Online Key Stage 1 Maths Tutors / Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition
See Also: Maths; A-level Maths; A-level Maths (Further); GCSE Maths; Higher Maths; IB Maths; IGCSE Maths; Key Stage 2 Maths; Key Stage 3 Maths; National 4/5 Maths; Scottish Primary 1-3 Maths; Scottish Primary 4-7 Maths; Scottish Secondary 1-2 Maths; STEP; University Maths
|Giuliana Secchi||Wells, BA5|
|Peta Cornish||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Jon Clark||Welwyn Garden City, AL7|
|Mike Chick||Whipton & Barton, EX4|
|Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor||Hampstead, NW3|
|Mark Parris||South Norwood, SE25|
|Mike Ford||Haggerston, N1|
|Jacqueline Anderson||Oscott, B42|
|Adrian Beckett||Plumstead, SE18|
|Mrs Bhatia||Gants Hill, IG5|
|Joanne Leach||Southgate, N14|
|Tina Hemphill||Banbury, OX16|
|Joseph Alexander||Marylebone, W1|
|Suzanne Delves||New Malden, KT3|
|richardg||North Richmond, TW10|
|Abi Mogul||Perivale, HA0|
|Sara Sewell||Paddox, CV22|
|Rachel deG||Earlsfield, SW17|
|Ruth Farrell||Burton, DE15|
|Abdur-Rahman Chachia||Balham, SW17|
|Abigail Williams||Archway, N15|
|Kap Anand||South Harrow, UB5|
|Louisa Gray||Heston, TW3|
|Amy Yuan LRAM||Gloucester Road, SW7|
|Sam Kam||Soho, B16|
|David Wells||Cricklewood, NW2|
|Mohammad Bari||Forest Gate, E7|
|Tiffani Vinyard||Hemel Hempstead, HP2|
|Amir Hussain||Bermondsey, SE1|
|Llinos Williams||Kingswood, KT20|
|Mrs Thanvi||Snaresbrook, E18|
|Mrs. Preeti Baviskar||Arnos Grove, N12|
|Harri Parish||Brixton, SE24|
|Oliver Beckett||Wood Green, N22|
|Alex Wingfield||Highbury, N16|
|Shu-Chen Warner||Caterham, CR3|
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Maths
- Personal Message
- Highly experienced Mathematics teacher and professional tutor with an outstanding track record of preparing students to overperform in London and overseas for mathematics entrance examinations 7+, 11+, 11plus, 13+, GCSEs A-level and IB.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- online lessons are undertaken via Skype
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I have been teaching Mathematics for 18 years (over 20000 hours of teaching and tuition) and have experience from KS1 7+, KS2 11+,13+ through to GCSE & A-level. See list above. I have taught overseas at the International school of Oporto, then taught at Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School for four years, and at South Hampstead High School where I was Head of Mathematics 2007-2008, then Head of House. My expertise and passion for helping students unlock their learning potential led me to found Hampstead & Frognal Tutors in 2010.
From 2006 - 2010 I was a member of the Girl's School consortium for writing the 11+ entrance papers that includes Francis Holland, Heathfield, Notting Hill and Ealing, Queen's, St Albans, St Helen's, SHHS, Channing, City of London School for Girls, More House, North London Collegiate School, Northwood College, St James's, Godolphin & Latymer.
My expertise and passion for helping students unlock their learning potential led me to co-found Hampstead & Frognal Tutors in 2010. Our company has a top success rate for exam entrance preparation, GCSEs and A-levels in North and Central London. My role at H&FTutors includes tutor training, recruitment and consultancy for advice to parents on school choice including school entry.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc Mathematics
PGDip Mathematics Education
CRB enhanced check
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have experience of teaching and coaching at all levels for students in London. During school holidays I sometimes travel overseas to prepare students for exams in the UK. My most recent visits abroad this year have included Spain, Isle of Man, and Switzerland for 11+ preparation. My experience ranges from KS1 preparing for the 7+, to the 11+ and 13+ common entrance examinations, through to KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, IB, A-Levels, and Pre-U. My students have successfully gained places at the leading London schools including:-
Cheltenham Ladies College
City of London Boys (and girls)
Dame Alice Owen's school
Godolphin & Latymer
North London Collegiate
I was a member of the London consortium examination board for writing the 11+ papers from 2006 until 2010.
At the top end I teach Further Mathematics, and coaching for Oxford & Cambridge. I have successfully coached students through STEP & AEA in order to secure places at Cambridge, Oxbridge and Warwick.
- How much do you charge?
- My standard rate for tuition is: £100/hour. This reflects my experience, expertise and the high success rate of my students. See testimonials.
If you would like an excellent tutor I work with a great team at Hampstead & Frognal Tutors. Simply send me an email for further details.
For overseas travel and tuition please contact me to discuss the brief.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach at our office in Frognal NW3 and at students homes in Hampstead, Belsize, Swiss Cottage, St John's Wood, Primrose Hill and the surrounding area. The nearest stations are Finchley Road (7mins walk) Jubilee/met lines, Hampstead (11mins walk) northern line, and the Frognal & Finchley Overground (4mins walk).
I can also travel to the students home, providing it is within a short commute.
For the overseas courses I travel anywhere worldwide depending on availability.
- When are you available?
- I am available for one to one tuition from 7:30am to 9pm Mondays to Thursdays, Fridays 7:30am to 7pm. Saturdays and Sundays 8am to 7pm. Also available for block bookings of tuition during school holidays. In some cases where we cannot find a mutual time I can help you find the right tutor. I recruit and train the Hampstead & Frognal Tutors.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All levels 7+ 11+ 13+ KS3 + GCSE+ IGCSE+ A-Level + Further + STEP + AEA + OXBRIDGE + Overseas States SAT's
I also provide coaching for gifted and talented pupils in Olympiad and Mathematics challenge training. I can offer a discount for this if there are two pupils or for block bookings.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 7+, 11+ entrance examinations, 13+ common entrance, GCSE, IGCSE, A-level, IB, AEA, STEP
American SAT exams
mathematical challenges and Olympiad preparation
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- CRB is enhanced and up to date and can be produced on request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I am a member of the Mathematical Association & the UK Mathematics Trust
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Having a solid background in mathematics and financial mathematics from the University of Southampton I went onto to train at Sussex University for the mathematics PGCE, and studied for the MRES/PgDip course in mathematics through the Professional and Education Studies Faculty at King's College London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I have taught many students and some of them made significant achievements - see below.
The names of the individuals are changed to protect the families privacy.
References can be obtained in respect of the individual students below following a request for consent to contact.
Matthew started to prepare for 11+ in year 5 and following my advice we also prepared him for Eton 13+. Eton have offered a conditional place. He decided to sit for Habs and Highgate anyway. Matthew was also offered places at Highgate and Habs (Scholarship)
James was offered places at Eton, UCS, and Highgate. Highgate was an outstanding achievement given that there were only 8 places offered from over 200 applicants.
Andrew achieved the top maths score for Eton out of 10 other students who applied from the top North London prep. He has an offer for Eton 2016 entry. In the maths test at Eton he scored 93% (the highest in his 'top' prep school). With an offer from St Paul's and wait listed for Westminster Andrew is in a strong position to choose between Top UK schools.
Claire received offers for all but one 11+ schools including Wycombe Abbey, Highgate, NLCS, Latimer Upper, Channing, SHHS. Claire accepted NLCS.
Toby was prepared for 10+ City Boys and was accepted.
Elizabeth struggled with maths and lacked confidence before I worked with her to rebuild her confidence and relay the foundations in her mathematical skills. After a year Elizabeth's maths improved significantly and was accepted at Channing following the 11+ exams.
Jeffrey attended a state school and the family took an 11th hour decision in October to prepare for Highgate. After a programme of intensive sessions we helped Jeffrey develop his maths skills in applying them to the exam questions. In such a short space of time Jeffrey went from scoring under 50% to over 90% and received a place at highgate for 2015 entry.
Hannah required prep from City Girls with only one terms notice and having not had a tutor before. We had to work extremely hard to get Hannah up to speed for the exam. With my advice and strategy of working through a variety of maths problems Hannah reached a very high standard and flew through the exam. Hannah is now at City Girls (and enjoying year 7) in 2014.
One of my students, George is in year 7. I was teaching him since July 2011, and he has been offered 13+ places at both UCS and Highgate.
James is in year 6 attending a state school and has offers from HABS, City of London, and Highgate.
Max attended a mediocre state school and I helped with the maths prep for Highgate and UCS. He was offered 11+ places at both schools and accepted Highgate.
Elizabeth took further maths A-level last year and successfully went to Cambridge to study Physics.
Ben failed his AS maths before seeing me for help with the retake. He re-sat all of the modules with my guidance, achieved an A, and went to his first choice university (Warwick).
Philip who attended a state school scored top 20 for early entry 10+ to City of London Boys' year 6 in 2012.
Emily who was attending an international school applied for Channing, NLCS, and City. She accepted a place at City.
Alex achieved a grade A in his Financial Economics module whilst studying at Oxford in 2012.
With only 25 places available for 150 applicants to Highgate Rupert (who attended a prep) was very pleased get an offer for 2013 year 9 13+ entry.
Rohit attended a state school and was offered 11+ places at all schools applied for including Merchant Taylor's, Habs, City and John Lyons (scholarship).
Jim passed the Westminster Challenge and struggled with the maths before tuition started. He is attending from 2013.
Harry started having lessons with me in June 2012, and we prepared for City Boys and Highgate. He decided to opt for Highgate for its reputable maths department. He then started to prepare for maths challenge and Olympiad. Through further coaching he was able to make a significant contribution to his Maths challenge team. Harry's team are through to the final.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Learning mathematics is like climbing mountains - they both require determination and perseverance, and the sense of achievement in mastering both is extremely satisfying. Let me be your guide and I will help you achieve what you thought was never possible.
Send a message to Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more