Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Lucienne Sharpe Bognor Regis, PO22
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Judy Duff Charlemont, B71
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- West End Performer Clodagh London Fields, E8
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Emily Kirsop-Taylor West End, W1F
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- Luke Nicholson West End, W1W
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Spital, B79
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Marianne Samuels Bramcote, NG9
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Liam O'Sullivan Thrapston, NN16
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Isabel Nieves Crouch End, N8
- Benjamin Maeurer Richmond, TW10
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
Izo FitzRoy Gold Member
- Hammersmith (W6) View on map
- Last Logged In: 16 Jul 2015
- Sex: Female
- Web site: www.ifvoice.co.uk
- Can Travel To: City of London, Ealing, Haringey, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Richmond upon Thames, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth
- Personal Message
- Izo is an Internationally recognised Acting and Dialect coach and voice tutor. She works with actors, business associates, singers, and speakers of English as a second language to develop confident speech. I look forward to working with you.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am willing to do this via Skype if required
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all aspects of vocal and performance coaching for singing and spoken voice. From presentation skills and public speaking to drama auditions, accents and dialects, performance preparation and technique.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA Voice Studies 2:1 Central School of Speech & Drama
MA European Civilisation 2:1 Glasgow University
Continuing Composition Qualification Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
IPA Phonetics Certificate
Estill Level 1 Certificate
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over ten years of experience as a Voice and Accent coach during which I have worked at Bristol Old Vic, Central School of Speech & Drama, Mountview Academy, LAMDA, ALRA, and RADA working with groups of drama students to develop vocal technique and understanding of accents and dialects. I have also worked at The National, Young Vic and Edinburgh Fringe Festival to support various productions on dialect, vocal trouble shooting, and vocal health.
I currently work with London Speech Workshop as one of their resident Senior Voice Coaches. Working on Confident Communication and Public Speaking Skills. I also teach all areas of practical voice and dialects at Mountview Academy, specifically teaching Speech, Phonetics and RP to the Postgraduate students and Shakespeare and text work to the Musical Theatre Students.
I also allocate my time to charity work at Core Arts Mental Health Charity. Working with patients on a one to one basis - with singers, poets, actors and public speakers of every age and ability to help develop their confidence using Creative Vocal Techniques.
I offer private tutorials at my home in West London or at your home. I also offer small group workshops or lessons via Skype for children, young adults, and adults of every ability.
- How much do you charge?
- 1 hour lesson: £45
When booking 3 lessons in advance, you will get a discounted price at £40 p/h
For lessons in your home, additional expenses will apply.
- Where do you teach?
- I currently teach from my home in West London.
I am willing to travel, I currently teach in the following areas : Shoreditch, Highgate, Camden, Brixton, Soho, Peckham, Chelsea, Camberwell, Stoke Newington, Kensington & Chelsea, Mile End, Bow, Hounslow, Hammersmith and Fulham, Richmond, Kingston, Wandsworth and Lambeth.
- When are you available?
- I am available Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays with occasional evenings and weekends at additional cost.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages/ all abilities
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for GCSE, A level and University Degree & Drama School Auditions. I also coach students who are looking to develop their personal confidence and speaking skills.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Full Enhanced CRB Disclosure (Issued 2012)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- ICV, BVA, VASTA, PRS, MU
- Where and with whom did you train?
- RSAMD with Colin Broom
CSSD with Katerina Moraitis, Kristin Linklater, Barbara Houseman, Cicely Berry, Gilly Anne Keyes
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I currently work as a Voice and Dialect coach at Italia Conti. Teaching all areas of practical voice and dialects to the BA and Foundation students. I also work at Mountview Academy teaching Speech, Phonetics and RP to the Postgraduate students, Shakespeare and text work with the Musical Theatre Students, as well as working at Core Arts Mental Health Charity on a one to one basis with singers, poets, actors and public speakers of every age and ability.
I also currently work as a freelance voice coach with foreign clients, working on accent softening, and with professional actors working with most accents & dialects.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- We all learn differently and I believe that it is important to facilitate personal education in a way that would best suit the student. Voice is such an important part of everyday life and a personal reflection of how we choose to represent ourselves therefore I work in a way that will help provide you with the most confidence in a comfortable, fun and easy setting.
Send a message to Izo FitzRoy
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more