Online Electric Guitar Teachers / Electric Guitar Lessons
See Also: Show
- Joel Sopel Golders Green, NW11
- Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus Ingatestone, CM40
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Stefan Joubert Spitalfields, E1
- Dan Ezard Chiswick, W4
- Dan Joseph Teddington, TW11
- Nicholas Schlesinger Turnham Green, W3
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Mr Paul Reay BA Greenbank, L17
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
- Dave J Ford Almond, KY14
- Jack Lowe Central Sheffield, S11
- Freddie Edwards Hampton, TW12
- Dom Martin Clerkenwell, N1
- Leo Crossfield Ramsey, PE26
- Tom Clegg Ilkley, LS29
- Daniel Hart Notting Hill, W2
- Josh Geffin Clapton, E5
- Rob Guitar Forest Gate, E7
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Marco Cirillo St John's Wood, NW67
- Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours) Ealing Broadway, W5
- Adam Purnell Saltford, BS31
- Ridgestone Guitar Tuition Rochester, ME1
- Phil Hodge Higham, TN9
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Electric Guitar
- Personal Message
- Fun and inspiring lessons given by a creative, working musician.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Lessons are done via Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach the acoustic and electric guitar, from beginners to advanced, in a variety of styles including fingerstyle (inc. Delta blues & '60s folk), rock, pop and blues. Additionally, I offer classical guitar tuition, and can enter you or your child for graded exams if required.
I also offer lessons for the ukulele. Becoming increasingly popular, the ukulele is perfect for those with minimal-to-no past musical experience. Email me for more information.
I incude music theory as part of the learning process, and will lay a greater focus on this aspect of music if you wish. I have also helped students improve their songwriting/composition skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an Upper Second Class BMus (Hons) degree in Music from the University of Huddersfield.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am in a professional, actively touring and recording band called Maia. In Maia I have played all over the country and we are gaining critical acclaim as an up-and-coming band to see live. (See www.maiatheband.com)
I began tutoring during the final year of my degree, and continue today with the same enthusiasm and enjoyment.
I also give ukulele workshops at various folk festivals throughout the UK. See my photos for an example (I'm in the green T shirt!).
- How much do you charge?
- £20 / 45mins
£25 / 1 hour
Due to time constraints, I can no longer travel to you for lessons except in rare circumstances and for an additional cost. Get in touch and we can discuss whether home visits are a possibility.
- Where do you teach?
- I primarily teach at my home in Burley in Wharfedale. The room is equipped with 3 high quality acoustics, 2 electrics, 2 ukuleles and a Roland electric piano.
Burley in Wharfedale sits between Ilkley, Otley and Guiseley, and is easily accessible via car or train from Bradford and Leeds.
- When are you available?
- Please get in touch to discuss availability. There are occasions as a musician where I am unavailable due to touring commitments, but these can be negotiated when necessary. I am sure we can arrange an appropriate time..
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages but usually advise that lessons begin no younger than 7. You are welcome to accompany your child if you wish. I am very patient and will explain something as many times as required.
If you are a complete beginner I'm happy to take you on, whether you have previous musical experience or not.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- LCM Classical Guitar
LCM Acoustic Guitar
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. Full DBS (CRB) Certificate available to see upon request.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I began learning music at the age of 6, starting with the classical guitar. I learned drum kit with Geoff Chew in my teenage years, and studied piano with Clare Richards.
I later obtained a 2:1 BMus Hons degree in music from the University of Huddersfield, where I gained knowledge and experience in tutoring 1 to 1 lessons.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Thanks for taking the time to have read the above. Please get in touch if you need any more information or would like to progress with lessons.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Send a message to Tom Clegg
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more