GCSE Maths Tuition in Bournemouth
Tutors in Bournemouth
Tutors travelling to Bournemouth
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Maths?Online GCSE Maths Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Maths
- Personal Message
- I am a professional full-time tutor. In addition to my private tutees I also tutor in state maintained schools. I have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with experience of teaching and tutoring maths and physics at GCSE & AS/A2 level.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Mathematics and Physics at GCSE, IGCSE and AS/A2. In respect of AS/A2 Maths I have experience of delivering: C1,C2,C3,C4, M1,M2,M3,S1,FP1,FP2. Experience includes the following exam boards: AQA, Edexcel, OCR, and others.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc Maths/Physics, PGCE (Post Graduate Teacher Training), MSc Physics, PgDip Electronics, MBA.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience in teaching mathematics and physics at GCSE and A level in both state schools and the private sector. I have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and have experience of both classroom teaching and individual and small group tutoring. I have conducted hundreds of intervention tutorials at the request of local schools and am covered by Public Liability Insurance.
- How much do you charge?
- £35/hr for GCSE £35/hr for AS/A2 level
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at the student's home if the student is located in Bournemouth, Poole or nearby. I also teach in Bournemouth Public Library and over the internet with an interactive whiteboard and Skype. I have conducted home visits in Canford Cliffs, Sandbanks, Lilliput, Westbourne, Southbourne, Charminster, Talbot Heath, Parkstone and other locations around Bournemouth and Poole. Also, please visit my website to find more details about the benefits of on-line tutoring.
- When are you available?
- I tutor 9.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday and also tutor some students at weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I help students both at GCSE and A level. However, perhaps most of the work I do is with A level students helping them to achieve the target grades they need for entrance to university.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for A level and GCSE maths and physics exams. I also have experience of preparing students for iGCSE and Further Maths exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a recent and Enhanced DBS.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer online tutoring using Skype and a web based shared whiteboard. Tutees will need a web cam and microphone along with a broadband connection. Skype can be downloaded free. No other software is required because the interactive whiteboard is web based.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My teacher training (PGCE) was undertaken at Nottingham University and in a neighbouring state school. I was offered positions in both the maths and physics departments of this school at the conclusion of my teaching practice.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Whilst I can offer a formal structured programme of tutorials I also recognise that tutees often want a more flexible approach - perhaps wanting to cover particular topics within the syllabus that they find challenging as and when they arise in their school/college work. Whatever the circumstances, my aim is always to respond to the individual needs of my tutees. Exam technique is always a hot topic particularly in the run up to mocks or the final examinations. I help my tutees identify which techniques to use and how to apply them and with a little patience it is great to see progress in their performance as their confidence grows.
Send a message to Peter Swain
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more