Online Jazz Double Bass Teachers / Jazz Double Bass Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Double Bass
- Personal Message
- I'm a professional double bassist & bass guitarist working with major label artists, orchestras & West End shows. With a wide knowledge of what the working musician needs to make it in the industry, I can guide my students to achieve their goals.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Online lessons are conducted using either Skype or Apple Facetime.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach classical & jazz double bass as well as fretted & fretless bass guitars in all genres of music.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a Bmus(hons) degree and a LRAM teaching diploma, both from the Royal Academy of Music in London.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- As a performer I've played with the likes of the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Elton John & Phantom of the Opera. As a teacher I have held various teaching positions in schools including the bass guitar job at the prestigious Marlborough College in Wiltshire. I have also held school workshops with the Aurora Orchestra & have coached students in pupil referral units with the Britten Sinfonia.
- How much do you charge?
- All lessons are charged at £30 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
- Lessons are mainly taught at my home in Catford, South East London. However, I can travel to central London & the areas immediately surrounding my home if required (Forest Hill, Sydenham, Lewisham, Peckham, Dulwich, Deptford, New Cross, Greenwich, Bromley etc).
- When are you available?
- I can usually teach anytime, during the working week or weekend.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages & levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I can prepare double bass students for ABRSM exams & bass guitar students for the Trinity College rock & pop exams. I can also help more serious students prepare for music college entrance auditions.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have several CRB certificates from various teaching jobs.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I'm a member of the Musician's Union.
Send a message to Chris Kelly
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more