GCSE Maths Tuition in Bournemouth
Tutors in Bournemouth
Tutors travelling to Bournemouth
- Mark Gardner Boldre and Sway, SO41
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Maths?Online GCSE Maths Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Maths
- Personal Message
- I am a very keen, young and enthusiastic person who loves to teach! I have plenty of experience teaching, having worked with many pupils over the past couple of years. Due to me being young, students have a different experience of tutoring.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- My main subject is Mathematics, however can teach English at KS2 level, helping students prepare for their SAT's. I can also teach science up to KS3 level, and can teach Geography and Mathematics right up to GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have ten GCSE's all at grade B or above, including two A*'s and two A's. I am just about to finish my A-Level studies, I have an AS level in Drama and Theatre Studies. I am in my final year of A-Levels studying Mathematics, Geography and Physics. Next year I am due to start my teacher training at University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have volunteered in schools for the past couple of years due to my passion and love for teaching. I currently volunteer at two local schools, one primary and one secondary. I often work with children who are struggling in mainstream school or disruptive and I work with them individually to help bring them up to scratch in my particular subjects. I also have tutored a few students over the past couple of years who know me and know that I love teaching and therefore more than willing to help them and they find my sessions very helpful.
Often students are resentful at having a tutor outside of school, but because of my young and friendly personality, students don't see me as a teacher but as someone who is there to make their learning fun and interesting, but at the same time get the results that are needed and expected of the pupil.
- How much do you charge?
- I love teaching and tutoring is my passion, therefore my prices are extremely reasonable. I have all the books the child will need. I charge £10 per hour for KS2 level, £12 for KS3 level and £18 for GCSE level. I have been tutored myself before and I know how demanding having an extra tutor session outside of school, therefore do not recommend anything more than one hour at any time. I want the students to look forward to my help, not to look forward to it being over! I am happy to make a deal with you on prices, please phone me or email me and we can discuss options.
- Where do you teach?
- I really prefer to teach at a local library, simply because it creates the prefect atmosphere for a tutoring session. The room is quiet, there are no distractions like there are at home, however I can travel to your home if you would prefer for the session to take place there.
- When are you available?
- I am available after 15:30 Monday - Friday each week. I am available between 11:00 and 17:00 Saturday and Sundays. Regarding school holidays, sessions can be arrange and discussed prior to the holidays occurring as I know everybody likes a break!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach levels KS2 right up to GCSE.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. I have an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One of my current students has had a particularly bad start in life. He struggled through primary school, pushing the school to its boundaries with his behaviour. He's just started secondary school now and his guardians felt he needed somebody that can help him this year, as he is quite behind in his academic abilities. He loves our sessions and very much looks forward to them, simply because we take our time, I talk to him about his week and how he's getting on at school and don't expect him to work solidly for the whole hour. He's progressing very well!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I am young, reasonable and simply want my students to look forward to our sessions. I help them where they need it. I am genuinely tutoring for the love of teaching, I hope to hear from you soon.