Online Elocution/ Accent Reduction Tutors / Elocution/ Accent Reduction Lessons
- Marianne Samuels Bramcote, NG9
- Dr Robin Wooldridge Edgbaston, B29
- Ric Morris Hove, BN3
- Liam O'Sullivan Thrapston, NN16
- Lucienne Sharpe Bognor Regis, PO22
- Pauline Midwinter Beccles, NR34
- Andy Collins Deerness, DH7
- Luke Nicholson West End, W1W
- Leon Trayman Walthamstow, E17
- Rachel Preece Earl's Court, W14
- West End Performer Clodagh London Fields, E8
- Joanna Gray Elstow and Stewartby, MK42
- Emily Kirsop-Taylor West End, W1F
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Karon Rickatson Derwent, YO41
- Maureen Theaker Bushbury, WV1
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Izo FitzRoy Hammersmith, W6
- Lindsey Pearson Northfield, TW8
- Fiona Battisby Henbury, BS10
- Benjamin Maeurer Richmond, TW10
- Janette Sedgebeer Sydenham, SE26
- Isabel Nieves Crouch End, N8
- Judy Duff Charlemont, B71
- Helen Hendrickson Elocution Spital, B79
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Elocution/ Accent Reduction
- Personal Message
- I am a specialist in phonetics and linguistics. I have developed a unique approach to accent reduction that is both fast and effective.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer online tutoring on SKYPE.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach my students how to acquire a more neutral accent. I also prepare candidates for the speech and communication examinations of: LAMDA, National College of Music and Arts and Victoria College. These examinations cover the following topics: Speaking in Public, Speaking of Verse and Prose and Reading for Performance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- PhD MA BSc CT,FVCM LVCMEd LVCM(TD) LNCM. I read psychology and communication and later completed undergraduate research for which I was awarded a BSc(Hons) by the University of East London, UK (1985). I then read English Linguistics gaining a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and a Master of Arts in English Linguistics from Birmingham City University, UK (2009). I was awarded a PhD with a Major in English Linguistics by California University FCE (USA). I've also studied professional level awards in speech and gained the Licentiate Diploma in Public Speaking of the National College of Music and Arts Est.1894 and two Licentiate Diplomas of Victoria College of Music and Drama Est.1890 - one in the Teaching of Speech and the other in Speech and Drama Education. I was awarded Fellowship of Victoria College of Music and Drama, which is the highest award made by the College and was also certified as a teacher of the College. I also hold LAMDA Gold Medal in Public Speaking (Distinction), LAMDA Gold Medal in Speaking of Verse and Prose (Merit) and Certificate of Merit in Reading for Performance (Distinction).
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching elocution and all aspects of speech and voice for over 15 years. I have worked with native and non-native speakers from all backgrounds. I work with individual clients as well as corporate clients. I have an excellent track record in preparing children - and adults - for LAMDA, VCM and NCM speech examinations. .
- How much do you charge?
- Adults £35 per hour session (one-to-one) £25 per hour session for unwaged. Children £12 per class (one hour class) Corporate: £250 per day plus expenses
- Where do you teach?
- I teach both adults and children at my studio which is in Selly Oak, Birmingham. I cater for individuals who live in the neighbouring areas of: Edgbaston, Harborne, Northfield, Moseley, Solihull, Bournville, Kings Heath, Knowle, Sutton Coldfield, Four Oaks and the surrounding suburbs of North and South Birmingham.
- When are you available?
- Adults' sessions are available Monday to Friday. Sessions can be booked from 8.00am - 3.00pm. Monday/Thursday evenings are also available. There are limited spaces on weekends. Children's classes are held on Sunday afternoons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Children's classes are for students from 8 to 17 years of age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Children and adult clients have the option of working towards the speech examinations of: LAMDA, National College of Music and Arts, Victoria College of Music and Drama.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I hold an enhanced CRB.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of The International Society for the Linguistics of English,The International Society of Phonetic Sciences and Societas Linguistica Europaea. I am an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors and Associate Member of the Academy of Medical Educators.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have worked with clients from a wide range of backgrounds: radio presenters, teachers, business managers, PR consultants, I.T. workers, students, solicitors, law students, medical doctors, nurses, actors, hypnotherapists...
Send a message to Dr Robin Wooldridge
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more