Key Stage 1 Science Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Mrs Thanvi South Woodford, E18
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Faisal101 Central Birmingham, B6
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Abi Mogul Perivale, HA0
- Tiffani Vinyard Hemel Hempstead, HP2
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Monica Janssens Rye, TN36
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Science
- Personal Message
- I want all my students to succeed and believe that hard work and determination will prevail. I love learning and teach my students first and foremost how to learn and how to build their own self-confidence to learn independently.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Sciences and Mathematics - KS1 to GCSE
A Level Chemistry and Physics
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc. (Hons) Chemistry II(i) - Bristol University
A Levels - Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
AO Levels - Mathematics (Pure), Mathematics (Pure and Applied)
O Levels - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Human Biology, English, English Lit, History, French, German
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I am a highly experienced trainer / consultant with many years spent in the classroom and in commercial organisations. I have a great deal of life experience and underpin my academic teaching with preparing young people for the adult world of work.
- How much do you charge?
- £40 for A-level
£35 for KS3
£30 for KS1 / KS2
I offer discounts for bulk purchase (10+ lessons) and advance payment
- Where do you teach?
- Teach at home in South Norwood / Crystal Palace
Travel to surrounding areas (Croydon, Coulsdon, Purley, Bromley, West Wickham, Kenley, Caterham, Whyteleaf)
Travel to Central, South-East and South-West London
- When are you available?
- Weekday evenings and weekends - please enquire for availability
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- 11-18 KS1-3
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- KS1-3 exams - English, Maths, Science
GCSE - Maths and Science
A-Level Chemistry / Physics
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Applied - in progress
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Skype - though this would be last resort - Face to face is infinitely preferable for my style of teaching
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I learned to train and teach under one of the foremost professional trainers in the UK
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- L is studying AS Physics in a highly-acclaimed and high achieving independent school and failed Autumn term mock exams with "E" grade. After only 3 targeted 2 hour sessions, he raised his grade to "B" in the Spring term interim mocks. He is quoted as saying "Mark is the only person who can make me understand Physics".
As an 11 year old, Izzy was struggling in many subjects (maths in particular) at her new, independent all-girls school and found it difficult to find the inspiration to learn. I quickly spotted her innate enthusiasm and delight in physical activity and craft. I developed a course of summer holiday learning for Izzy which involved building a scale model of the Solar System to harness her fascination with astronomy and apply geometry and arithmetic concepts in a real way (Mercury was a pea 100 metres from the Sun in the middle of a field and we had to show where Jupiter would be on an ordnance survey map using a compass and ruler!).
I taught A triple science throughout her GCSE years. A succession of poor supply teachers at her state school had left her struggling with the basics of GCSE science. A's mother was delighted with her progress and especially proud when she achieved grade A in all her science GCSEs. "A is convinced she would have failed without you"
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I will teach you to succeed - if you put in the effort
We will be focused and determined, have fun and learn together - if you put in the effort
I will show you how to be the best you can be - but you must put in the effort
I want you to teach me things I don't yet know -- I will put in the effort
Send a message to Mark Parris
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more