Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
See Also: Show
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- Welcome to my page. Please get in touch if you are interested in learning the bass.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Can teach via Skype and email examples and lesson plans.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Lessons will be tailored to what the student wants to achieve by learning and playing the bass. This could be joining and playing in the school’s “rock” band, becoming a session bassist or just learning something new and exciting.
I will show them the bass guitar in detail to understand how to use it as a tool to create sound, make music and hopefully a long career.
I can teach all styles from pop, indie and rock to reggae, funk and metal. I keep up-to-date with all the current trends in music as well as knowing all the classic bands so one can learn a whole spectrum of bass styles.
Students can learn to play finger style, with a pick or their thumb and even how to slap the bass. They will soon have a favourite way to play!
I am able to teach theory such as reading charts and tabs, playing scales, harmony, timing and ear training. Or, for those who only want to learn their favourite tunes, I will show them how to pick out the bass lines and play them (the way I learn for auditions and recording sessions).
I can teach pupils how to create their own bass lines and parts to bring to a band situation or to jam along with drum tracks.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA Commercial Music
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have over 9 years bass playing experience and have been professional most of these. I have played all over the world and on such stages as Hammersmith Apollo and The 02 Arena. I have toured the UK and played on numerous TV gigs with Matt Cardle. I have also toured the world with New Young Pony Club; including the Katy Perry European support tour.
- How much do you charge?
- Fee (30 minutes): £15.00
Fee (60 minutes): £25.00
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach at home and away at the students' houses.
- When are you available?
- Monday - 10am - 9pm
Tuesday - 10am - 9pm
Wed - Fri - 7pm-10pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Beginner to Advance - no one is too novice!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Mostly bassists that are in bands and want to improve their technique, improvising and such.