Essay Writing Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Westminster
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Jon Cheung Bishopsgate, E1
- James Harold Old Street, EC1V
- Kevin Boyle Central Guildford, GU1
- riskhurana Northwick Park, HA3
- Alexander Winter Highbury, N1
- Koshka Dee Finsbury Park, N4
- Linda Black Tufnell Park, N7
- Kate McCarthy Crouch End, N8
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Leigh Stevenson Camden Town, NW1
- Niamh Kelly Camden Town, NW1
- Xanthi Barker Chalk Farm, NW1
- Adam Kazmi Hampstead, NW3
- Nigel Singh Frognal, NW3
- EnglishTutor1052 Kentish Town, NW5
- Mrs. Sonia Jallane Swiss Cottage, NW8
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Jrscott Kennington, SE17
- Guy Mavor Devizes, SN10
- Emma K L Taylor RCA SuperTutor Chelsea, SW1X
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- David Ralfe Brixton, SW2
- DevawnWilkinson Chelsea, SW3
- Rebecca Felton Clapham Common, SW4
- Sophie G Sloane Square, SW7
- Ade O'Brien Shaftesbury, SW8
- Fiona Hamilton Oval, SW8
- Tom Secretan Oval, SW9
- Tabitha Suzuma Chelsea, SW10
- Alex Jeffery Putney, SW15
- Dr Abbie Davies Tooting, SW16
- Mary Thompson Streatham, SW16
- Tom Spencer Putney, SW18
- P Chambre Notting Hill, W2
- Dr Tim Pritchard Earl's Court, W14
- Stephen Follows Holland Park, W14
- Anisha Thomas Earl's Court, W85
- Dr Seraphin Bloomsbury, WC1H
- Jo Robinson Bloomsbury, WC1N
Interested in online tuition for Essay Writing?Online Essay Writing Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Essay Writing
- Personal Message
- I believe that absolutely every student can achieve highly in Psychology - without exceptions! Learning can be a real slog on your own - but it can be much easier and more efficient if you know what you need to do.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Psychology at all levels, from GCSE, through A-level/IB to University. I have tutored all the major exam boards, including AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, IB, pre-U and CIE. I have also helped many students through the application process to read Psychology at university, including for Oxbridge and the Thinking Skills Test. I have tutored undergraduate and postgraduate Psychology and related subjects (Cognitive Sciences; Neuroscience; Counselling Psychology). Since its introduction, I have supported students who were developing their Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) on a Psychology topic.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSc in Psychology from University College London (2.1), a PGCE in Social Sciences and Humanities from the Institute of Education (University of London) and an MA Technology and Education (with distinction) also from the Institute of Education.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching in London schools for a decade now, both in the state and the independent sector, and in that time have had the opportunity to teach and tutor students from a very varied set of backgrounds. I have experience of tutoring and teaching those with SEN and EAL, and have developed a set of resources specifically designed to support those with SEN/EAL. In the past few years I have increasingly been contacted for online tutoring, which requires a different approach to face-to-face tutoring, and have found it to be a very successful method for delivery.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer a reduced rate for online tutoring (Skype/email/Google Hangouts): £35ph. Travel charges are £5 plus parking.
- Where do you teach?
- I primarily teach from my own home in Central London - where I have the majority of my resources at hand ready to be accessed should the need arise. I am willing to travel to most locations in West and North London by car. Of course, with online tutoring, I tutor students from anywhere in the world!
- When are you available?
- Please contact me to enquire about availability - for the academic year 2015-16 I have spaces on Sundays and Mondays. My regular tutees do change their preferred timings from time to time, so please do contact me to ask as a slot on another day may open up later on in the year.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE & A-level Psychology - age 14-18; Undergraduate and Postgraduate Psychology - age 18+
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A-levels, IB, pre-U, EPQ, GCSE, BSc, MSc
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have an enhanced CRB from 2010 - only employers are allowed to apply for a DBS for new employees.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I mainly tutor online using Skype and email - resources are emailed to students in advance of the session, which are displayed on both our screens at the same time as we discuss concepts on the phone.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Association for the Teaching of Psychology (ATP)
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Teaching qualifications: Institute of Education (PGCE & MA)
Undergraduate qualification: University College London
(both University of London)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One of my current students is preparing to apply to Cambridge to study Psychology, and we have been discussing her further reading for her personal statement - and preparing for the Thinking Skills Test she will be taking in November. Another of my students (who is EAL and has serious dyslexia) has just completed her MA in Counselling Psychology - and got her 2.1. I'm so proud of her!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Psychology is one of those subjects which requires a wide variety of skills to do really well in (essay writing, mathematical skills, scientific research etc) - but without exception, it is a subject which is probably the most relevant and meaningful you'll ever study in your school career. Getting some extra help from a tutor can really help you exceed all expectations - which is what I've been helping students do for years now. Please do get in touch to ask any questions - I'm happy to provide a free initial consultation and mini-taster lesson for you to see if we can work together.
Send a message to Charlotte Buckley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more