Online Jazz Flute Teachers / Jazz Flute Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- I believe that anybody can make music, no matter what age, so why wait? Start making music now and make that new years resolution happen! Please listen to my audio example to hear the range of music that I cover!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can teach online via Skype or Face time and have a set of resources which aid in teaching via this way.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach jazz and classical saxophone, flute, clarinet, tin whistle as well as general musicianship from the theory of music to confidence and stage performance techniques.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a first class BMus (Hons) in Jazz Performance gaining the highest mark in my year. I was awarded the Yamaha Jazz Scholarship and Silver Medal award.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I began learning saxophone at the age of 10 when my neighbour let me borrow his grandfathers old saxophone. From that moment I knew that I wanted to become a professional musician. I have played with the likes of Jamie Cullum, Charlotte Church, Sir John Dankworth, Dennis Rollins and was member of the National Youth Jazz Orchestra for several years. I have had a lot of experience in session work including TV, radio and studio.
I have been a tutor for Tower Hamlets Music Service with Wider Opportunities and have been teaching individuals and groups for many years. I recently was invited to lead a group of young people in Northern Ireland as part of an Arts Council event in Co. Down where I introduced the young classical and Irish musicians to Jazz.
- How much do you charge?
- I charge £30 per hour and £20 per half hour. Consultation lessons are charged at £25 for one hour.
- Where do you teach?
- I am happy to teach in my own home however I am also willing to travel but the travel expenses must be covered by the student. I live in the centre of Winchester and only 5 minutes walk from the train station. On street parking is available.
- When are you available?
- I am able to teach Every day of the week between 10am-9pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach beginners, intermediate and advanced players of all ages. My oldest student is 65 and my youngest is 5!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I have a high success rate in all exams that my students are entered into. The syllabuses I teach from include ABRSM & Trinity Guildhall.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an up-to-date DBS certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- All of my current students I have taught from the very beginning. What all of my students comment on by the end of their first lesson is their amazement of how easily they found it to make not only a sound, but how easy I made it for them to begin reading music. Through my extensive experience and through a range of techniques I have acquired, learning to play an instrument with me is made simple and most importantly of all enjoyable!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I believe that each student is an individual and has their own way of learning and this is something I will always aim to fulfill with every student and them reach their own potential regardless of age or experience. I also believe that music should be fun, but as with anything in life nothing is gained unless something is put in.
Send a message to Ben Mallinder
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more