The Tutor Pages free E-book on becoming a tutor
"The most straightforward and comprehensive guide to tutoring in the UK"
Our Acclaimed Guide
First published in 2009, Tutoring: The Complete Guide is our acclaimed free guide to becoming a private tutor in the UK. Updated annually, it is one of the best resources of its kind, having been featured in the Times Educational Supplement and recommended by dozens of university careers services across the UK.
What does the Guide cover?
The Guide is divided into two sections:
- Getting Started
- Effective Teaching
In the first section, you'll find comprehensive advice on areas such as child protection, eligibility to tutor, personal safety, book-keeping, self-employed tax, insurance and self-promotion. We also dispel three common myths about the private tuition industry in the UK.
In the second section, you’ll find a wealth of information, templates and practical advice on one-to-one teaching. Topics include cultivating professionalism, creating trust, learning approaches, motivating students, assessment, lesson planning, working with parents, working with adult learners and much more. You'll also find useful information on areas such as the national curriculum and the UK examination boards.
To get your copy, just visit our members' area and sign up for a free basic account or tutor/ study centre account.
"If you are a tutor, or thinking of becoming one, you should certainly read this!"
Independently reviewed by
teachers at schoolzone.co.uk.
- 7+ Tutor required w2 London DBS, 7+ exp
- Keyboard Teacher Bromley and Beckenham 4-9 + group classes, term time Mon/Thu
- Support for Year 8 with SLI West Acton, London Experience Specific Language Impairment
- French for school club 3-4pm London, Kingston 5-8 year olds DBS check required
- childrens yoga teacher London 9.30-11.30am Islington, DBS check required
- Ballet school club Thursdays Lewisham 3.30-4.30pm - DBS check required
- English CE 13+ Exam technique Acton Year8
- Effect of Brexit on UK Private Tuition?
- Increase in demand for 'confidence tutoring'
- New advice page for private tutors
- NSPPC: 'Criminal record checks loophole for private tutors must close'
- Successfully Growing Your Tutoring Business in 2016 and Beyond
- What the media doesn't tell you about private tuition