IB Maths Tuition in Westminster (Bayswater, Marylebone, Belgravia and Maida Vale)
Tutors travelling to Westminster
- Waqar Haymill, SL1
- Nick Collier Enham Alamein, SP11
- Dr Alice Crawford Hainault, IG8
- George Bowman Brampton and Walton, S40
- Nick Geere Okehampton, EX20
- Miriam Linehan Palmers Green, N22
- Raj Jain Stanmore, HA8
- Gerard RM Blackheath, SE3
- SLakha Heathfield, TW4
- Meryl Williams Wokingham, RG40
- Dr. Victor Bluett Nonsuch, SM2
- Vesna Sarajcic Bishopsgate, E1
- Mike Brown Hadleigh, SS7
- Nasira Central Leeds, LS2
- Natasha Tiwari Fulham, SW6
- Peter Adey Walkden, M28
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Philip Bradfield Dunfermline, KY12
- Miss Abhi Bushey, WD19
- Dr Gordon Braddock Emsworth, PO10
- Simon Wang Stratford, E3
- Stefan Gugura Ipswich, IP4
- Brian D Roberts Hangleton and Knoll, BN1
- Deepa Bhatnagar Pinner, HA5
- Brian Cole Kingswinford, DY6
- Philip Williams Hildenborough, TN11
- Sandra Burne Cheltenham, GL51
- Dr Rajandra Shah Rushmills, NN1
- Leena Finchley Central, N3
- Paul McGrath Surbiton, KT6
- Sunder Annamraju Lovelace, KT11
- Dr Emma Morgan Trumpington, CB2
- Gorkem Waterloo, SE1
- P Godden Willesborough, TN24
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Fletcher Southcourt, HP21
- Alan Evans Warley, CM14
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for IB Maths
- Personal Message
- I have a Ph.D in the philosophy of physics and four years' experience as a private tutor, my students have secured places at top private schools including scholarships to Eton and St Paul's.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach mathematics and the sciences from 11+ to GCSE and mathematics, physics and biology at A-Level. Interview preparation and university level tuition in physics and philosophy are also available.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Ph.D from Bristol University in the Philosophy of Physics
M.Sci from Bristol University in Physics and Philosophy
- What kind of experience do you have?
- For the past four years I have accumulated around 1400 hours of private tuition experience. Most of my work involves bringing struggling students up to speed in order to pass exams at 11 or 13+. I also specialise in preparing students for scholarships to Eton, St Paul's and Winchester. Here is a short list of recent successful students:
Eton King's scholarship 2014
Eton common entrance 2014
St Paul's scholarship 2014
13+ entrance to Dulwich College x2 2014
13+ entrance to Harrow 2014
A-level physics, entrance to Bristol University 2014
A-level maths, entrance to UCL 2014
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £50 per hour for all tuition unless the student visits me at home in which case it's £40 per hour. If travel outside of London is required I charge £20 per hour of travel.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach mainly around west London (Holland Park, South Kensington, Knightsbridge, Battersea, Sloane Square) but travel further during busy times of year. Students are welcome to come to my house in W2 for lessons too.
- When are you available?
- I teach mainly after school (4-8pm) and occasionally at weekends. School holidays are also a busy time for me.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 11 and above.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Common entrance
University entrance and interview preparation
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I use Skype and Facetime for online tutoring.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have an 11 year old boy preparing for scholarship exams, we also spend some time on computer coding which I find can be a valuable learning tool and impresses at interviews.
A 13+ student is getting ready for his common entrance exams, he was very far behind the rest of his class having just moved to the UK. He is making rapid progress.
A GCSE student of mine is having weekly Skype lessons so we can explore more advanced topics in maths and science. We frequently find ourselves working on A-Level content or otherwise interesting material which is not on the syllabus.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- In physics, understand units. In maths, practise. It is normal to find these subjects hard. They are. But they also make sense; the more time you can devote to them the more surprised you will be by their elegance and your ability.
Send a message to Dr James Lambert
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more