Online Gifted and Talented Tutors / Gifted and Talented Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Gifted and Talented
- Personal Message
- I am a RADA trained actor. I have a current knowledge of the audition process at RADA having recently worked on the audition panel. I teach/coach on a person to person basis & will tailor classes to your exact needs.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I am happy to tutor online or arrange phone sessions pre audition. I always feel that face to face is important for acting work
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Acting , Writing, Devising
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I trained on the 3 Year BA at RADA. prior to this I received a BA Hons in English and Theatre Studies from Trintiy College Dublin
I co-run a theatre company called OtherFoot- Our first play was accepted into several West End Festivals and long listed for BBC and IdeasTap writing awards.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Freelance Acting Coach - RADA and Various
Specialise in drama coaching to improve acting and communication skills & to develop confidence in young people and adults.
Coaching in a variety of public & private arenas developing in-depth studies on Shakespeare,contemporary theatre and film & devising
2011: Royal Court Studio Writers Group- Studio Actor
Reading new scripts for the Writers Group and providing detailed feedback on dialogue and story at the Studio evenings
2007-2015: Royal Academy of Dramatic Art Workshop Facilitator.
Planning, organising and running workshops for RADA.
Coordinating and managing workshops of up to 20 adults.
Writing workshops aimed at building language and communication skills, ease of expression, confidence and the value of team-work.
Devising and delivering Story telling and Devising workshops to RADA Elders, a group of over 60s
- How much do you charge?
- I charge 40 pounds per hour for acting coaching and drama work but I am not clock watching or charging for extra minutes!
I am happy to travel to you and would need travel expense outside my general area to be covered.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in North and Central London and occasionally Ireland . I'm happy to go to you
- When are you available?
- My time is flexible as all my work is freelance
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Any and all from classes just for the fun of it up to professional standard
Language and confidence skills, LAMDA Exams, RADA, Drama school and professional auditions, GCSE devising, A Level, University Level
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes , updated March 2015
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Equity and Spotlight
- Where and with whom did you train?
Stephen Jeffries Advanced Playwriting Course
Amherst Writing Course
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have been coaching actors & those interested in drama for almost 10 years & several of my students have been accepted to drama schools including RADA.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Be brave and take a leap!
Send a message to Karen Cogan
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more