The Tutor Pages free E-book on becoming a tutor
"The most straightforward and comprehensive guide to tutoring in the UK"
Our Acclaimed Guide
First published in 2009, Tutoring: The Complete Guide is our acclaimed free guide to becoming a private tutor in the UK. Updated annually, it is one of the best resources of its kind, having been featured in the Times Educational Supplement and recommended by dozens of university careers services across the UK.
What does the Guide cover?
The Guide is divided into two sections:
- Getting Started
- Effective Teaching
In the first section, you'll find comprehensive advice on areas such as child protection, eligibility to tutor, personal safety, book-keeping, self-employed tax, insurance and self-promotion. We also dispel three common myths about the private tuition industry in the UK.
In the second section, you’ll find a wealth of information, templates and practical advice on one-to-one teaching. Topics include cultivating professionalism, creating trust, learning approaches, motivating students, assessment, lesson planning, working with parents, working with adult learners and much more. You'll also find useful information on areas such as the national curriculum and the UK examination boards.
To get your copy, just visit our members' area and sign up for a free basic account or tutor/ study centre account.
"If you are a tutor, or thinking of becoming one, you should certainly read this!"
Independently reviewed by
teachers at schoolzone.co.uk.
- online politics tutor outside the UK for a relatively small fee
- Piano Tuition South Manchester Adult Beginner
- Product Design A Level South East Northumberland year 13 student
- IELTS preparation tutor South/East of England,London one to one at tutors home -homestay study
- Russian tutor London beginner / conversation&grammar
- university English tutor online for a reasonable price
- A-level Biology Tutor Chiswick First degree in Biology/related subject
- BBC World Service: why is tutoring becoming so commonplace?
- Frugal Alternatives to a Private Tutor
- How does a self-employed tutor get themselves an enhanced DBS Criminal Record Check?
- How is AS and A level reform going to affect tutoring?
- More stats: 15% parents have used private tuition in last 12 months
- Why tutoring is not just for posh kids