Essay Writing Tuition in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Canterbury
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Canterbury
- Gordon Jackson Sandwich, CT13
Interested in online tuition for Essay Writing?Online Essay Writing Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Essay Writing
- Personal Message
- My wide experiences in education and other ‘helping’ occupations have been an excellent preparation for doing what I really love: tutoring learners of any age in a wide range of subjects.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Amongst others, I tutor English to learners of all ages up to GCSE, Citizenship, Essay Writing and Study Skills. I can teach National Curriculum Music for primary school children, as well as the instruments noted above. Although not listed, I can also teach certain Personal and Social Development courses such as Assertiveness and Stress Management.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree in Education and Social Policy & Administration from the University of Kent, and a Certificate in Education (Further Education) from the University of Greenwich. I also possess Assessor and Internal Verifier qualifications (D32, D33, D34), the London College of Music Diploma in Irish Traditional Music awarded by the University of West London, and ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I worked as a lecturer and researcher in health education and related fields for six years. From 1999 to 2013 I taught a wide range of subjects in a high security prison. I have also worked as a residential social worker with children in care, a cook and carer in a residential home for the elderly and as the manager of a mental health day centre. For two years I taught part-time the Royal Society of Health course in Essential Food Hygiene. Although for much of my career I have tutored privately in my spare time, it was only in 2013 I decided to focus my efforts on tutoring, allowing me more freedom to pursue my music career.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £28 ph for academic and PSD courses and £30 ph for music courses. In addition, I charge £0.50 per mile for travel expenses.
- Where do you teach?
- Being based in Sandwich, Kent, tutoring anywhere in south and east Kent - e.g. Canterbury, Thanet, Dover, Folkestone, Faversham and Ashford - is no problem. I could travel to Maidstone, Medway, Tunbridge Wells or the Isle of Sheppey etc if necessary. That's a radius of 50 miles or so - I could travel further, depending on the circumstances.
- When are you available?
- I am currently available any day/evening apart from Saturdays (all day) and Sunday evenings, unless of course there is a clash with another tutoring job.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I am very happy to tutor learners of any age.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an Enhanced DBS check dated May 2013.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My 'approach' to tutoring is really more of an attitude: I like to create a relaxed, friendly and encouraging learning environment, whilst simultaneously communicating (I hope) a passion for learning.
Send a message to Gordon Jackson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more