Key Stage 1 Science Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Faisal101 Central Birmingham, B6
- Mrs Thanvi Snaresbrook, E18
- Abi Mogul Perivale, HA0
- Zaen Huddersfield, HD3
- Tiffani Vinyard Hemel Hempstead, HP2
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Paul Latheron Stoke Newington, N4
- Abigail Williams Archway, N15
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Rachel deG Earlsfield, SW17
- Monica Janssens Rye, TN36
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Science
- Personal Message
- I aim to be punctual, flexible and professional. When teaching 11+, I tend to focus on past papers and the readily available 11+ books, but I listen to what people want.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- I teach 7+, 11+, English, Mathematics, Science and Reading Recovery. I also teach the National Curriculum.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I have a degree, a PGCE and a 'Reading Recovery' qualification.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have been teaching for 18 years. I have taught mainly in K.S.1 and K.S.2, but I have some experience in PRUs, EBDS, secondary schools and special needs.
- How much do you charge?
- Where do you teach?
- I usually teach at the pupil's house. I also teach in my house. I live in the borough of Greenwich.
- When are you available?
- Weekends. Also, 5pm to 7pm in the week, after my full-time teaching work is finished.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I teach all levels and all ages. This may seem unlikely. However, it is true. I teach a mixed class for my full-time job.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- 11+, 7+ and National Curriculum tests. I'm also being asked to teach 12+ which I aim to have a go at. I'm qualified to teach up to year 7.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- I do have an up to date DBS certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I trained in Milton Keynes, in 'De Montfort' University.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- One student has just sat her 11+ and passed. She was a pleasure to teach. She was very bright, Her sibling is now trying to pass.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- My approach is to be a companion teacher, on what is always an interesting journey! In any given hour, one might discover facts relating to the plague, the purchase of a hanging basket with 'N' amount of flowers and an uncrackable code. I do leave homework. I discuss the amount and type of homework with you. I want you to take ownership of your studies, so you realise you are working primarily for yourself, and because the work we do needs to be complemented by the independent work you do.
My approach is different to class teaching. It's more about looking at questions, and hinting at possible ways to do it. I'm expecting the pupil to be engaged and need less direct teaching. There are short cuts. However, I'm talking about 11+ here.
Send a message to Mr.Tyley
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more