- Personal Message
- Improvisers have more fun.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Trombone and general brass playing for beginners and intermediate students. Improvising and reading skills for jazz and Latin music.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) Psychology & Philosophy, University of Hull
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Vast experience as professional musician, touring internationally and recording with jazz, Latin, African, funk, pop, soul, rock and other musics.
Band leader / composer / arranger.
Director of The Blowpipes Trombone Trio, playing classical, jazz and traditional music.
Creator/performer of solo trombone project: trombone poetry.
Tutpr in workshops in jazz / world music, including Kingston University, Dartington International Summer School, London Centre of Contemporary Music, Hoxton Hall, Royal Academy of Music.
Composer for Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, Jazz Grades.
Member of these bands:
Roberto Pla Latin Ensemble
Snowboy & The Latin Section
The Vintage Tea Dance Orchestra
The Yiddish Twist Orchestra
- How much do you charge?
- £30 per hour pro rata. Fees negotiable.
- Where do you teach?
- At home, close to Rotherhithe station, or at students' homes, subject to discussion re distance/fee.
- When are you available?
- Any day of the week, at various times, subject to availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Beginners especially welcome.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Not as yet.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Musicians' Union
Tutors in: Beckenham, Bickley, Biggin Hill, Birkbeck, Bromley, Chelsfield, Chiselhurst, Chislehurst, Cray Valley, Crystal Palace, Darwin, Eden Park, Farnborough, Hayes, Keston, Orpington, Penge, Petts Wood, Plaistow, Shortlands, West Wickham