IELTS Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Bromley
Interested in online tuition for IELTS?Online IELTS Tuition
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for IELTS
- Personal Message
- I am a Cambridge University educated EFL teacher specialising in elocution and accent work. I also work as a professional singer and actress and love teaching singing and leading choirs. I enjoy teaching people of all ages and nationalities!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- English as a Foreign Language, Elocution, Accent Reduction (foreign/regional/public school...!), RP/old 'BBC English' , essay writing and proofreading / improving English that has been translated, private speech and drama lessons (one to one or two to one), script work and line testing, preparation for auditions and LAMDA exams, singing (classical/musical theatre/pop), leading choirs.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- 1st class degree in Modern Languages, Cambridge University (specialising in literature), followed by an MA Distinction in Acting and Musical Theatre, Central School of Speech and Drama (specialising in voice) and CELTA grade A (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Associated Board exams up to Grade 8 distinction: singing and cello. Pitman qualified touch typer, 75 words per minute.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught privately (elocution, singing, drama, EFL) for several years and have had a regular, flexible position in a highly respected school for teaching English as a Foreign Language for the last 6 years. I have also led singing workshops and choirs, including for BBC employees and people at Guy's Hospital. I have worked professionally as an actress and singer for the last 10 years, alongside teaching and proofreading.
- How much do you charge?
- £40 an hour for most disciplines, with the exception of singing, which I charge at £34/hour with an extra £6 on top to hire a music room. Before your first lesson, I will correspond with you or chat to you on the phone to ascertain what you need. After each lesson I will give you advice about what and how to practise. An introductory lesson costs £35/hour.
Half hour elocution/accent diagnosis: £20, my home in SE4 or a central London cafe (follow up lessons with tailor-made materials cost £40)
- Where do you teach?
- Singing/drama: Dance Attic, Fulham is recommended, but my home or the student's home could be possible Other disciplines: home, Brockley (SE4) / *occasionally* the student's home (travel may need to be charged) or even a London cafe if the student wishes to study English as a foreign language in a more informal environment and is not put off by the noise or the presence of other people!
- When are you available?
- I currently have both daytime and evening availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- EFL qualifications (FCE, IELTS etc), Associated Board exams, LAMDA exams
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I've given singing and drama lessons to shy teenagers, coached an 8 year old boy in elocution and drama, helped an Israeli lawyer with accent reduction and confidence in public speaking, led choirs for BBC workers and hospital staff, and I had a fixed contract at ITV providing elocution assistance for sales pitches and presentations.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I hope to hear from you soon!
Send a message to Joanna Lucie
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more