GCSE History Tuition in Barnet (Edgware, Finchley, Hendon, Mill Hill and Golders Green)
Tutors in Barnet
Nearby Tuition Centres
- North Finchley Tuition Services West Finchley, N12
Tutors travelling to Barnet
- LauraB Clapton, N15
- Hannah Knight Harringay, N4
- Kenneth Gibson Cheltenham, GL50
- Alice Marshall Earlsfield, SW17
- B Westerman Grove Park, BR1
- Gary Mitchell Southbourne, BH6
- Gareth Pr Aylesbury, HP19
- Alistair Buckingham Meriden, WD25
- Mr Dhir MathsTeacher Hayes, UB4
- Katrina Durber Westminster, SW1P
- Rod Freeman Winnersh, RG41
- Philippa Rumsey Ponders End, EN3
- Phil CloudTutoring Barby and Kilsby, CV23
- Nicholas Prasad Crouch End, N8
- Richard Magee Warwick, CV34
- Faith Taylor Leyton, E5
- Tom Haggerty Boroughbridge, YO51
- Yvonne Mason Montgomery, SY15
- Milly Reilly Marylebone, NW1
- Harry de Moraville Henleaze, BS6
- Dr Abbie Davies Furzedown, SW16
- Ade O'Brien Shaftesbury, SW8
- Tamara Galloway Orpington, BR6
- Alexandra Beeley East Dulwich, SE22
- Bob Adey Angel, N1
- Joseph Kelly Turnham Green, W4
- Stephanie Martin Highbury, N5
- Emma Storey Fulham, SW6
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Paul Grace Fallowfield, M21
- Dr Judith Rowbotham Holland Park, W8
- Harriet Swift-Marshall Devizes, SN10
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Rebecca Felton Balham, SW4
- Dr Richard Williams Harringay, N4
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE History
- Personal Message
- I am a British academic, author, and tutor, with degrees from the universities of London, Jerusalem, and Cambridge.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I tutor in History, Politics, International Relations, English, conversational Hebrew, Religious Studies, General Studies, and Critical Thought. I am, however, happy to consider all enquiries within my general areas of interest, and experience. I am also available for dissertation consultation, proofreading, and help in exam and essay writing.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BA (Hons) from University College London in Hebrew, and Middle Eastern Studies, an MA in Social Science from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, where I was awarded a Golda Meir Fellowship, an MPhil in International Relations from the University of Cambridge, where I won a Donner Prize in Atlantic Studies, and a PhD from King's College London.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- A former Teaching Fellow at King's College London, I have taught courses on the Arab-Israeli conflict, US and British foreign policy in the Middle East, War and Peace in the Middle East, and inter-faith relations in the Mediterranean. I was Peer Tutor in Hebrew at University College London, where I was awarded the departmental prize for excellence, and I have tutored privately in Britain, and abroad. Author of Israel and the Cold War (I.B.Tauris, 2013), I write for several academic journals, and review for the Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge between £50-£70 per hour, depending on the level required. For tuition outside London, travel arrangements will be confirmed before the first session. Group discounts can be discussed.
- Where do you teach?
- I travel to the tutees' homes. I am happy to travel to all areas of London, and will consider requests outside London, and abroad.
- When are you available?
- I tutor every day of the week.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I tutor all ages and levels, from 14 upwards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- GCSE, AS, A, IB, Highers, University. I also cater for the casual learner.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have enhanced DBS clearance from August 2015.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My tutoring style is relaxed, interactive, theme-based, and multi-disciplinary. I pay particular attention to a student's self-confidence, and self-expression, which often serve as catalysts for enhanced self-belief and, hence, success.
Send a message to Dr Howard A. Patten
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more