Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
See Also: Show
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
Dan Ezard Gold Member
- Chiswick (W4) View on map
- Last Logged In: 12 Jun 2015
- Sex: Male
- Web site: www.westlondonbasslessons.com
- Can Travel To: Barnet, Camden, City of London, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon, Kensington and Chelsea, Richmond upon Thames, Wandsworth, Westminster
- Personal Message
- Bass guitar, Double Bass and begginers guitar lessons in West London
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Webcam lessons available Via Skype.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Over the years I have taught lessons and masterclasses at various institutions such Leeds College of Music and Exeter College as well as maintaining my regular teaching position at Portland Place School in London. For the most part these days I teach Bass Guitar, Double Bass and Acoustic Guitar from my home in Chiswick or at students homes around West London.
Your bass lessons should be a highlight of your week not yet another item on the pile of jobs we all have to work through these days so have fun! That said i'm a strong believer that the foundations should be in place with all my students. Solid technique, a proper understanding of harmony (scales and arpeggios/chord tones) AND its practical applications which so often get overlooked in music education and a basic understanding of music theory will set you up for much more rewarding musical journey than simply learning songs.
Song playing and jamming along with your favourite tracks however is massively important as the experience should always be a musical one and not an academic study but with the correct foundations in place you can now understand why Paul McCartney played that bass line the way he did, how Flea comes up with those slap bass lines or how guys like Victor Wooten and Janeck Gwizdala come up with such beautiful solo bass arrangements.
These are my thoughts, bottom line is it's YOUR lesson. Get in touch and we can make plans to get you smiling every time you sit down to play!
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BMus Hons Jazz & Contemporary Music (Leeds College of Music)
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have toured and performed as a bassist, teacher and band leader all over the world since 2005.
Recent live credits include Katrina and the Waves, The Drifters, Starling, Disney World Florida, Bubblegum Pop Tour Dubai 2014, Royal Beach Israel, Lovetrain, Anna Jayne Casey, GMTV, Guys&Dolls, Crazy For You, The Addams Family and many more! See www.danezard.com for a full biog and CV.
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per hour from my home in Chiswick or between £40 and £50 per hour to travel to students homes around West and North London.
- Where do you teach?
- West London, Hounslow, Chiswick, Barnes, Kew, Richmond, Kingston, Hampton, Acton, Hammersmith, Shepherds Bush, Chelsea, Fulham, Putney, Kensington, Knightsbridge, Notting Hill, Ealing, Brentford, Isleworth, Sheen, Wandsworth, Hampstead, Camden, West Hampstead,
- When are you available?
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are my preferred teaching days due to a hectic gigging schedule but I can be flexible to accommodate new students.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages and levels from beginners to to very advanced players.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Grades 1-8
University Entrance Exams/Auditions
School, College, amateur orchestra and band auditions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicans Union
The Registry of Guitar Tutors
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Leeds College of Music with internationally acclaimed bassist Zoltan Deckany.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- George (15) has achieved his Grade 6 Bass Guitar and won a scholarship at a prestigious American music school.
Andrew (40's) has recently been in the studio recording with his new band.
Marco (20's) just wowed all comers at an industry showcase in Leicester Square as well as nailing his studio tracks within 4 takes.
Tom (13) has already performed a number of concerts for St Pauls chamber orchestra on Double Bass.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- The key to improvement is a mixture of enjoyment and discipline. Keep your routine enjoyable and practise every day, 10 minutes a day is better than 70 once a week.
Send a message to Dan Ezard
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more