Online GCSE Physics Tutors / GCSE Physics Tuition
|Samuel Thewlis||Bridgwater, TA6|
|Andrew Gibson||Sherwood, NG3|
|Alan Evans||Warley, CM14|
|MR S A Y ALI Private Tuition||Central Birmingham, B6|
|S. Barton-King||Turnpike Lane, N17|
|Harri Parish||Brixton, SE24|
|D & A Tuition||Chingford, E4|
|David Gardner||Summertown, OX2|
|Dr John Hudson||Radlett, WD7|
|Lottie Greenhow||Queens Park, MK40|
|Mike Brown||Hadleigh, SS7|
|Soheb Alam||Ponders End, EN3|
|Andrew Garratt||Newport, PO30|
|P Walker||Bassett, SO15|
|Dr M A Choudhry||Hammersmith, W6|
|Michael M.||West Twickenham, TW2|
|Bea Tamizi||Letchworth Garden City, SG6|
|Bob Carroll||Central Bristol, BS15|
|Mike George||Great Amwell, SG13|
|Dr Andrew Levick||Hampton, TW12|
|Sophie Brooks||Brixton Hill, SW2|
|richardg||North Richmond, TW10|
|Dr C Maselkowski||Hanneys, OX12|
|Dr Rajandra Shah||Rushmills, NN1|
|Ken Wilkinson||Westbury-on-Trym, BS9|
|Bella Rocca||Northfield, W5|
|Dr Alan Gray||Sighthill, EH11|
|Deep Lidder||Notting Hill, W8|
|Dr Martine Hooper||Foxhills, KT16|
|Jeel Shah||Wembley Central, HA0|
|Saheed Busari||Deptford, SE8|
|Dr Freeman||Central Edinburgh, EH7|
|Jay||London Colney, WD7|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Abi Mogul||Perivale, HA0|
|Dr James Lambert||Bayswater, W2|
|Stathis Stefanidis, Director||Turnham Green, W4|
|Dr Paul Kilkenny||Bromley, BR1|
|Dr Zac||Southfields, SW18|
|Ben Hanson||Halifax, HX5|
|Hellen Frost||Greenhill, CT6|
|David Doran||Shaftesbury, SW11|
|Raj Jain||Stanmore, HA8|
|Tim the Tutor||East Grinstead, RH19|
|Lyndsay Baker||Banbury, OX16|
|Francis Norman||Burrator, PL7|
|Linda Powell||West Bergholt, CO3|
|Michael Joel||Turnham Green, W4|
|Vesna Sarajcic||Bishopsgate, E1|
|Rob Folkard||Wembley Central, HA9|
|Cathy Bear||Victoria, SW1|
|Dr James Deeny||Deptford, SE8|
|Dr Gansham Halai||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Nick Osborne||Battersea, SW1P|
|Adam Kazmi||Marylebone, W1|
|Sunder Annamraju||Lovelace, KT11|
|Dr Gordon Braddock||Emsworth, PO10|
|Mr Vikram||Gants Hill, IG5|
|Dr. Victor Bluett||Nonsuch, SM2|
|Simon Berrie||Paddington, W2|
|Peter Adey||Walkden, M28|
|Mrs Bhatia||Gants Hill, IG5|
|Dr Alice Crawford||Hainault, IG8|
|Joana||Central Bournemouth, BH1|
|Doug||Thames Ditton, KT7|
|Gareth Pr||Aylesbury, HP19|
|Daniel Hill||Balham, SW17|
|C Sibley||Shrub End, CO2|
|Dr Chris M.||Holloway, N7|
|Paul Bains||Brunel, UB10|
|Dr Parikh||Carfax, OX1|
|Haran||Harrow on the Hill, HA2|
|Mark Parris||South Norwood, SE25|
|Adam Willis||Fladbury, WR10|
|Dr Sheikh||Westcotes, LE2|
|J.Virdee||Ruislip Manor, HA4|
|Mark Scates||Noak Hill, RM3|
|Dr Emma Morgan||Trumpington, CB2|
|Emma Mines||King's Hedges, CB4|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Physics
- Personal Message
- I work with young people from all over Devon, helping them achieve their goals whether that be a C at GCSE maths or entry to medical school after A-Levels. I now also offer EFL tuition
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can now offer skype lessons for students from further afield. These work best however if there is some 'face-to-face' lessons as well!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Maths and Sciences (separate, or dual award) from KS3 to GCSE. I also teach Biology, Human Biology and Chemistry at A-Level. I now also offer lessons in English to Speakers of other Languages (ESOL, EFL). Recently I have been involved in more diverse education, including numeracy lessons for PGCE students, and Medical English for healthcare workers for whom English is not their first language.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a science degree, a BSc(Hons) in Biomedical Sciences (Physiology and Pharmacology) from the University of Southampton. I have several training, coaching and mentoring qualifications gained since, for my work training adults. These include the CIPD Certificate of Training Practice. I recently qualified as a teacher in English as a Foreign Language, through the CELTA qualification.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been working as a personal tutor for almost 10 years now, and in that time I have helped over 300 students exceed their expectations in GCSE and A-Level examinations.
- How much do you charge?
- Lesson fees are calculated according to age, but range between £35 and £40 per hour. I do make a supplementary charge for travelling, if I come to you, which depends on your location. I do offer group lessons, and prices for these vary greatly, but are usually around £15 to £20 per hour. Our first meeting will be a free consultation, where we discuss areas of strength and areas for development, and put together a plan. We also look at 'How you like to learn', as people learn in many different ways. By knowing your preferred 'learning style', I can make sure our lessons are as fun, memorable and interesting as possible.
- Where do you teach?
- I live in central Exeter, right in the heart of Devon, and offer lessons at a dedicated classroom facility in Heavitree, close to Exeter School, The Maynard and St Peter's School. I can also travel to areas outside of Exeter, including Exmouth, Newton Abbot, Ottery St Mary etc. In special circumstances I am happy to travel further afield, to Plymouth, Torbay etc
- When are you available?
- I am available from 9am to 8pm every week day, from 9am til 1pm on Saturdays, and from 2pm til 7pm on Sundays. This includes school holidays. I teach from a dedicated learning centre close to St Peter's School, Exeter School and the Maynard, so lessons can be arranged to fit in with free periods and lunch hours! The popular after school sessons tend to fill up early in the Autumn term, so contact me as soon as possible to secure a space!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From KS2 up to A-Level, I also have experience tutoring students undertaking access courses for entry to higher education. For EFL learners, I teach at all levels, including preparations for IELTS exams.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- In general, I have recently been involved with everything from SATS to Coursework, GCSE and A-Level modules, and even UCAS applications and personal statements!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes. My DBS certificate was issued in May 2014, and the reference code will be provided on request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and also the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I'm so lucky to have a brilliant group of students at the moment, a real mixed bag of ages, backgrounds and abilities. Almost all of them are preparing for GCSE and A-level modules at the moment, so we're having lots of group tutorials for different subjects and levels. These are excellent fun, really energetic and allow everyone to revise key concepts in new ways; nothing is worse for revision than boredom!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- 30th August 2014- An update! Today has been a wonderful day! I am so thrilled to report that my students have achieved the most fantastic A-Level results, and 95% securing places at their first choice University, with the remaining 1 student into their second choice University. With competition for places increasing year on year, this is the most fabulous news, and I'm so proud of them all! And for me, that's what its all about; opening the door to the next stage in your academic journey!
Its exciting to think that today's results have started the development of the next generation of architects, midwives, doctors, biochemists, psychologists and astrophysicists (!) to name just a few of the professions my students have set their sights on!
AS students have also made me incredibly proud this year, with a cracking set of year 12 module results. They will now go on into year 13 with a solid foundation to build on, and grades that will appeal to University admission departments when the UCAS forms go in! I look forward to working with them all over the coming months, and posting their success stories next year!
GCSE students have also done a fantastic job this year, with the best set of results to date. Every single student exceeded their predicted grade, some by 3 whole grades, which was absolutely wonderful news! They have all secured places into their choices of post-16 education, and I look forward to working with some of them as they progress through their A levels and beyond!
Send a message to Becky
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more