Jazz Flute Lessons in Redcar, Cleveland, Guisborough and Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Other areas: Show
Tutors in Redcar and Cleveland
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Redcar and Cleveland
- Marie Dowd Linthorpe, TS5
Interested in online lessons for Jazz Flute?Online Jazz Flute Lessons
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Jazz Flute
- Personal Message
- For friendly and fun musical tuition
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I offer private and small group instrumental lessons on flute, saxophone and clarinet. In addition, I teach recorder to younger pupils and Music Theory.
All ages from 6 years old to adult tuition is offered, I have extensive experience across the board and at all abilities from beginner to degree level.
Lessons are tailored to individual requirements be it working towards ABRSM qualifications and university entrance auditions to learning for fun.
I offer one to one tuition on all essay based subjects at GCSE and A level, tailored to each individual requirements whether it be exam preparation, revision sessions or subject specific tuition.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Bmus (hons) Music - University of Huddersfield 2008
A levels: Music, Psychology, Early Modern History, English Literature, General Studies
AS levels: Biology, German
GCSE: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double Science, Music, German, Spanish, History, Textiles
Musical Qualifications: ATCL diploma (flute) G8 flute, G8 Jazz flute, G8 Standard Saxophone, G6 Clarinet, G5 Theory.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have taught private instrumental lessons throughout my university career and beyond on all woodwind instruments with all age ranges from 6 years right up to 68 years of age and at all levels both at my own home and traveling out to pupils. Additionally, I have several years experience working within both primary and secondary schools delivering whole class instrumental lessons and national curriculum sessions.
As a performer I have play regularly with local ensembles and orchestras while also giving recitals at various locations such as Wynyard Hall and Stokesley Town Hall with my accompanist Alison Gill.
I have worked as a tutor and mentor through the university of Huddersfield outreach scheme and also privately, supporting a wide range of GCSE and A level subjects across different examination boards. I have tutored for a number of years at both GCSE and A level working not only on subject specific revision and coursework but also on exam technique.
- How much do you charge?
- I offer music lessons in either 30 minute or 1 hour sessions charged at £14/£28, I offer a block booking discount for ever 4 lessons paid up front at £50/£100 meaning every 8 lessons gives a free lesson.
Prices for group lessons are by negotiation.
For theory and academic tutoring I charge a rate of £20 per hour
All costs include a modest fuel allowance.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach from my home (Located near the Little Theatre in Middlesbrough) which is minutes away from the A66 and A19 and bus routes. I will also travel to the following areas: Stockton, Middlesbrough, Saltburn, Darlington, and Hartlepool and the surrounding villages teaching in students' homes. If demand is high, it can also be arranged to teach at some schools in the area.
- When are you available?
- I am available to teach private lessons any evening or weekend outside of school hours. I try, where possible, to give each student a fixed time but at busy periods such as Christmas these times may be varied.
I teach throughout the school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all ages and abilities.
For instrumental lessons, I recomend a consultation for children under 9 years of age to acess the suitability of different instruments and to tailor a suitable programme.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Depending on the age and ambition of my pupils I tailor an appropriate programme, often working towards ABRSM or Trinity graded exams and diplomas and also coaching for music college auditions and GCSE/ A level examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I have a current enhanced CRB certificate from my current employer.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musician's Union
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I have studied under a number of esteemed flautists throughout my time at Huddersfield University such as Alan Lockwood and masterclasses with Wissam Boustany and am currently working towards advanced performance diplomas and future study at postgraduate level. More recently I have taken lessons with Gareth McLearnon.
Send a message to Marie Dowd
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more