Online Euphonium Teachers / Euphonium Lessons
- H. Leech Charlton Park, SE7
- Fiona Bassett Cathays, CF10
- Neil Doherty Millbrook, SO15
- Ed Roberts Chapel Allerton, LS7
- Dani Rich Fallowfield, M14
- Raymond Hearne Snaresbrook, E11
- Jon Spanyol Highgate, N6
- Duncan Morrell Nidd Valley, HG3
- Christopher Smith Forest Hill, SE23
- Kieran Joy Old Moat, M20
- Rory Cartmell Charlton Park, SE7
- Mark Harrison Farnworth, BL4
- James Harold Old Street, EC1V
- Andrew Connington Teddington, TW11
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Euphonium
- Personal Message
- Lessons should be fun, motivating, and rewarding!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I shall tutor online via a skype connection.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Trombone, as well as Bass Trombone, Jazz Trombone, Trumpet, Cornet, Euphonium, and Tuba, from complete beginner level to an advanced level. I also offer tuition in Musicianship, Classical Theory, and GCSE and A level Music. I also offer services in proof reading and tuition in essay writing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I posses a Diploma of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in Instrumental Teaching, specializing in the trombone, as well as Grade 8(dist) Trombone. I also have top grades both A level and GCSE Music. I am currently studying for a Bachelor of Music degree at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching one to one for the past five years. My pupils have ranged from primary school pupils right through to retired adults, both of whom I have successfully prepared for ABRSM exams, and ensemble playing of all styles.
In July 2013, I undertook and was awarded a Diploma in Instrumental Teaching by the ABRSM.
Since November 2012, I have worked with the Education department of the London Symphony Orchestra on a freelance basis. I have worked on a number of projects with the orchestra, including their 'LSO On Track' scheme, and 'Not(e) Perfect Orchestra'. I have tutored both children from East London, and out of practice adults who wanted to return to playing for fun!
I have also worked with both the Hertfordshire County Music Service, and the Knights Templar School in Baldock. For Hertfordshire, I tutored pupils in their Baldock Music School Ensembles. At the Knights Templar School, I was the Director of the School's Junior Orchestra for two years.
With regard to my own personal background, I have been playing brass instruments since the age of 8. I have studied at top institutions including both the Guildhall School of Music & Drama and the Amsterdam Conservatory, with some of the worlds leading players and teachers including; Mark Bassey, Eric Crees, Peter Gane, Chris Houlding, John Kenny, Bart van Lier, Jörgen van Rijen, Pierre Volders and Simon Wills. I have played alongside leading ensembles including the London Symphony Orchestra and the BBC Symphony Orchestra, and have performed with the National Youth Orchestra of the Netherlands, National Youth Jazz Orchestra of Great Britain, Young Musicians Symphony Orchestra as well as many others.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour, £20 per half hour, and am happy to teach group lessons for the same price split between two. I teach students in their own homes. I offer all potential students a free consultation lesson, which if on trombone I can loan an instrument if required.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at the students own home. I live in central London, so am happy to travel to areas within zone 6, as well as suburbs such as Bromley, and towns such as Watford provided expenses are paid. My home town is Baldock, Hertfordshire. I am happy to arrange lessons at weekends within the SG postcode (Baldock, Letchworth, Hitchin, Stevenage), as well as in South-Eastern Bedfordshire.
- When are you available?
- Due to the nature of my work, I am usually able to fit lessons around your schedule.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach from age 8 upwards. I teach all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare my instrumental students for ABRSM graded exams, however if exams are not for you, I am happy to take a more relaxed approach in a style more suited to the individual. With my academic students, we usually work towards either theory of music exams (ABRSM), or GCSE or A level Music.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do not, however would be happy to obtain one if required
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union, and the British Trombone Society.
Send a message to James Harold
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more