Online Electric Guitar Teachers / Electric Guitar Lessons
See Also: Show
- Joshua Davenport Peckham, SE5
- Cian O'Brien BMus (Honours) Ealing Broadway, W5
- Freddie Edwards Hampton, TW12
- Dom Martin Clerkenwell, N1
- Dan Joseph Teddington, TW11
- Peter Elliot Bushey, WD23
- Ridgestone Guitar Tuition Rochester, ME1
- Antonis Mikelis Edmonton, N9
- Nicholas Schlesinger Turnham Green, W3
- Josh Geffin Clapton, E5
- Marco Cirillo St John's Wood, NW67
- Tom Clegg Ilkley, LS29
- Jack Lowe Central Sheffield, S11
- Mike Martins Highbury, N7
- Leo Crossfield Ramsey, PE26
- Mr Paul Reay BA Greenbank, L17
- Daniel Hart West End, W1W
- Dan Ezard Chiswick, W4
- Joel Sopel Golders Green, NW11
- Rob Guitar Forest Gate, E7
- Stefan Joubert Spitalfields, E1
- Juan Carlos Arenas, MMus Ingatestone, CM40
- Emilio Saev Ascot and Cheapside, SL4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Electric Guitar
- Personal Message
- I create bespoke lessons for each individual student to ensure that they can meet their personal goals as quickly as possible, and have fun along the way!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Lesson can either be delivered "live" at a pre-agreed time, normally with the relevant fee having been transferred at least 3 working days beforehand. Otherwise, students may submit performances by email (up to 50% of the length of the lesson) and will be given feedback and guidance with either a video and/or in writing where appropriate. The latter service is also currently offed by me as learning support between lessons.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- All styles of guitar, bass guitar and ukulele. I teach and perform everything from jazz to rock to classical guitar, and endeavour to encourage students to try out different styles too.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I gained a BA (Hons) Jazz from the prestigious Leeds College of Music in 2008. I then went on to gain a PgCMT (postgraduate certificate of music technology) from the University of Hertfordshire whilst working for Hertfordshire Music Service.
Additionally, I received the Larrivée Award for excellence and was subsequently named a "future star" by Guitarist Magazine in 2004.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught and performed guitar professionally since graduating in 2008.
I currently teach at Parmiter's School; an excellent academy with a music specialism and one of the most oversubscribed and highly achieving state schools in the county. I also take group classes at Grimsdell Pre-preparatory School in Mill Hill. Privately, I have a rapidly expanding student base with studios in both Bushey Village (WD23) and Edgware (HA8).
- How much do you charge?
- Rates for 30 minute lessons are:
£16 each for the first 3 lessons
Thereafter you could chose to either continue paying for lessons weekly at £20, or block book 10 lessons in advance for £180.
Rates for 60 minute lessons (or for two siblings having 30 minutes each) are:
£30 each for the first 3 lessons
Thereafter you could chose to either continue paying for lessons weekly at £38, or block book 10 lessons in advance for £340.
For students with a friend or family member of a similar age and level, I also offer group classes at the same rate but with an additional £5 per student
e.g A 30 minute class for 2 paying weekly is £25 (£12.50 each). A 30 minute group for 3 is £30 (£10 each).
For travel to students homes, there is an additional travel cost of £8-15 depending on location. Please feel free to get in touch for more information.
- Where do you teach?
- Currently, I teach in studios in both Bushey Village and Edgware, and am happy to travel to Stanmore, Watford, Edgware, Radlett, Elstree, Garston, Bricket Wood, Mill Hill, Harrow.
- When are you available?
- Lessons are offered in Bushey Village all days & times except for Mondays and Wednesdays when I teach in Green Lane, Edgware.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I have taught students of all ages; from as young as four to retired individuals, There are no maximum or minimum ages. All styles of guitar, bass guitar and ukulele have been taught up to grade 8 with a 100% pass rate in Rockschool, ABRSM, Trinity and RGT grades with most students achieving a merit or above. I have also helped prepare student for GCSE and A level performances.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
RGT (of which Peter is a member).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. This is necessary for the teaching undertaken in Parmiter's School.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Registry of Guitar Tutors
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Leeds College of Music with Jez Franks & Ulrich Elbracht.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Here's what they say:
"I would like to express our appreciation of your excellent guitar tuition. Our daughter has recently passed her grade 4 bass guitar exam, with distinction. You worked hard to prepare her for the exam, ensuring she had the requisite knowledge and technical expertise to tackle all components of the grade assessment with confidence. She enjoys your lessons, finds your teaching style engaging and values your musical advice. I have always found you to be reliable, punctual and sympathetic to the learning needs of young musicians I am therefore delighted to recommend you as an inspiring, engaging guitar tutor for children and young people"
Ms Pal (mother of school student)
"My son… is enjoying the guitar classes with you and the journey with you so far has been incredible! Quite surprisingly he is practising guitar regularly on his own! Thank you so much."
"Peter has been teaching me for nearly a year now. I've had great fun in my lessons and am surprised how much I've learnt. He has a great approach and always manages to explain things in a way I can understand. Thank you Peter for being so patient with me!"
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I will do my best to ensure you learn to do what YOU want to do as quickly as possible and have a great time doing it!
Send a message to Peter Elliot
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more