GCSE Chemistry Tuition in Dacorum (Hemel Hempstead,?Berkhamsted, Tring and Kings Langley)
Tutors in Dacorum
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Dacorum
- Lee Knowles Hatfield, AL9
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Chemistry?Online GCSE Chemistry Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Chemistry
- Personal Message
- Available now evening and weekends. Learning Physics and the other sciences broadens the mind and changes the way you think. If you have ever wondered "why" then science always has the answer. I am passionate about my subject and so are my students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- GCSE Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Core, additional and triple)
A Level Physics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a 2:2 classification BSc (Hons) Open degree from the Open University and I have Qualified Teacher Status from University of Wolverhampton where I was graded as good.
I am current part way through my MA in Continuing Professional Development (Education) at University of Hertfordshire.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching for over 12 years. I am Second in Science and I lead A Level Sciences and am Physics subject leader in a well respected St Albans secondary school. My lessons are graded as good or outstanding and the passion I have for science has lead to an increase in uptake of A Level Physics at my school which I am proud of. I have a number of students that have gained A* grades at A Level and GCSE. The vast majority of my students have gone on to top universities.
I have successfully tutored a number of students locally and these students have gained a greater confidence and enjoyment in the subject as a result. Their results have increased significantly as a result of my tutoring.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 for GCSE tuition and £30 for A Level tuition locally (Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, St Albans) for areas a little further away an extra £5 is required to cover petrol.
- Where do you teach?
- I usually come to you however I can accommodate tuition at my own home if that is more convenient to you. I tutor in the areas of Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, St Albans, Radlett, Shenley, Borehamwood, Elstree, Wheathampstead, Hertford, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park and Stevenage. I prefer to stay local but will consider Hitchin, Hemel Hempstead or Watford for extra travel expenses and long term bookings.
- When are you available?
- Evenings Monday to Friday, Saturday morning, Sunday mornings. During school holidays I am more flexible and can do day times too.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 11-18, GCSE & A Level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- AS/A2 Physics
I teach AQA GCSE courses and OCR A Level courses at school however I can tutor other exam boards easily as I can access resources for all exam boards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I am fully DBS checked from 2015 and my DBS is Clear
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of Wolverhampton
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I tutored a boy with his GCSE Science for 2 years in Year 10 and 11. He was predicted a D grade and he ended up with a C grade for Core Science and then a B grade for Additional Science.
I tutored another GCSE boy in Year 10 for a year and he has also seen an improvement in his predicted grades.
I have tutored a girl doing A Level Physics for about 6 months and she gained an A grade in her AS Physics course.
I have successfully tutored two twins doing AQA Controlled Assessments, both gained A* grades in them.
Send a message to Lee Knowles
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more