GCSE English Tuition in Islington (Angel, Highbury, Holloway, Finsbury Park, Canonbury)
Tutors in Islington
- Angharad Monk Angel, N1
- Bob Adey Angel, N1
- Claire Price Highbury, N1
- Roisin O'Mahony Finsbury Park, N4
- Will Cartwright-Harwood Highbury, N4
- Stephanie Martin Highbury, N5
- Linda Black Tufnell Park, N7
- Aileen Bintliff Crouch End, N8
- Nicholas Prasad Crouch End, N8
- Stuart Riddle Crouch End, N8
- Ruth Atkinson Archway, N15
Tutors travelling to Islington
- Nigel Singh Frognal, NW3
- Tom Secretan Oval, SW9
- Hannah Knight Harringay, N4
- Sara Cottingham Stoke Newington, N16
- Xanthi Barker Chalk Farm, NW1
- Niamh Kelly Camden Town, NW1
- EnglishTutor1052 Kentish Town, NW5
- Helen Duff Clapton, N16
- Violet Shoreditch, E2
- Dr. Chin Stoke Newington, N4
- Louise Laing Finchley Central, N3
- DevawnWilkinson Chelsea, SW3
- Ruth Mitchell Bow, E3
- Sam Berkson Homerton, E5
- Richard Davis Fulham, SW6
- Seval (Miss) Cockfosters, N14
- Vivienne Strayton Shoreditch, N1
- Emilce Sandra Rees Chelsea, SW3
- Jo Robinson Bloomsbury, WC1N
- Alex Wingfield Bloomsbury, W1T
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Liliane Bounds Green, N11
- Amber Armitage Stoke Newington, N5
- Jon Cheung Bishopsgate, E1
- Carol Robinson Stoke Newington, N16
- Sarah Turtletaub West Hampstead, NW6
- Hannah Moss Crouch End, N8
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Max Churcher Alexandra Palace, N11
- Milly Reilly Bloomsbury, NW1
- Saran Feldman London Fields, E8
- Eleanor91 Shoreditch, N1
- Thomas R Williams Balham, SW12
- Peta Cornish Cricklewood, NW2
- Joan Iyiola Clapton, E5
- Cheryl Gallacher Stoke Newington, E5
- David Ralfe Brixton, SW2
Interested in online tuition for GCSE English?Online GCSE English Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE English
- Personal Message
- An approachable and experienced English and Drama tutor ready to help you achieve your full potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Key Stage 1 - 3, GCSE, A Level English
GCSE, A Level Drama
GCSE, A Level History
Drama School Auditions
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I hold a BA (Hons) in English and Drama: Theatre, Film & Television from the University of Bristol (class 2:1) 2007-2010. I also hold a Two Year Professional Acting Foundation degree from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in association with the University of Kent (2010-2012).
Prior to this I achieved 3 A-levels in English Literature (A), History (A) and Drama and Theatre Studies (A). I have 7 A*-A grades at GCSE level (with high A*'s in English Literature, Drama and History) as well as B grades in Spanish and Art.
I also hold a Grade 8 certificate with the Alto Saxophone, Grade 4 for Violin, Grade 4 for Tap dancing and a Grade 3 ballet qualification.
At the University of Bristol I was awarded the Rapier Scholarship award (2010) for my on-stage contributions during my three year tenure there.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have worked as a Teaching Assistant in mainstream primary and secondary establishments, working closely with students on literacy and numeracy skills. I have also taught 4-16 year olds at top London performing arts schools as well as offering private drama and vocational tuition. I've run drama clubs with lower school students as well as Shakespeare workshops with the Education department at the Royal Shakespeare Company and Shakespeare at the Tobacco Factory (Bristol). Additionally I've assisted in LAMDA examinations and short courses, tutoring drama school applicants with their audition speeches, covering a range of classical texts to contemporary plays. I ran workshops in LAMDA's summer school in the short courses 'Audition Technique' and 'Introduction to Drama School'. I am familiar with the most commonly taught exam syllabuses and am confident in ticking off the assessment objectives for every subject I tutor in and every exam I help prepare for. I have worked as a freelance tutor since graduating from Bristol University in 2010.
My most recent exploit was running and performing in a poetry workshop for Year 9 students who partook in RSC Poetry Day at the Swan Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £25.00 per hour (£30.00 for A-level tuition). There may be a £5.00 travel supplement in some cases.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach at wherever is most convenient for you in and around the London area, whether that's at your home or mine or somewhere in between. I would be willing to travel to neighbouring locations situated around the Greater London region.
- When are you available?
- I am available any time during the week and weekends. I am also available during school and public holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and abilities up to A-level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Key Stage Exams
11+ and 13+ Exams (Secondary School Entrance)
I also prepare students for vocational courses like drama school applications or LAMDA examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes, I have just submitted for a DBS disclosure certificate which I will endeavour to carry with me to all tutoring sessions.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have an inbuilt web-cam and Skype for my laptop which I've utilized specifically for online Tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Equity (Actor's Union)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I am currently tutoring Year 9 students in Stratford-upon-Avon in English Literature and English Language but specifically with Shakespearean text through the Education department of the RSC. I also have been running practical workshops, the last being a session on 'Romeo & Juliet'. I have an A-level English Literature student in Stratford-upon-Avon who is looking to go on to train as an actress at the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art. I am assisting her with two audition speeches, one a classical Shakespearean text and the other modern, a Dennis Kelly play. My last student in London I helped with his comprehension and poetry for his 11+ English exam. His ambition is to advance toward admittance into Sutton Grammar school.
I successfully gained a student access to Queen Elizabeth secondary school, London, through entrance examination preparation of Verbal Reasoning and English at 11+ level.
I successfully guided another student through his GCSE examinations at Dwight Upper school, London, where he is remaining for A levels.
One of my students obtained a place at Mill Hill School after successful preparation in his 13+ English.
A history student of mine recently obtained an A grade in his AS level history at Highgate Wood school, London.
Current students are currently undergoing assistance with English language, literature and essay structure and management.
All are progressing well and have found our sessions highly beneficial.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I strongly believe that my friendly and understanding approach to you and your work makes me a tutor than you can build a strong and trusting rapport with. Whether it is working for a specific grade or simply strengthening and confirming what you already know to get you up to scratch in the classroom I will listen with a commitment to helping with the areas that I detect need work. So what are we waiting for? Let's get started!
Send a message to Nicholas Prasad
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more