Essay Writing Tuition in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Canterbury
- Sorry no tutors found
Nearby Tuition Centres
- Bright Young Things Canterbury Canterbury, CT1
Interested in online tuition for Essay Writing?Online Essay Writing Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Essay Writing
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced tutor who is currently only teaching online. I have a BA in English Literature from The University of Manchester (2:1) and have been tutoring children for over 1 year. I have also worked as a Teaching Assistant at a state school.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor online via Skype only
English Literature & Language - KS2, KS3, 11+, 13+, GCSE, A Level
Creative writing - KS2, KS3, 11+, 13+, GCSE, A Level
Maths - KS2, 11+
Drama - GCSE and A Level.
University entrance exams
Essay writing - all ages and for all subjects
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have an Upper Second class BA in English Literature from The University of Manchester.
A Levels: AAB (English Lit, Drama, German)
GCSEs: 2 A*s, 7 As, 2 Bs (Maths - A, English Lit/Lang - A*/A*)
I received an A at A Level for Theatre Studies, and now run my own professional theatre company.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I tutor online only via Skype.
I prepare students for examinations, helping them to improve their level of written english, their ability to understand and analyse a text, and their ability to structure and develop an argument. I use past papers and do lots of exam practice in order to make sure they are well prepared on the day. I have taught Edexcel and OCR syllabuses. In addition I teach essay writing skills to students of any subject up to Undergraduate level.
I have experience teaching entrance examinations for Dame Alice Owen, Latimer, Mill Hill and Henrietta Barnet and students I have taught have secured places at these schools. I have also taught 11+ & 13+ entrance examinations for Highgate School, Haberdashers and other London Private Schools. I currently teach a number of students English and Maths in preparation for these entrance exams.
Maths - KS2 & 11+
I teach Maths to students aged 7 - 11, preparing them to for SATs and 11+ entrance exams. I cover all parts of the curriculum, making sure any problem areas are addressed and that the students have a strong foundation and understanding of the subject.
In autumn 2014, I worked as a Teaching Assistant at a Junior School in Shadwell, where I supported literacy and numeracy lessons. This gave me an excellent knowledge of the KS2 syllabus and access to up-to-date teaching materials.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I am an online tutor only. I can teach students based anywhere!
- When are you available?
- Saturdays and week-day evenings. Please get in touch for further details.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- English - KS2, 11+, KS3, 13+, GCSE, A Level
Maths - KS2 & 11+
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- SATs, 11+, 13+, GCSEs, A Levels, University entrance exams, personal statements and essay writing skills.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have one dated October 2014.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I do online lessons via Skype only. I use online facilities such as a Digital Whiteboard, screen sharing and powerpoint to aid these lessons. This is a fun, interactive way to learn and has been very successful in my experience. Skype lessons are ideal for students on holiday or for those who live outside of London or who have limited availability.
Students can also send me essays or other work via email and I will return feedback the same way. This method works well when working on coursework and discussing structure, argument and ideas. Rates still apply as £35 per hour. I keep track of time spent reading work and providing feedback and charge accordingly. Generally feedback on a 1500-2000 word essay take around an hour.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am a friendly, approachable tutor who encourages her students to do the best they can. Everyone struggles with their work sometimes, but with a bit of determination, some helpful techniques and a deep breath anything is possible.
Send a message to Hannah Moss
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more