The Tutor Pages free E-book on becoming a tutor
"The most straightforward and comprehensive guide to tutoring in the UK"
Our Acclaimed Guide
First published in 2009, Tutoring: The Complete Guide is our acclaimed free guide to becoming a private tutor in the UK. Updated annually, it is one of the best resources of its kind, having been featured in the Times Educational Supplement and recommended by dozens of university careers services across the UK.
What does the Guide cover?
The Guide is divided into two sections:
- Getting Started
- Effective Teaching
In the first section, you'll find comprehensive advice on areas such as child protection, eligibility to tutor, personal safety, book-keeping, self-employed tax, insurance and self-promotion. We also dispel three common myths about the private tuition industry in the UK.
In the second section, you’ll find a wealth of information, templates and practical advice on one-to-one teaching. Topics include cultivating professionalism, creating trust, learning approaches, motivating students, assessment, lesson planning, working with parents, working with adult learners and much more. You'll also find useful information on areas such as the national curriculum and the UK examination boards.
To get your copy, just visit our members' area and sign up for a free basic account or tutor/ study centre account.
"If you are a tutor, or thinking of becoming one, you should certainly read this!"
Independently reviewed by
teachers at schoolzone.co.uk.
- maths key stage 2 tutor southam for 11 year old child
- KS2 English Tutor London - Kensington & Chelsea Weekly Saturday & twice weekly over hols
- 11+ exam tutor Amersham Dbs, previous 11+ exam exp, advanced
- 11+ verbal/ non verbal tutor London w8 DBS, experienced with groups of children
- help with homework 2x a week Birmingham for 9year old child
- Trumpet &piano teacher London, SW4 DBS rqd or willingness to obtain
- Drum tutor, Hatfield Heath/ Bishops Stortford 10 year old studying grade 3
- Re: Appointment Booking System/App
- Do you want to help reduce anxiety in students?
- Re: piano tutors needed!
- Tutors network
- Advice on writing standards at A Level