1W
- Rob Guitar Forest Gate, E7
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Joel Sopel Golders Green, NW11
- Dan Ezard Chiswick, W4
- Jack Lowe Central Sheffield, S11
- Phil Hodge Higham, TN9
- Dan Joseph Teddington, TW11
- Marco Cirillo St John's Wood, NW67
- Leo Crossfield Ramsey, PE26
- Nicholas Schlesinger Turnham Green, W3
- Stefan Joubert Spitalfields, E1
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours) Ealing Broadway, W5
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Freddie Edwards Hampton, TW12
- Tom Clegg Ilkley, LS29
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Electric Guitar
- Personal Message
- Guitar lessons for the new enthusiast looking to learn the 4 chords that teaches you every pop song or the serious beginner looking to become a great guitarist. Lessons can be at the music stand reading from notation, guitar tabs or just by ear.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I come from two backgrounds of guitar:
1) Pop/Rock/Blues - Growing up I wanted to learn every song I loved on the guitar so I could sing them and write similar things. I would print off tab after tab from the Internet and perform away to myself in my room.
2) Classical Guitar - Whilst pursuing my pop/rock guitar I also studied Classical Guitar through the grades and developed classical finger picking techniques and learnt the vast and beautiful repertoire of classical and spanish guitar.
When I teach I like to draw from either or both of these worlds, developing a student as a singer/songwriter or Pop/Rock guitarist or as a Classical musician and sometimes the worlds can overlap.
Which path the student choses is up to them, be it at the music stand learning a graded classical piece to jamming together to your favourite song.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus in Music and Performance at Guildhall School of Music and City University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching privately for 5 years and have had all sorts of students that have had their own challenges but have been great fun.
I have been singing and playing guitar since I was 11, learning every song I could and writing along the way. This led me to form my own original bands and perform across Hertfordshire developing as an artist and singer/guitarist.
It wasn't until I came to London that I started to really develop as a musician learning the skills to read music, understand complex rhythms and harmony and feel comfortable improvising and stepping into almost any kind of music.
Since then I have become a proficient classical guitarist but also enjoy playing Funk, Afrobeat, Samba and Reggae. I am the lead vocalist of a large samba band called Rhythms of the City (www.rhythmsofthecity.com) that play all around the UK and have just come back from gigging in Brazil.
I have also been studying Alexander Technique for 2 years and bring this approach to my teaching making sure the student is relaxed whilst playing, improving the sound and eliminating risk of injury.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 an hour
£20 half hour
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach from my flat in Hoxton (Hoxton overground or Old Street Tube station) or am more than happy to travel to the student's home, Anywhere in London zones 1-3. I regularly travel to Camden, Dalston, Hackney, Notting Hill, Hammersmith, Greenwich for rehearsals and lessons.
- When are you available?
- Lessons can be:
Evening Sessions - 4pm til 9pm.
Day Sessions - 9am til 3pm.
Weekend Sessions - Saturday 9am til 1pm
- Sunday 9am til 1pm
These times are flexible so get in contact and we can suit what is best for you.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have been previously CRB checked.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Performing Rights Society.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I studied Classical Guitar with Antonio Albanes at Guildhall School of Music and studied Music at City University London.
Studied Alexander Technique with Selma Gokcen (Guildhall School of Music).
Studied Music Performance and Percussion with Barak Schmool at City University.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently amongst others I am teaching:
A 25 year old budding singer/songwriter from Hackney the joys of learning four chords that unlock most of her favourite pop songs on the guitar.
A 6 year old who lives in Ealing with lots and lots of energy the beginnings of classical guitar.
Send a message to Dom Martin
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more