Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons
- Lucienne Sharpe Bognor Regis, PO22
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Luke Nicholson West End, W1W
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Judy Duff Charlemont, B71
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Spital, B79
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Emily Kirsop-Taylor West End, W1
- Benjamin Maeurer Richmond, TW10
- Isabel Nieves Crouch End, N8
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- Liam O'Sullivan Thrapston, NN16
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- West End Performer Clodagh London Fields, E8
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
- Personal Message
- For those who want to be understood...
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- You will need a headset and microphone. We add each other on Skype as contacts. I will be online at an arranged time and when you sign in I will take you through the topic you have signed up for, using a programme that we will both be able to see, using Skype's screen sharing facility. For elocution I tutor online using a headset and microphone. You will need a mirror to watch and change your mouth shapes when I tell you too. A webcam is an advantage but not essential. For Drama coursework students may email me copies of their work and I will email back a response. For example, I can annotate notes for essay improvement. Students can also email me video auditions or links to their audition tapes online and I can offer advice. This service will obviously fit around the other tutoring so patience is required!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My main subject is Elocution and Accent Reduction. I also tutor Drama, including LAMDA.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) Performing Arts and MA (Hums). I have held QTS since 2002.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I ran a touring theatre company for three years and assisted several young actors from our productions to enter Drama school. Three past students have now been accepted into RADA, one into Ballet Rambert - cause for a huge celebration! I was a Drama teacher for ten years (including teaching both Jesy Nelson of Little Mix and Harry Derbridge of TOWIE) and alongside this I also took active roles in community theatre projects with young people including running my own young person's theatre group. I then tutored individual students at all levels in Secondary school to enable them to achieve their potential in English. My 11+ tutoring has had good rates of success over the years. I have been tutoring in Elocution for nearly six years now and thoroughly enjoy the challenges. All of my students have individually tailored lessons. I recently had an article about Elocution published in a textbook, was featured in both the Independent and the Daily Mail, appeared on Radio 1Xtra to give Charlie Sloth an Elocution lesson and featured on ITV's 'Accents Speak Louder Than Words' documentary!
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour for my tutoring services. I would be very willing to negotiate rates for groups or pairs, so please feel free to contact me. I accept cheque and Paypal for online tuition. For those who come to my house for their lesson I accept credit and debit card payments using iZettle.
- Where do you teach?
- I am primarily available for online tutoring and I am willing to teach here at my home. I live in Barsham, Suffolk.
- When are you available?
- I have really good availability in my daytime slots right now, my evenings are busy but there is still some availability.
I am available Monday - Friday between 9.30am and 2.30pm then evenings at present from 7.30pm.
If you look at my website you can choose your own appointment time on 10to8, pay easily with Paypal and buy resources that I have produced including an eBook, an audiobook, vocal clip recordings and PDF files.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am willing to teach any age. My speciality is 11-18 as I am a qualified Drama teacher at Secondary school level. I also taught KS3 & KS4 English alongside my Drama teaching and very much enjoyed it although most lessons used Drama to learn English! My Elocution students range from age 5 to age 95!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE / A'Level / LAMDA
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current DBS certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- LAMDA Associate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Suffolk College, Ipswich - Performing Arts degree. Voice tutor - Brian Ralph. Open University - MA in Humanities.TEFL Online Introductory Course.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- 2009 - My 11+ students for last year numbered 5. 3 passed outright, 1 passed the Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning but failed the Maths. 1 I have never heard back from!
2010 - I tutored three 11+ students - all 3 passed. One student was awarded a place at Maidstone Girls Grammar School despite being way out of catchment, one at King Edward's in Birmingham. Throughout the year I taught thirteen Elocution students.
2011 - I tutored two 11+ students online and one in his home. It was a tough year. Two of my students got great results, but because everyone else did too they weren't in the high enough percentile to get a Grammar school place. I had sixteen Elocution students throughout the year.
2012 - I tutored five students for the 11+ and four of them passed. One of them scored full marks for the Non-Verbal Reasoning! This year I tutored over thirty students with varying Elocution needs - many of them taking six lessons or more.
2013 - I tutored Charlie Sloth of Radio 1Xtra! I tutored more international students this year - Argentina, Malta, Norway, Switzerland, Shanghai and Australia! I have decided not to tutor 11+ preparation in the future.
2014 - I was featured on ITV's Tonight programme about Elocution lessons. I relocated to Suffolk! I currently work with, among others, a barrister, an accountant, a merchant banker, a nutritionist and an actress.
2015 - Currently working with a TV Doctor in London, a solicitor in France, a Marketing Director in Australia and a teacher in the Middle East.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Check out my Midwinter Tuition Elocution podcast too - essential for listening to sounds and pronouncing them correctly! Search for it on iTunes or Jellycast. I have also published an eBook on lulu and an audiobook on bandcamp. All of these are easily accessed through my website. NEW - English podcast! Find me on iTunes!
Send a message to Pauline Midwinter
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more