Key Stage 1 Maths Tuition in Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield
Tutors in Birmingham
Nearby Tuition Centres
- Mark W Taylor - Maths Tutor Hampstead, NW3
- Mike Chick Whipton & Barton, EX4
- Nigel Singh Frognal, NW3
- Geek School Ltd Bickley, BR1
- Amy Yuan LRAM Gloucester Road, SW7
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Louisa Gray Isleworth, TW7
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Mr.Kanesalingam Goodmayes, IG3
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Mrs. Preeti Baviskar North Finchley, N12
- Philippa Briscoe Biggleswade, SG18
- Peta Cornish Cricklewood, NW2
- Kap Anand South Harrow, UB5
- Michael Drayton Chislehurst, BR7
- Mrs Rehana Goodmayes, IG3
- J Preece Ravenscourt Park, W4
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Mike Ford Haggerston, N1
- Suzanne Delves New Malden, KT3
- Oliver J. Beckett Wood Green, N22
- Adrian Beckett Muswell Hill, N10
- Tiffani Vinyard Hemel Hempstead, HP2
- Abi Mogul Perivale, HA0
- Mohammad Bari Forest Gate, E7
- David Wells Cricklewood, NW2
- Monica Janssens Rye, TN36
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Amir Hussain Bermondsey, SE1
- zhiying Heathrow, UB7
- Trish Almlof Wimbledon, SW20
- Giuliana Secchi Wells, BA5
- Harri Parish Brixton, SE24
- Alex Rennard Leyton, E10
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Joanne Leach Southgate, N14
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- richardg North Richmond, TW10
- Sara Sewell Paddox, CV22
- Mrs Thanvi South Woodford, E18
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Alexandra Charalamb Enfield, EN1
- Miss Olubi Ealing Broadway, W5
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Maths
- Personal Message
- I have experience working with children of all abilities. I have acquired various teaching strategies over the years which has increased my ability to help children raise their self esteem and confidence levels in order to progress.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach all the subjects I have indicated above. I also teach children with autism/learning disabilities academic and social/life skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BA (Hons) Childhood, Culture and Education.
Currently completing Postgraduate Diploma Special Educational Needs and Inclusion.
My other quailification are as follows:-
CACHE Diploma Child, Care and Education.
CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills.
Diploma Front Office Practice.
Pediatric First Aid Certificate.
Preliminary Certificate in Legal Studies.
GCSE: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Media studies, Office Studies, French.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have twenty years of childcare experience and have a good knowledge of child development and education. I have mainstream teaching experience and have planned for and taught whole classes of children with mixed abilities.
I also have a lot of experience of working with and caring for children with autism, learning difficulties and special educational needs. I am also familiar with the local education authorities and inclusion procedures.
I have experience of tutoring one to one and have found that by working on a child's confidence, self esteem as well as the subject matter you will see progress. I have high expectations for all my students.
- How much do you charge?
- For one to one tuition (tutoring one student at a time for a minimum of 1 hour), the charges are as I have stated above.
For tuition for a class (that's me tutoring a minimum of 3 students, for 1.5 hours) I charge each child £18 per student.
Please note that there is a £5.00 travel cost per lesson.
- Where do you teach?
- I no longer tutor in students homes, unless I am booked for a short course of study in the school holidays. Tuition now takes place in Birmingham City Centre. Diamond Tuition runs two 2hr classes on Saturdays, 12pm-2pm (Currently fully booked) and 2.15pm-4.15pm. Also, Fridays 4.30-6.30.
Other areas:- Walsall, Sandwell, Birmingham, Solihull
- When are you available?
- I am available 10-4.30pm mon- fri. 12-4.30pm sat.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach children from 3 years old up to 11 years old. For students with autism/sen, I am prepared to begin tutoring at a younger age as I believe early intervention is essential. The upper age limit is also extended.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I do.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can tutor by email and I am willing to become more familiar with skype.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I attended Birmingham University and Warwick University. I also trained with The National Autistic Society.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- Currently, all my students are on the Special Educational Needs register. Their ages range from 4 years old to 16 years old and their differences include autism, aspergers, LD, global development delay and speech and communication delay. One of my students is home schooled. I work/have worked with children with challenging behaviours. In these cases, I have had to work on the child's behaviour before we could progress onto their academic achievements. I use an holistic approach to tutoring children with SEN, as my work background includes counselling, coaching and mentoring young people.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I believe that every child has the potential to learn and by finding that child's personal learning style, this can be achieved.
Send a message to Jacqueline Anderson
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more