Online Higher Chemistry Tutors / Higher Chemistry Tuition
See Also: Show
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Higher Chemistry
Dr. C. Boes Gold Member
- Bosworth (NN6) View on map
- Last Logged In: 22 Sep 2015
- Sex: Male
- Web site: www.chemistrytutornorthampton.co.uk/
- Can Travel To: Blaby, Corby, Daventry, East Northamptonshire, Kettering, Leicester, Northampton, Oadby and Wigston, Rugby, Wellingborough
This tutor is temporarily unavailableView My Full Profile
- Personal Message
- “I did not know chemistry was so easy“ said a tutee of mine, a medicine student, after one of my lesson. Everybody can do Chemistry, if they get it explained properly and apply effort.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor online using a browser based interactive whiteboard with the help of a graphic tablet. The communication is via Skype or by phone. What is needed is a computer, a headset (or build in microphone & speakers) and a graphic tablet (with an electronic pen). A second webcam is also recommended.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- GCSE Chemistry
University level Chemistry including GAMSAT Chemistry
I also offer proofreading and translation of scientific papers and theses from my fields of expertise (see below).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MSc in Chemistry
PhD in Biochemistry/Microbiology
18 years Scientific Research - mainly at University (Cancer Research)
Please, visit my website (forth line under my name) for references and more information.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have successfully tutored over fifty A-level students in ten years and have helped graduate and undergraduate students at university. I have also prepared students for their Gamsat exam, which they successfully passed to go on to study medicine. I have been with a well known tutor agency for several years..
I have worked for 18 years in high profile labs in scientific research all over the world including Tübingen (Germany), Hamburg (Germany), Paris (France), Atlanta (USA), Vancouver (Canada), Cambridge (UK) and Leicester (UK).
During this time I have taught undergraduate university students and have supervised Masters and PhD students. My scientific expertise includes Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Protein chemistry, Chemical Analytic and Genetic Engineering.
- How much do you charge?
- GCSE - £30.00 p.h.
A-Level - £30.00 p.h.
University - £35.00 p.h.
For teaching at the student's home following travel surcharges apply:
-> for travel distances of 5 - 10 miles, please add £3
-> for travel distances of 10 - 20 miles, please add £6
Please, visit my website by clicking on the forth line under the name header for more information!
- Where do you teach?
- I offer online tuition and travel to the pupil’s home. I serve the Leicester- and Northamptonshire area, including Market Harborough, Rugby, Daventry, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Northampton and Leicester within 30 min driving distance. I do not teach at my home in Kelmarsh (NN6 9LZ).
- When are you available?
- All days and times of the week.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- GCSE, A-level and University
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- As above, plus Chemistry and Biochemistry for GAMSAT and BMAT.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently I have 11 pupils. 1 medicine student and 10 A-level students (OCR A, OCR B, Edexcel, AQA). All of them have significantly improved due to their hard work and show much greater confidence in the subject now.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I hope you will say after one of my lessons: " I did not know Chemistry was so easy"
Here are some quotes of what my students said in the past:
“Thank you so much for your help this year. My understanding has improved immensely and my confidence has also greatly benefited. I can now enjoy chemistry without the confusion and stress, even the exams have become enjoyable!” Gabrielle Christie
“You are a really good teacher and explain things very well.” Rakhi Bharadia
“I like the way you teach. You do not spoon fed, but help me to find the solution on my own.” Joe F.
“I can’t thank you enough for the tuition you gave to me - it was invaluable.” Lydia Dewis
“I wanted to thank you for your help and let you know that I got into my
first choice university” Amandeep Kang.
“I wouldn't have been able to get the A* without your help.” Sanjeev Braich
“I got my GAMSAT results the other day and scored an average of 63 (which is in the top 15% of the country)!! Thanks so much for your help” Roshan Sing Rupra