Online Fashion and Textiles Tutors / Fashion and Textiles Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Fashion and Textiles
- Personal Message
- Arty Classes has been set up by Emma K L Taylor as a one stop shop for worldwide students studying in art,fashion and textiles. Invest in a creative 'Super Tutor' with Arty Classes and you can be the best. Lets get creative!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Arty Classes have many students that we provide a on line service for worldwide on a daily basis! Skype and Q&A's are popular.
If you want a class at 4pm Hong Kong time - we will deliver that request!
I would always get back to you within 24 hours and an emergency service is also available. Please do contact me should you wish for more information on this service, we all work in different ways and I can help you find the best method. On line services require pre-payment unless an existing client.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Arty Classes is a one stop shop for creative students in Art, fashion and Textiles. We are passionate about bringing out the best in our students, nurturing their talents individually and as well as in groups. Each Arty Classes ‘graduate’ has progressed in their chosen art/textile direction. We love ‘Arty Classes’ and it shows in our students’ results and career development.We understand that you may need ‘secret help’, and no-one needs to know that you have your very own Arty Classes mentor.
We always have weird and wonderful requests! We love them and never say no! Requests have included: Human Spirograph classes, a paint fight to decorate a room in a hotel, sewing with eye watering clear cut diamonds and stones that were family heirlooms on to a dress for a socialite and couture underwear shopping in Paris for a week!
Popular classes include:
Emergency Creative Support
Interview preparation and techniques (includes confidence building)
The list is endless, so, put your request into your very own secret Arty Classes mentor and be the best!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (hons) Textile Design: Chelsea College of Art;
MA Mixed Media Textiles: The Royal College of Art.
I dreamed of coming here as little girl, I did it... and so can you!
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I was determined to have had my own business since I graduated from The Royal College of Art in 2004. I have produced uniforms for Samsung, Virgin Media, Benson and Hedges, Camel, Mayfair, Trebor (series of special adverts for the Olympics) and Virgin Mobile. I have had exhibitions at The Victoria and Albert Museum, sold works to the Bank of America, GlaxoSmithKline and John Lewis. Current clients are Alicia Keys, H&M, Vanity Fair, James Morrison Lindex, McQ, X-factor, Kurt Geiger, Uniqlo, Cheryl Cole, Daniel Craig, George Clooney, Disney, JWT, Laura Linney, River Island and Adidas.
I have worked for designers here in the UK, in Europe and in America. Matthew Williamson, Pucci, Betty Jackson, Kate Spade to name a few. High profile clients that I do private design projects both interior and fashion are from countries such as Saudi Arabia, China, Russia and America. Travelling to these countries is part of my everyday job
Below are referees from previous students:
J. Nicols at Eton College, Windsor.
Emma Taylor became my textile teacher has taught me for over a year now. Emma has been so patient and kind to me, she is fun, original and interesting. She will help you to see the world, show you shapes, colours, ideas that all come from nature and imagination.That year has been one of the greatest in all my life because she has helped me accomplish so many of my goals; goals that have not only allowed me to stitch great clothes but also helped me grow as a person. She will always be thinking of you and help you. Often she sends you extra materials for you to look at and exhibitions that she thinks would help you be inspired. If you choose Emma, as your teacher make no mistake she will make you work but she will also show you yourself and how fun it can be when you are yourself and expressing that through art.
Lydia Mills, Cockfosters, London
"Emma is an outstanding teacher as well as being an excellent mentor with a delightful personality. She can make the saddest of people smile and an art project worth an A*!"
Lily Mai, Cheam, London -
''I had a wonderful time tutored by Emma! Emma is very resourceful and helpful. A great personality, she is also interesting and inspiring. I am always amazed at her artistic energy and high spirit. I will recommend her to anyone."
Lucy Whelan, South Woodford, London.
Emma is a fantastic tutor as she motivated me so much so I could get to the goals that I needed to reach. She helped me complete a art/fashion portfolio which ultimatly got me a place on a course I applied for at University, which, I just graduated from with a 2:1.With her knowledge and experience in fashion, art and textiles she is a great tutor! I decided to ask for work experience a few years ago with Emma, which has been brilliant as I now work with her as an assistant on photo-shoots with Hollywood stars, pop stars and high profile clients. Its been amazing seeing behind the scenes and shows that putting hard work first really does get you places. What's cool, is that I never know who I will work with next and that's what I call an exciting job!
- How much do you charge?
- Arty Classes are charged at £150.00 for UK students and £200.00 for international students maximum of 2 hours, any hours there after are charged at £50 for UK passports and £75 for International passports. Travel is not within this charge.
I also offer a consultancy service for those wanting to start their own fashion/accessories label or art exhibition. I am happy to work both in the UK and abroad - costs do vary with international travel - please contact me to discuss.
Cancellations fees are applicable if cancelled within 24 hours of booking. Full rate fee is required if cancelled on the day of the original booking.
Working through the night, working in groups will be charged a tiny extra price.
- Where do you teach?
- Arty Classes offers unique support on a one on one basis in the comfort of your own environment whether it be your hotel or your apartment – this way you feel comfortable and safe (and there is no need to carry all your artwork across London or dragging it through airports!) Should you wish to work in another environment – feel free to discuss.
Based in London/Essex, The Arty Classes team travel throughout the UK and beyond. We have clients in America, Azerbaijan, China, Hong Kong, Monaco, New York, Paris, Porto Cervo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, St Tropez, Sweden and Switzerland. We also teach many more various nationalities here in London and are respectful to each and every culture and religion.
Weekly clients are in Paris - so a short trip/long trips are very popular. If you are moored at Porto Cervo - we will fly in and teach you!
- When are you available?
- Due to the nature of Arty classes - we freelance work, so we are able to work around you - even if it is working through the night!
Very short deadlines? Check out Arty Classes 'Emergency creative support'. We have a team of writers and creatives that can take the stress out of your work, sometimes - we simply have to much too do! I totally understand, so, please call me to discuss these options.
International travel would need a little more time if you require me for longer periods - Holidays seem to book up fast with one to one crash courses being requested.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Arty Classes is a one stop shop for all ages and abilities for creativity in Art, Fashion and textiles. Creativity is essential for the development of the right hand side of the brain. With a programme that we invented called secret learning - students can be taught maths, science, English and many other subjects through creativity. Its brilliant!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Arty Classes prepare students for all level of qualifications and always with a smile!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do. I can forward to you as and when requested. It is enhanced.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The Textile Institute
The Victoria and Albert Museum
The Cartoon Museum
The Design Museum;
The Royal College of Art
Chelsea College of Art.
The Arts Club, Mayfair.
The Royal Institute of Sciences
The Elton John Aids Foundation
Tate Modern and Tate Britain.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Chelsea College of Art - BA
The Royal College of Art - MA
The best years of my education as my dream became reality!
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Arty classes have had various students of all ages, abilities and backgrounds over the years each and everyone unique. Starting at a young 6 year old girl in Knightsbridge - teaching her basic arts and crafts and how to use a sewing machine to helping an young Russian lady build her fashion brand and getting her work on the red carpet being worn by influential figures.
Most students study at top colleges such as Central St Martins, London College of Fashion, Chelsea College of Art, Parsons, FIT, Intituto Marangoni and many more.
I usually work with the students throughout their degrees as 'secret support' mentor. Its such a stressful time to shine - having an Arty Class mentor simplifies matters and so you don't stress your parents out! Some students request me once a week, others request me everyday, some I travel with and others I see only over Skype. We are here as much or as little as you wish this is the beauty of a creative 'Super Tutor'!
I also have experiance teaching students with severe learning difficulties. After school clubs are also a hit - especially with the parents who want to have as much fun as the children.
Arty Classes work with all nationalities and am respectful to each and every culture and religion.I am able to bring out the best side of my students and nurture their talents individually and in a group. Each student has progressed in their chosen art/textile direction. Arty classes love teaching and it shows by the students results.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- We are passionate about bringing out the best in our students, nurturing their talents individually and as well as in groups. Each Arty Classes ‘graduate’ has progressed in their chosen art/textile direction. We love ‘Arty Classes’ and it shows in our students’ results and career development.
Why wait and dream to be that next top designer/artist when you can start to be that person today? Contact us and get CREATIVE!
Invest in an Arty Class mentor and be the best!
Emma K L Taylor
Send a message to Emma K L Taylor RCA SuperTutor
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more