Online Higher Chemistry Tutors / Higher Chemistry Tuition
|M S Rahman||Palmers Green, N11|
|Dr. C. Boes||Bosworth, NN6|
|Philip Bradfield||Dunfermline, KY12|
|Graham Leitch||Loose, ME15|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Higher Chemistry
- Personal Message
- Students seeking to achieve higher grades, e.g. for entry to medical school, should find my tuition particularly helpful.
I'm known as a highly regarded and successful tutor who has good relationships with my pupils.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype with screen sharing along with other supportive technology.
Students like my online tuition because they find it works well, it's easy to fit into a tight schedule, it's convenient, it's in the comfort of their own home, it's easy to screen share, it's easy to share files, it's easy to talk to me, and it doesn't seem much different from normal face to face sessions.
Full explanations of needed computer skills can be provided if required.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- A-level Chemistry, IB Chemistry, Scottish Higher and Advanced Chemistry.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry, St Andrew University,
PhD Chemistry, St Andrews University,
PGCE in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I'm a former Head of Science, Head of Chemistry and Teacher of Chemistry to A-level.
I have over 30 years teaching Chemistry in independent and local authority schools.
I have 6 years experience as an A-level and IB Chemistry tutor.
- How much do you charge?
- £100 for each two hour time slot for individual students and £75 each for 2 or 3 students together.
Length of tuition sessions:
Tuition sessions can be less than two hours for £100 due to distance, travel, timing, or other circumstances.
Tuition sessions are a maximum of two hours for local Maidstone students and for those who choose to travel into the Maidstone area for tuition.
Tuition sessions are a maximum of one and a half hours for students more than 6 miles away, for students who cannot fit their session into a time slot, for sessions starting at 4.30pm, and for all online sessions.
Tuition sessions are a maximum of one hour for students more than 15 to 18 miles away, and for those who cannot fit their sessions into a time slot.
- Where do you teach?
- Tuition can be arranged at a student’s home, a library, another suitable venue, at my home, or online.
Online tuition is cоnvenient, in the comfort of your own home, easy to fit into a tight schedule and nоt much different frоm personal tuition.
Students within a five mile radius are preferred.
Ongoing support is available to students between sessions.
- When are you available?
- Most tuition is available during the time slots from 1.30pm (or 1.45pm) to 3.30pm and from 4pm (or 4.15pm) to 6pm on Mondays to Thursdays.
Tutoring sessions are also possible during school holidays and during study leave periods when additional time slots are usually available, e.g. 8am to 10 am, 10.30am to 12.30 pm and possibly 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Enquiries and applications are welcome.
Please go to my website at www.drgleitch.co.uk to complete and send in an application form if you're interested in tuition.
Students within a five mile radius of Maidstone or those who can travel in are preferred.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Mostly sixth form.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A-level Chemistry with all the examination boards including AQA, Edexcel, IB, OCR(A) and OCR(B) Salters.
Scottish Higher Chemistry and Scottish Advanced Higher Chemistry.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Formerly Royal Society of Chemistry (Chartered Chemist), ATL, PTR
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I was educated at St Andrews University and did a PGCE teacher training course at Dundee College of Education.
I've attended many in service teacher training courses including several with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
I have over 30 years teaching experience in independent and in local authority schools.
I've been an A-level and IB tutor for five years.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Some comments from parents and students (2009 – 2013) are as follows:
Thank you, I got an A, I'm going to Cambridge. C.O.
Great news, I got an A in Chemistry and my place at St Andrews. I’m so happy!! Thank you so so much for all the help you have given me, it would have been impossible without you! T.K.
I got an A in my Chemistry A level! Thank you for all your help. I've got my place at Durham. Thank you again. A.J.
I have got to know Dr Leitch well in the year that I spent taking A-Level Chemistry intensively in one year. I was initially apprehensive about this undertaking despite my strong motivation to do it, as Chemistry was not my strongest subject at school, but determined to change career path to medicine I decided I needed to enlist some help, and I am very glad that I was fortunate enough to find Dr Leitch.
Dr Leitch is a supportive, intuitive and flexible teacher who knows how to approach the subject in a way that will suit his student’s individual needs and learning style. Being so experienced and organised he is also able to provide excellent learning resources such as practice papers, Powerpoints and very helpful help sheets for revision and consolidation on your own time, and he helps you understand what examiners and individual exam boards are looking for. The availability of lessons via Skype is also very useful if you cannot be in the same place at the same time, and works very well as you can share screens to share presentations and written work in real time and capture screenshots of Powerpoints to look at later. Dr Leitch is very computer savvy, so if you are addicted to your laptop you can use Skype and Dropbox to share files and work such as worksheets.
I found his exam training particularly helpful as he is able to specify your technique to the exam board and help you train to use what you have learned in a way that will get you maximum points in the exam, and his encouraging and practical approach has built my confidence in my ability to learn, understand science, and achieve in exams.
Over the course of the past year I have undertaken a 1 year intensive AS & A2 course, going from barely remembering the basics to achieving an A* with 95% overall. If you have not been in education for a while, or you are a graduate and have not studied science for some time, I am proof that it is possible to do well if you try hard; and Dr Leitch was very easy to communicate with and learn from, for someone like me who is a bit older than your typical A-level student, and most importantly he was positive about my aims as a ‘mature’ student!
If you are re-sitting or just want to make sure that you do well in your exams first time, you will find Dr Leitch friendly and approachable and will treat you as an adult, making it really easy to interact and learn with him. Whatever your aim is for studying, I am sure Dr Leitch can help you to reach your potential.”
You have obviously given E.R. a lot more confidence in the topics you taught her. I am keen for you to work with her as much as possible. Mr S.R.
I am wondering if you have any availability for tutoring. Several of my friends were tutored by you and recommended you. Please could you contact me as soon as possible. Thank you, H.K.
I got an IB level 6. I really appreciated those lessons, thank you for all your help. S.R.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My tutoring is flexible according to every student's individual needs with effective problem solving, consolidation and examination training all on offer.
My experience as an examiner, question writer and editor enables me to help students understand how papers are set and marked, what examination boards are looking for, how to revise more efficiently, and how to achieve better results. My students really appreciate this.
Please go to my website and fill in the application form if you wish to apply for tuition.
Send a message to Graham Leitch
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more