GCSE Physics Tuition in Shropshire (including Shrewsbury and Oswestry)
Tutors in Shropshire
- Mark H Ludlow, SY8
Tutors travelling to Shropshire
- Rachel Welton Kidderminster, DY14
Interested in online tuition for GCSE Physics?Online GCSE Physics Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for GCSE Physics
- Personal Message
- I am 52 years old, and married with children. I teach Physics at Herefordshire & Ludlow College and enjoy sharing my enthusiasm for Maths, Physics and Engineering.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering topics, Excel, Technical communication
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA, Cambridge University, 1988
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been a part-time professional tutor since 2006, and have taught over 100 students since then, mostly on extended courses leading to exams. I have recently been awarded a Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS). I have experience teaching international students and business professionals.
- How much do you charge?
- Free initial meeting and assessment of student requirements at my home.
- Where do you teach?
- Usually from home in Ludlow. In special circumstances I travel to students' homes, usually for extended lessons (2 hours or more).
- When are you available?
- Monday to Saturday. From Monday to Friday during term time I am generally available from 4pm, on Saturdays and outside term from 10 am.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- From 11 upwards (including adults) for scholarships/common entrance, GCSE, A-level and University level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for entrance/scholarship exams, GCSE, IGCSE and A-levels.
At University level my subjects are Engineering (most branches) and any technical subjects.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes (2012).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I offer a service where a student sends me questions by email. I prepare detailed worked solutions to the questions and notes for the student's reference. I also provide written critiques to a student's own worked solutions sent by email. This service must be pre-arranged with the student well in advance.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Society for Education and Training, Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Association of Christian Teachers.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Cambridge University BA & MA in Engineering
Teacher training at Ludlow College, where I now work part-time.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My principle is summed up as "Solving a problem simply means representing it so as to make the solution transparent" (H A Simon). I aim to give students the confidence to take ownership of their own learning, and provide them with the techniques to do themselves justice in exams.
Send a message to Mark H
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more