Online GCSE ICT Tutors / GCSE ICT Tuition
See Also: Show
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE ICT
- Personal Message
- I am a qualified secondary Mathematics teacher with additional special needs qualifications and I offer tuition in a range of subjects.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I have access to email, Internet and Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- 11 Plus Mathematics, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
13 Plus Common Entrance Mathematics and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Mathematics to GCSE
IT/Computing to GCSE, AS and A Level
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Bachelor of Education in Secondary Mathematics and a Diploma in Special Education as well as accreditation as an NVQ and GNVQ Assessor.
I have also completed an Open University Mathematics Foundation Course, Science Foundation Course and second level Computing Course.
I also have a City & Guilds qualification in Programming.
I am also a Certified Trainer for Dragon Speech Software.
I am a memeber of The Association of Teachers & Lecturers (Trade Union) as well as The Association of Teachers of Mathematics.
I have Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance cover.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Secondary school and FE teaching experience as well as 16 years experience of one-to-one training on specialist software packages. I have also several years experience of private tuition.
- How much do you charge?
- An introductory session costs £20.00 for 11+ and GCSE and £25.00 for AS and A Level.
A single 'one off' session is £33.00 for 11+, 13+ and GCSE and £38.00 for AS and A Level
For booking 5 or 10 sessions and paying in advance, a discount applies of £2.00 per lesson for 5 lessons and £4.00 per lesson for 10.
Further discounts are available for larger blocks of lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I am partially sighted so I cannot drive, so students travel to me for tuition.
- When are you available?
- Monday to Friday 10 am until 7 pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 11+ upwards
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11 Plus
13 Plus Common Entrance
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- B.Ed at University of Northumbria
Dip.Ed University of Birmingham
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Most students have completed GCSE and the recent 11+ examinations. I have one student who will be taking Common Entrance soon, and all other students are new as we are at the beginning of the academic year.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am very patient and will explain something as many times as you need me to. I don't get frustrated or angry and I try to keep the lesson from getting stale or boring.
Send a message to Brian Cairnie
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more