"The most straightforward and comprehensive guide to tutoring in the UK"
Our Acclaimed Guide
First published in 2009, Tutoring: The Complete Guide is our acclaimed free guide to becoming a private tutor in the UK. Updated annually, it is one of the best resources of its kind, having been featured in the Times Educational Supplement and recommended by dozens of university careers services across the UK.
What does the Guide cover?
The Guide is divided into two sections:
- Getting Started
- Effective Teaching
In the first section, you'll find comprehensive advice on areas such as child protection, eligibility to tutor, personal safety, book-keeping, self-employed tax, insurance and self-promotion. We also dispel three common myths about the private tuition industry in the UK.
In the second section, you’ll find a wealth of information, templates and practical advice on one-to-one teaching. Topics include cultivating professionalism, creating trust, learning approaches, motivating students, assessment, lesson planning, working with parents, working with adult learners and much more. You'll also find useful information on areas such as the national curriculum and the UK examination boards.
To get your copy, just visit our members' area and sign up for a free basic account or tutor/ study centre account.
"If you are a tutor, or thinking of becoming one, you should certainly read this!"
Independently reviewed by
teachers at schoolzone.co.uk.
- accompanist 23rd March London my daughter's foundation exam
- English Tutor Canterbury Kent For a 9 yr old boy being senco assessed
- Business Studies & Biology West Derby, Liverpool L12 A level tutor
- singing lessons romford essex 3 piece indie/rock band
- English GCSE tutor Bristol Year 11 boy, immediate start
- English teacher key stage 1 Heraklion Crete Greece Qualified primary teacher
- Higher History tutor required Glasgow west end Higher
- Re: Private Tuition UK Research
- Re: Software for Online Maths Tuition
- Re: Advice about a student
- Re: Mother wants to stay while I teach
- Looking for a math tutor
- teaching violin to an eight year old,Guildford, Surrey