Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
|Dan Lipman||King's Cross, N1|
|Joann Kerrigan||Astley Mosley Common, M28|
|Sam Miles Woodwind Teacher||Willesden Green, NW2|
|Dave J Ford||Almond, KY14|
|Casey Greene||Central Nottingham, NG1|
|Alice Nicholson||Farndon, NG23|
|Ben Mallinder||Compton, SO22|
|AL Hodgson||Weybridge, KT13|
|Sam Healey||Altrincham, WA14|
|Andrew Freidin||Cowley, OX3|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- Thank you for taking a look at my Tutor pages profile. I offer the highest standard of tutoring and musical guidance for students of all ages and backgrounds
so that results might be achieved steadily and quickly.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I tutor over skype and e-mail notes and exercises after the lesson.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach Classical music on Saxophone, Flute and Clarinet having been classically trained for over a decade at Chethams School of music, Purcell school of music and the Royal Northern College of music. Having spent my life performing Jazz gigs around the world I also offer tuition to an advanced level in Jazz theory, improvisation and composition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- A Batchelor of music (with honours) from the Royal Northern College of music and a Fellowship from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of music.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have performed as a soloist and ensemble member around the world in places such as the Royal Albert Hall, The Olympia in Paris, Concertgebouw in Amsterdam and the Cincinnati Performance hall USA. I have worked on studio albums in Pop music such as Hed Kandi Beach house albums. I also compose and perform with my own ensemble.
I began teaching saxophone at age 16 privately in Hertfordshire whilst attending Purcell school of music. I have taught for ABRSM grades (classical and jazz) all of whom have achieved distinction or merit. I also teach Jazz in a variety of ways according to what a student is most interested in learning (styles, technique, sound etc) having had private lessons on many instruments, theory and voice since a very young age and having received expert tutoring throughout my education I believe I offer only the highest level of teaching with a positive attitude and light atmosphere.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £15 for half hour and £30 for an hour. If you live outside the Greater Manchester area and wish to have lessons travel arrangements can be discussed.
- Where do you teach?
- I mainly teach from Fallowfield in Manchester (slightly more central for my students).
I am happy to travel to all areas in Greater Manchester but I mainly I teach at my room in Fallowfield.
- When are you available?
- All times are negotiable within reason. I mainly teach on mondays up to 9.30pm and Tuesdays till 6pm.
I perform every week in various parts of England and I do gig around europe so I may be unavailable on a rare occassion, however I make sure to be
available the weeks running up to exam seasons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and levels from Beginner to Advanced.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Any exams that wish to be covered I am happy to work towards. I have lots of experience with LCM, Trinity and ABRSM both jazz and classical.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Where and with whom did you train?
- My main teachers have been at:
Chethams School of Music (Iain Dixon, Steve Berry, Les Chisnall)
Purcell School of Music (Simon Colam, Carlos Lopez-Real, Naomi Sullivan)
Royal Northern College of Music (Rob Buckland, Andy Scott, Steve Berry)