Online GCSE English Tutors / GCSE English Tuition
See Also: English; A-level English; Business English; Certificate of Advanced English (CAE); Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); English as a Foreign Language (EFL); Higher English; IELTS; Key Stage 1 English; Key Stage 2 English; Key Stage 3 English; National 4/5 English; Scottish Primary 1-3 English; Scottish Primary 4-7 English; Scottish Secondary 1-2 English; University English
|Jane Blummers||Harbledown, CT4|
|EnglishTutor1052||Kentish Town, NW5|
|Max Churcher||Alexandra Palace, N11|
|Jim Cooney||Cockett, SA2|
|Olivia Allen||Shoreditch, E2|
|Alistair Buckingham||Meriden, WD25|
|David Beck||Pewsey, SN9|
|Dr Anna Watson||Avenue, HU5|
|Helen McMahon BA Hons||West Drayton, UB7|
|Gillian Crimp||Tiverton, EX16|
|Clemmie||Gloucester Road, SW7|
|Victoria Gardner||Lymington, SO41|
|Jessie Levene||Hebden Bridge, HX7|
|Helen Skarpari||Blackheath, SE3|
|Mrs Bhatia||Gants Hill, IG5|
|Claire Price||Highbury, N1|
|Greg Buchanan||Wallington, SM6|
|David Allerton||Brockley, SE4|
|Bob Adey||Angel, N1|
|Tamara Galloway||Orpington, BR6|
|Thomas R Williams||Balham, SW12|
|Kathy Davies||Randwick, GL6|
|Joseph Wilkins||Southfields, SW18|
|India Ringer||Finsbury Park, N7|
|Jeff Bragg||Sutton Central, SM1|
|Joan Iyiola||Brixton, SE5|
|Dom Preston||Victoria Park, E9|
|Nasheed Qamar Faruqi||Haggerston, E2|
|Liliane||Bounds Green, N11|
|Rebecca Felton||Balham, SW4|
|Sarah Wiesendanger||Ash Vale, GU12|
|Camilla Otaki at Otaki Tuition||River, ME1|
|Philippa Briscoe||Biggleswade, SG18|
|Dr Paul Kilkenny||Bromley, BR1|
|Louise Armstrong||Earby, BB8|
|Dr Richard Williams||Harringay, N4|
|Louise Laing||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Joseph Alexander||Marylebone, W1|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton, DE15|
|Howard Stephens||Llanwern, NP26|
|Rosemary Hector||Manor, BN15|
|Tom Secretan||London Bridge, SE1|
|David Cleary||Whitley, RG4|
|Ciara Cook||Kirkstall, LS6|
|Sofia Ruge||Sydenham Hill, SE22|
|Philippa Rumsey||Ponders End, EN3|
|May Robertson||Blackheath, SE3|
|Love2Learn4Success||Bury St Edmunds, IP30|
|J Preece||Ravenscourt Park, W4|
|Janito||Central Stockport, SK6|
|Catherine Wright||Preston Park, BN1|
|Adam Kazmi||Marylebone, W1|
|Deany Judd||Irvine Valley, G77|
|Victoria Walden||Walton-on-Thames, KT12|
|Harry de Moraville||Henleaze, BS6|
|Dr Judith Rowbotham||Holland Park, W8|
|P Walker||Bassett, SO15|
|Joanne Barry||Godalming, GU8|
|Liam H||Winchester, SO20|
|Natasha Tiwari||Fulham, SW6|
|Sue Smith||Swallowfield, RG7|
|Harriet Bowden||Eastville, BS16|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, N14|
|Helen Duff||Clapton, N16|
|Miranda Sadek||Eccleshall, ST21|
|Hannah Knight||Harringay, N4|
|Fiona Hamilton||Oval, SW8|
|Pauline Midwinter||Beccles, NR34|
|MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition||Central Birmingham, B6|
|Milly Reilly||Marylebone, NW1|
|Kenneth Gibson||Cheltenham, GL50|
|Tom Spencer||Putney, SW18|
|Rhea Ranjan||Clerkenwell, WC1|
|Alice Marshall||Earlsfield, SW17|
|Birmingham English||Moseley, B13|
|Stephen Challis||Hollingdean, BN2|
|Rob Folkard||Wembley Central, HA9|
|B Westerman||Grove Park, BR1|
|Victoria Grigg||Stockwell, SW9|
|Pass Psychology||Offerton, SK2|
|Charles Wordsworth||Whitby, YO22|
|Louise Harrison||Belmont, DH1|
|Helen Colley||Wanstead, E11|
|Jessica Whitehead||Westminster, SW1P|
|Dr Sue||Stroud, GL5|
|Sara Marks||Moortown, LS17|
|Abigail Williams||Archway, N15|
|Toria Banks||Catford, SE13|
|Mr Dhir MathsTeacher||Hayes, UB4|
|Ruth Mitchell||Bow, E3|
|Yvonne Mason||Chirbury, SY15|
|Judith Brennan||Annfield Plain, DH9|
|Jack Renninson||Exeter, EX4|
|Luke Dixon||Colney Heath, AL1|
|Chris Ellis||Capel and Leigh, RH5|
|Laura Pasternack||Ealing Common, W3|
|Sheena Natasha Chan||South Croydon, CR2|
|Karon Rickatson||Derwent, YO41|
|Emma Storey||Fulham, SW6|
|Phil CloudTutoring||Towcester Brook, NN12|
|Victoria Brocklehurst||Canary Wharf, E14|
|Ade O'Brien||Shaftesbury, SW8|
|Emily Bliss||Kentish Town, N19|
|Robert Kiely||Leytonstone, E10|
|James Bone||Carshalton, SM5|
|Faith Taylor||Leyton, E5|
|Dan Wheeler||Battersea, SW11|
|Tania Rosetta||Wanstead, E11|
|Jessica Guise||Totteridge, N3|
|Bianca Bailey Wilson||Brockley, SE13|
|Tim the Tutor||East Grinstead, RH19|
|Alex Wingfield||Highbury, N16|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|Sanjana Cunniah||Leytonstone, E11|
|Amber Armitage||Stoke Newington, N5|
|Paul Grace||Fallowfield, M21|
|Jon Lynes||Thornton Heath, CR7|
|Darren Sargent||Wilton, SP2|
|Seval (Miss)||Cockfosters, N14|
|Anthony B||Ruislip Manor, HA4|
|Aileen Bintliff||Crouch End, N8|
|Mandy Lall||Singlewell, DA12|
|Adaku Parker||Bellingham, SE6|
|Katie Clutterbuck||Hartley Wintney, GU46|
|Alison Sesi||Farley, LU1|
|Stephanie Bain||Fallowfield, M16|
|Becca Marriott||Beckton, E16|
|Russell Keith||Southfields, SW15|
|Paul Latheron||Stoke Newington, N4|
|Tracey Mitchell||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Martin Thomasson||Whittle-le-Woods, PR6|
|Tim Strauss||Preston Park, BN1|
|Mr Dalton||Stonnall, WS9|
|Alexandra Beeley||East Dulwich, SE22|
|Lingua Genesis Ltd||Central Sheffield, S11|
|Linda de Klerk||Herne Hill, SE24|
|Janette Sedgebeer||Sydenham, SE26|
|Dr. Lloyd||Whitburn, SR6|
|Michael Ball||Blakelaw, NE3|
|richardg||North Richmond, TW10|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE English
- Personal Message
- Approachable, creative and experienced English, Drama and Acting tutor. Everyone needs a bit of help sometimes :)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can mark emailed past papers, set practice questions and use skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I coach for Drama School entry auditions. Plus I teach English Literature, English Language, Drama, Theatre Studies and LAMDA.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA Hons (2.1) in English and Drama from The Universiity of the West of England, Bristol. I then went to Drama school where I gained a Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts. Alongside this, I attained a MA in Theatre Studies and Performance from The University of East Anglia. Plus I have 10 A*-C GCSEs and 3 A-C A Levels from Shenfield County High School.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught and directed 5-18 year olds in numerous drama schools around London and Essex for many years. I run drama workshops all over the country for all ages. Plus, I've coached lots of students through their Drama School entry auditions. Having attended thousands of auditions myself during the 10 years I have been a professional actress, it's a field I have lots of experience in!
I have also worked as a freelance Teaching Assistant in mainstream Primary and Secondary schools. Plus, I have lots of more informal experience, tutoring students for Key Stage 2 and 3, and GCSE English.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25 per hour. There may be a small additional fee to cover travel costs in some circumstances.
- Where do you teach?
- I am very flexible with location. I have a cosy little flat in Wanstead, East London where I teach from, alternatively, I am more than happy to travel all over London and Essex - wherever is most convenient for you.
- When are you available?
- I am currently available to tutor Monday - Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and abilities.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Fully DBS checked
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Yes, I am a member of Equity - the trade union for Actors.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- For my Drama students:
I've been in show business for nearly 10 years and have worked in the West End and all over the country in musicals, plays, cabarets and pantomimes. I've been to thousands of auditions myself - each one a learning curve. I know the business and I know what drama schools are looking for. It's my passion. I know how to get the best out of people - it's what I pride myself on :) Plus I have been teaching drama for as long as I have been a performer.
For my English students:
I'm approachable, understanding and easy to get on with - and, dare I say it, I'm up for making things a weeny bit fun! In my experience, if you look forward to a session, you'll get so much more out of it. I've got lots of experience with essay writing and analysing literature - I know my stuff and love what I do. I'm the kind of tutor that you can trust to get down to business and explain things in a way that you actually understand. So much goes over your head when you're studying doesn't it?! Every single one of you are different, so I tailor my sessions to what suits you best. So, whether you need a bit of help polishing up what you already know, or need more specific attention... let me give you a hand!
Send a message to Helen Colley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more