Key Stage 1 Science Tuition in Bromley (Penge, Beckenham, Orpington, Crystal Palace, Chislehurst)
Tutors in Bromley
- Sorry no tutors found
Tutors travelling to Bromley
- Mrs Bhatia Gants Hill, IG5
- Faisal101 Central Birmingham, B6
- Abigail Williams Tottenham Green, N17
- Mrs Thanvi South Woodford, E18
- Sowmya Kennington, SE1
- Alex Wingfield Highbury, N16
- Abi Mogul Perivale, HA0
- Tiffani Vinyard Hemel Hempstead, HP2
- Dr Margaret Nwagwu Wollaton, NG8
- Mark Parris South Norwood, SE25
- Viv Battersea, SW1
- Nasim Golders Green, NW2
- Jon Clark Welwyn Garden City, AL7
- Tina Hemphill Banbury, OX16
- Llinos Williams Kingswood, KT20
- Monica Janssens Rye, TN36
Request a Tutor
Can't find the tutor you need? Post a request on our Tutors Wanted board.View all tutors for Key Stage 1 Science
- Personal Message
- I am an experienced professional tutor who is both patient and thorough, who enjoys this sort of work and has helped many people through their examinations and takes a keen interest in all my students.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Maths, Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Accountancy and Business Studies.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I am a qualified chartered accountant with an upper second class honors degree in Chemistry and I am also an associate member of the Royal College of Science.
- What kind of experience do you have?
- I have many years of experience as a researcher and teacher in colleges and small private schools as well as home tutoring and have also worked in commerce and industry. I have taught a wide variety of students from high flyers who want to achieve the top grades to go into medicine to younger pupils with special needs. A good proportion of my Chemistry and Physics A Level students do very well in their exams and I cover all the major syllabuses, OCR, AQA, Edexcel and the Salters Approach. In maths I have experience in Edexcel and MEI boards. I also teach accountancy up to degree level and have helped undergraduate students in business studies and finance. I also teach younger pupils from the age of about 6 core elements of Science, Maths and English, sometimes to support their school work and sometimes to aim for 11+ entrance exams. I have also had great success working with children with ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome.
- How much do you charge?
- Between £20 and £35 per hour which includes all reasonable travel costs and there are also discounts for group, multiple and longer lessons.
- Where do you teach?
- I teach anywhere in London and the Home counties so location is not an issue and split my time and live in Tooting and near Finsbury Park.
- When are you available?
- I have a pretty flexible timetable and work every day and all through the day and year
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- I work with pupils of all ages from 6 to mature adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- I prepare students for:Common entrance 11 & 13 plus entrance exams, Key Stage 1 to 4, GCSE & IGCSE in Maths & Science, the IB Exam, and A level Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I also help people in their undergraduate studies in biomedicine, chemistry and pharmacology.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Yes I have an up to date and enhanced CRB certificate
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- I can do on line tutoring either via say email or over the phone unfortunately I do not have skpe.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- I belong to the Institute of Chartered Accountant and the Royal College of Science
- Where and with whom did you train?
- I went to Imperial College, worked for BP and did my accountancy training with Binder Hamlyn and Deloites.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
- I teach a pupil who has ADHD and another who Asperger's Syndrome and they are both great to teach, enjoying the lessons and improving. I am also teaching a number of second years maths, physics and chemistry students who want to do medicine and a wide variety of younger science and maths students. One of my pupils is doing a master degree in business studies and accountancy and helping him though his studies is very interesting.
As a further bit of background the recent June 2013 Maths C3 Edexcel paper was very difficult but after speaking to an examiner the marks are likely to moderated. The January 2013 chemistry Edexcel paper was pretty tough and would have challenged some undergraduates! so do not despair help is at hand.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- I offer a very one to one service which has enabled many to exceed their expectations. I know the recent June 2013 Maths C3 Edexcel paper was very difficult and the January 2013 chemistry Edexcel higher paper was pretty tough and would have challenged some undergraduates! but do not despair help is at hand.
Send a message to Mark the Tutor
It's free to contact me, and you don't need to log in - read more