The Tutor Pages free E-book on becoming a tutor
"The most straightforward and comprehensive guide to tutoring in the UK"
Our Acclaimed Guide
First published in 2009, Tutoring: The Complete Guide is our acclaimed free guide to becoming a private tutor in the UK. Updated annually, it is one of the best resources of its kind, having been featured in the Times Educational Supplement and recommended by dozens of university careers services across the UK.
What does the Guide cover?
The Guide is divided into two sections:
- Getting Started
- Effective Teaching
In the first section, you'll find comprehensive advice on areas such as child protection, eligibility to tutor, personal safety, book-keeping, self-employed tax, insurance and self-promotion. We also dispel three common myths about the private tuition industry in the UK.
In the second section, you’ll find a wealth of information, templates and practical advice on one-to-one teaching. Topics include cultivating professionalism, creating trust, learning approaches, motivating students, assessment, lesson planning, working with parents, working with adult learners and much more. You'll also find useful information on areas such as the national curriculum and the UK examination boards.
To get your copy, just visit our members' area and sign up for a free basic account or tutor/ study centre account.
"If you are a tutor, or thinking of becoming one, you should certainly read this!"
Independently reviewed by
teachers at schoolzone.co.uk.
- Business and Accounting Tutor Anywhere (online based) GCSE level
- Common Entrance science tutor Anywhere (online based) 1 to 1, online, through our company
- KS2 Maths & English Tutors Brockley, London. Group lessons, Qualified tutors with DBS
- GAMSAT tutor Sheffield intensive tutoring, sitting in march
- History (Middle East) Tutor London Master's Level - Nationalism in the ME
- Govt and Politics Tutor Croydon A level support required for year 13
- dissertation tutor LEEDS advanced
- 5 Tips for Tutoring Elementary School Students
- Considering in-person vs online tuition
- London Tutors Meetup
- Online tutoring market to grow annually by 13.68%: report
- The Incredible Growth Of The Tutor Pages
- What if every struggling student had a tutor?