Key Stage 1 Science Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Faisal101 Central Birmingham, B6
- Mrs Thanvi Snaresbrook, E18
- Abi Mogul Perivale, HA0
- Zaen Huddersfield, HD3
- Tiffani Vinyard Hemel Hempstead, HP2
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Paul Latheron Stoke Newington, N4
- Abigail Williams Archway, N15
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Rachel deG Earlsfield, SW17
- Monica Janssens Rye, TN36
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Science
- Personal Message
- I am a retired university lecturer with a background in electrical engineering, computer science, and psychology and offer tuition in maths, science (especially physics) and psychology.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I am able to offer math and physics from primary up to 'A' level, general science (biology, chemistry, and physics) up to GCSE level, and psychology at 'A' level and university level. I am familiar with the maths and physics specifications of all the main examination boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR, OCR (MEI) and WJEC). A number of my students have been following courses in IGCSE Maths or Science or the International Baccalaureate (IB) in Maths or Physics. My specialist areas in psychology at university level are developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, personality and intelligence, and research methods.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- BSc (Hons) in Electrical Engineering, Imperial College. MS in Electrical Engineering, New York University. PhD in Psychology, Cambridge University.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have a dual background in Electrical Engineering and Psychology and retired in 2007 after 20 years as a University lecturer. At different stages in my career I taught both Software Engineering/ Artificial Intelligence and Psychology. I have been tutoring (maths, general science (GCSE), physics (A level), ICT, and psychology (A level and University level) since March 2008. My tutees range in age from 6 years to 70+
- How much do you charge?
- Travel Fees Up to 7 miles: no charge. From 8 to 25 miles: sliding scale between £2 and £8. I prefer not to travel further than 15 miles, but would not rule out provided session was at least two hours.
- Where do you teach?
- I can teach in the student's home, but not at my home at present. I am able to travel to students in SE London, Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich and Kent, within 15 miles of Bromley (BR1 5RF). See above for travel charges above 7 miles.
- When are you available?
- Weekdays (Monday to Thursday only), am and pm.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Ages: 5 years to adult Levels: KS1 to KS5 + FE/HE
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- The British Psychological Society (Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow)
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My approach is to assess the pupil's needs, strengths, and weaknesses carefully at the outset in order to develop a set of goals based on this assessment. The aim is to provide well-structured and clearly presented instruction, which if the student is able and well-motivated will generally lead to progress. If the pupil is poorly motivated and/or has acquired unhelpful learning habits then may need to vary the approach in order to re-engage their interest and/or find a level at which they can perform successfully, and then build on this accomplishment. For relaxation: I listen to jazz and blues.