Higher Maths Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Tutors in Westminster
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Sam Jenkins Lewisham, SE13
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Higher Maths
- Personal Message
- Hello! I have experience, patience, understanding and expertise in teaching Pure Mathematics, Mechanics and Statistics.
But I have a message to all students of Maths:
Do your Homework!
Stay on good terms with your teacher/lecturer/professor.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I'm very enthusiastic about Mathematics:
Maths (Pure and Applied); Further Maths; Mechanics; and Statistics.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a BSc degree in Psychology and Mathematics from London University and a Teacher's Certificate, each dating from the 1960s.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Most of my 35 years' experience has been teaching in South London and Kent.
I have taught overseas, in Zambia.
I have lectured in Business Information Technology at the University of Westminster.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £35 for an hour's lesson.
I do not charge any extra for travel.
Group discounts can be negotiated.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach in my pupils' homes.
Most of my clients are from South London; occasionally I travel to Essex, North Kent, or to Central London.
I teach anywhere within London Rail Zones 1 - 6, but I do not teach outside that area.
This year I have decided to go to all my pupils by public transport, wherever possible.
- When are you available?
- I am available most days, with the exception of Sundays, when I play with some of my grandchildren.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach pupils over the age of 16, to GCSE, IB, A-level and University entrance examinations.
I also teach undergraduates who need mathematical support, for example first-year medical students, engineering students and trainee teachers.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Most of my students are working for their GCSE, International Baccalaureate or A-levels in Maths, Mechanics or Statistics.
Occasionally I get requests to prepare people for University entrance, or to help with Statistics projects.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I had a CRB certificate, several years ago, which is now out of date.
I must point out that for the good of all concerned, if I am teaching a pupil under 18 years, it is essential that another responsible adult is somewhere in the house.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am registered with the General Teaching Council for England.
Teacher reference number: 63/16475
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained at Goldsmiths' College and at Birkbeck College, both in the University of London.
That was in the 1960s!
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Four of my pupils are studying A-level maths, and two are studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) course.
I'm happy to say that three of them have returned after I taught them last year - that kind of endorsement makes me very happy!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- See above:
"Do your homework and stay on good terms with your School or College."
Decide which topic(s) you want to study before your tutor arrives!
Send a message to Sam Jenkins
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more