Online Fashion and Textiles Tutors / Fashion and Textiles Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Fashion and Textiles
- Personal Message
Business Planning and Consultant.
Art and Textile Summer Group Courses - £695.00 per week
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I set you a bespoke industry style design project and specify deadlines. Work should be sent to me by email in jpeg form. I will give you weekly critiques.This how I work with San Francisco University and private students in China.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Graduated from CSM in 1996
1st Class BA Hons in Fashion with Print.
I teach up to MA Fashion and Textiles
10 years University teaching experience.
Fashion - womenswear.
Sketching holidays on location in London, UK or Bodrum in Turkey.
Cultural studies essays
Applications forms and personal statements
Fashion shoots; including model, hair and make-up, photographer and studio
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) in Fashion Design and Print for Central St. Martins -- 1st Class 1996
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked for
Kenzo, Paris ( womenswear, knitwear, print, lingerie, golf)
Moschino, MIilan ( womeswear, graphics, swimwear, lingerie)
Pepe Jeans, New York ( menswear)
Replay ( womenswear, embroidery)
Oilily in Amsterdam ( childrenswear)
I currently work for myself as a Fashion Textile Designer, I own a textile concept design company supplying fashion houses and retailers worldwide. My work has recently appeared in the collections of Hugo Boss, Monsoon and Urban outfitters amongst others. I will be exhibited at Premiere Vision in Paris this September.
- How much do you charge?
- £100.00per hour
I also offer a consultancy service for those wanting to start their own label or collection.
- Where do you teach?
- Knightsbridge, South Kensington, Chelsea, Notting Hill, Victoria, PImlico, Bayswater, Fulham, Putney, Oxford Circus, Euston
Other areas considered.
I also offe sketching holidays in London and Bodrum in Turkey or other location of your choice if you require a bespoke course.
- When are you available?
- I am self employed fashion and textile designer so we can arrange a mutually convenient time for both of us.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All levels and ages. I work as a part -time tutor at University of The Creative Arts in Rochester on BA Fashion and Textiles.
I also work as an online tutor for San Francisco Academy of Art University on the BA and MA programs.
Additionally I have worked as a guest lecturer at Central. St Martins, Epsom University, Rochester University and Northampton University.
I also offer a one to one mentoring programme for business set-up.
I have taught children from the age of four as well as mature students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
MA Fashion, Marketing
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- A couple of links to look at.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Central St. Martins, London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Student 1 - I have been working with student 1 since she was studying A-levels and I have been working with her on a weekly basis to help her with fashion design and garment construction skills. She was been accepted to study Art Foundation at Central St. Martins and has now been accepted on the fashion design pathway. I will continue working with her on a weekly basis until she has been accepted on the BA Fashion at St. Martins.
Student 2 - I have been working wiht her since she was studying Art Foundation at CSM, she was accepted to study BA Textiles at Central St. Martins. We work principally on research methods, design development skills and portfolio presentation. I also help her with cultural studies essays.
Student 3 - Is studying Fashion BA at Marangoni. I help with pattern cutting.
Student 4 - Has completed a BA at LCF and is currently preparing her portfolio for an interview fo the MA at CSM.
Student 5 - Is studying Fashion Marketing BA at LCF and has help with essays and marketing projects.
Student 6 - Is eight years old and wants to study Fashion BA at CSM, we work on drawing and customisation projects
Student 7 - Is 14 years old and wants to study Fashion BA at CSM, we work on pattern cutting and sewing techniques.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I work principally with students from China, Russia, Azerbaijan, Turkey and Saudi.
I am patient and understand the pressures of being an international student and have experience working with students who speak English as second language and learning difficulties.
Send a message to Esmee CSM
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more